Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2009, 21:48   #121
BHPian

I learnt to drive in India so the first car that I took to steering was the Maruti 800 and then the Zen.

Being in Dubai, I've had the privellege to drive a Honda Civic, Honda CRV, Toyota Prado, Mercedes E240, Range Rover Vogue and lastly the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S.

I hope to get my hands on my friends Porsche Cayman S in Goa sometime soon next month
Old 17th May 2009, 22:49   #122
BHPian

**Can we please keep the discussion limited to Supercars and Exotics**

Was on the phone with one of my friends recently who is currently settled in Dubai, he was inviting me over to visit.

Cars he owns include:
Zonda F
LP 640
LP 560-4
M6, M5
X6
F430 spyder
Spyker C8
SLR McLaren

And he's got one of the Veyrons on order...Illustrious garage there. Nothing out of the ordinary for an Arab, except he's Indian, and from Mumbai...
Old 17th May 2009, 23:04   #123
BHPian

To each his own! in relation to "Best Cars Driven by you in Flesh".
Old 18th May 2009, 02:56   #124
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod : Thread title changed for the sake of clarity from now on.

Please move on with the discussion.

Thanks,
R
Old 18th May 2009, 09:55   #125
D-Man

Thanks Rehan. I missed out a lot of posts while moving to Bangalore

Old 18th May 2009, 11:32   #126
BHPian

Could any one help me out . I am not able to load photos

I clicked on the safety pin ikon and then choose a photo from my i photo.Then when i press load it says type url.I dont get that.I use a mac book air.Thanks
Old 18th May 2009, 17:33   #127
D-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcarrera View Post
Could any one help me out . I am not able to load photos

I clicked on the safety pin ikon and then choose a photo from my i photo.Then when i press load it says type url.I dont get that.I use a mac book air.Thanks
Please refer the thread below which shall guide you. Most of us use PCs. I think Quickdrw is surrounded by Mac.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html

Old 18th May 2009, 19:44   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
**Can we please keep the discussion limited to Supercars and Exotics**

Was on the phone with one of my friends recently who is currently settled in Dubai, he was inviting me over to visit.

Cars he owns include:
Zonda F
LP 640
LP 560-4
M6, M5
X6
F430 spyder
Spyker C8
SLR McLaren

And he's got one of the Veyrons on order...Illustrious garage there. Nothing out of the ordinary for an Arab, except he's Indian, and from Mumbai...
Nice collection, could you tell more. I would love to meet up with him
Old 18th May 2009, 20:26   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Nice collection, could you tell more. I would love to meet up with him
It would be difficult to meet him unless you do business with him or are a close friend of a friend.

What I don't seem to understand is how he manages to keep such collections so secretive. Even his collection here in Mumbai is not all that much known about. Great for him as he's rather a private person.

DocG
Old 18th May 2009, 21:03   #130
BHPian

Quote:

Cars he owns include:
Zonda F
LP 640
LP 560-4
M6, M5
X6
F430 spyder
Spyker C8
SLR McLaren

That is one amazing collection! He's got everything that every petrolhead has wet dreams of. Is he the only Indian to own a Veyron??
Old 18th May 2009, 22:04   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
That is one amazing collection! He's got everything that every petrolhead has wet dreams of. Is he the only Indian to own a Veyron??
Nope the first Indian to own a Veyron is in the UK, his brother crashed his, and the car was totaled. I have heard that he bought another one to replace his, except that he got the Pur Sang version instead.

The one that this exotic owner has ordered is also one of the limited edition Veyrons, but even he is not sure yet as to which model he'll be getting.

Anyway I'm sure every petrol head dreams of the Zonda F, but his is also completely carbon fiber and in that typical carbon fiber look.
Old 18th May 2009, 22:58   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Nope the first Indian to own a Veyron is in the UK, his brother crashed his, and the car was totaled. I have heard that he bought another one to replace his, except that he got the Pur Sang version instead.
============
Anyway I'm sure every petrol head dreams of the Zonda F, but his is also completely carbon fiber and in that typical carbon fiber look.
With great power comes great responsibility. Limited edition or not, a Veyron is a Veyron. And boy, he is really, really lucky.
Old 19th May 2009, 19:23   #133
BHPian

That s an amazing collection to see docg. What are you waiting for.Catch the next flight dude.
would also like to add to my list..this one i just sat in and it was my best.THE ENZO.
I had gone to kl for the F1 and ferrari had just opened the biggest ferrari showroom in the world (outside of italy). The chinese sales person was so friendly he let me sit in the enzo and started the engine of th new 16 m scuderia. I spent a few hours there.Next to that was a harley davidson showroom and cafe and maserati too.Was an amazing experience before the race
Old 21st May 2009, 13:23   #134
BHPian

Gotham Dream Cars gives access to five Lamborghinis for $1,500 - MotorAuthority - Car news, reviews, spy shots

Supercars can be driven in newyork for $1500.Amazing
Old 21st May 2009, 15:57   #135
BHPian

Quote:
It would be difficult to meet him unless you do business with him or are a close friend of a friend.

What I don't seem to understand is how he manages to keep such collections so secretive. Even his collection here in Mumbai is not all that much known about. Great for him as he's rather a private person.

DocG
Does his name began with a D and surname with a H??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks