Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2006, 20:29   #61
BHPian

Some how i like the pic with the car covered much more then the one VP has posted . its not the quality but its the sheer suspense that makes it more and more interesting.

VP – No offence dude.
Old 11th January 2006, 20:33   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod
wow....F430.. thats cool...... yeah was wondering about the price as well.... guess he got it cheap..
shhhhh........ Apparently demo car from the east ...shipped to italy then to India. Its a Ferrari 430....makes it a great demo car to buy!!
Old 11th January 2006, 20:40   #63
Senior - BHPian

Flato, I'm curious. If its true, could you elaborate on the subject?! Instead of keeping us in suspense.
Old 11th January 2006, 20:56   #64
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Apparently demo car from the east
It could be true but how can u be so sure.

Last edited by v12 : 11th January 2006 at 21:13.
Old 11th January 2006, 23:59   #65
BHPian

What do you mean when you say a 'demo car' from the 'east'??? Could you please enlighten us on this flato?
Old 12th January 2006, 01:15   #66

[SIZE=2]Guys cant disclose too much but this an't a new F430 ordered on waitlist from Italy....this is what I heard from a reliable source.......east meaning right hand drive markets - K.L - Sing. [/SIZE]
Old 12th January 2006, 09:17   #67
BHPian

Falto....you based in London...but seem to be knowing more than what we know...just one question...why would someone ship the car from the East to Italy and then back here?? Whats he trying to prove???

Hey Gordy...Nice pic there...the car cover itself looks so Fab...just wondering what how would the beauty look undressed!!
Old 12th January 2006, 11:49   #68

[SIZE=2]New cars coming in have to come with Conformity Certificates which are issued by the country of orgin....You can't ship a car directly from a location other than the place of manufacture. You will be liable for a large fine and possible refusal of clearance. [/SIZE]
Old 12th January 2006, 12:04   #69
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You can't ship a car directly from a location other than the place of manufacture.
That actually is a rule that it can be imported from the country of manufacture. It also states that the car should not have been registered in any other country. If its a demo car it would not have been runnin on Dubai or any Middle East country plates. So its possible that the same car has been shipped back to Italy and sold to him at a discounted price.
Old 12th January 2006, 12:30   #70
BHPian

Well falto and V12 ... if its necessary to import a car from its place of manufacture then how you goona get a right hand drive from Italy??
and if its not manufactured in Italy...then why was it not imported from that place itself??
Old 12th January 2006, 12:37   #71
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Doesn't Ferrari manufacture RHD 430's in Italy itself?
And aren't laws meant to be broken. The law states that it should be imported from the country of manufacture. But who follows the law. The amount of LX470's u see here, 90% are imported from Dubai under the TR scheme.

As I said he could have got it at a discounted rate because its a demo car. Anyways does it matter from where the car has come. Its come and thats more than enough for us.
Old 12th January 2006, 13:19   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12
Doesn't Ferrari manufacture RHD 430's in Italy itself?
And aren't laws meant to be broken. The law states that it should be imported from the country of manufacture. But who follows the law. The amount of LX470's u see here, 90% are imported from Dubai under the TR scheme.

As I said he could have got it at a discounted rate because its a demo car. Anyways does it matter from where the car has come. Its come and thats more than enough for us.
Brand new cars imported through a dealer or under OGL have to come with CC ....which can be got if you pull the right strings through the right dealer in Europe....secondly even if the car has been registered in another country the indian customs will not know if they provide a new car invoice from the dealer in Italy.... most T.R cars have come in on used car catagory --160% odd duty.
Ferrari is another cup of tea.....you can't compare it with any other car out there! There are a lot more eyes on these high end vehicles.....and lastly the customs scene in India has changed significantly since the EPCG scam.
Old 12th January 2006, 13:32   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
Managed this pic. Its awesome and after seeing it person, the front vents don't look all that bad. The S Class was also there, but spinners were missing.

Thats an awesome pic you have got there Gordon...a true beauty. Did you get a peek behind the veil??

Last edited by Sid Schumacher : 12th January 2006 at 13:37.
Old 12th January 2006, 14:14   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
I dont think he had much of a choice. Its more for his safety and practicality rather than his taste here. The car will grab tons of attension by itself and with him sitting in it would be a wild ghoose chase. He has been driving the car for the past few days but only up and down his lane for some reason
not much of choice ??? hmm i definately WOULDNT agree to tath, if i have around 1.5 cr at my disposal then ONE DOEES have a lot of choice.
Old 12th January 2006, 14:35   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427

not much of choice ??? hmm i definately WOULDNT agree to tath, if i have around 1.5 cr at my disposal then ONE DOEES have a lot of choice.
Read my post properly before you reply to it buddy. I was just bringing out the irony.

Most Viewed