Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2009, 17:36   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Thats the 5 series BMW Samyak.
you sure its the 5 series??

the C pillar doesn't look like one. or i might be wrong.
Old 30th June 2009, 18:22   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akzz View Post
That white Maserati is not an 'S', its the standard granturismo. You can make that out with the quad pipes. The S versions have two oval rectangular exhaust pipes. Correct me if I'm wrong.
You are right. It's not the 'S'.
Old 30th June 2009, 19:22   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post

I think it is my 5 as I was there on Sunday and saw the same car at the same spot....could be wrong too.
Old 30th June 2009, 20:34   #64
BHPian

oh wow!
the GT S is my favourite maserati.
looks like a million bucks
Old 30th June 2009, 20:35   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff View Post
I think it is my 5 as I was there on Sunday and saw the same car at the same spot....could be wrong too.
Confirmed it is a BMW for sure the wheels say it all. The size looks to be of the 5 and so has theragingbull stated that there were the Audi, lexus and bmw there in the background. I was going to mistake it for the new accord .

@ Ishotmydog it is a GT and not a GTS
Old 1st July 2009, 11:39   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
spotted this gorgeous Granturismo S in Bandra! And it's loud.VERY loud!
Also check out the Lexus LX470, Audi Q7 and the BMW 5-series in the background. So that's multiple imported cars at one spot
With all these cars around the same place, it points to a big party at Mannat
Old 1st July 2009, 11:57   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthym View Post
With all these cars around the same place, it points to a big party at Mannat
Not nesicarily my friend. These cars are seen all over. Lexus,Q7 and 5 series are common. you dont have to be a famous person to own one these days. There is a Barista or a Coffee day just where these cars are standing on Bandstand. Mannat is on the back side of this road .
Old 1st July 2009, 12:15   #68
BHPian

The bimmer in the background is a 3-Series. Look at the crease down the sides, the wheels and the mirrors.
Old 2nd July 2009, 16:38   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEM3R View Post
The bimmer in the background is a 3-Series. Look at the crease down the sides, the wheels and the mirrors.
You're right, it is a 3 series.
Old 3rd July 2009, 20:57   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyking View Post
You're right, it is a 3 series.
+1 to this baseless debate

It is a 3 series as per the 16inch alloy design and the rounded rear view mirrors which are different from the 5 series.
Old 15th July 2009, 16:08   #71

i think the interiors are fantastic blue and red combines sports as well as class...f

Its amazing, few people would understand that red and blue gives a combination of sportiness as well as class. So relax guys, its a bit of ferrari and maserati put together.

Quote:
such an expensive car and what a tacky choice of interiors! The red wheel is hilarious

but the exterior looks awesome! Thanks for sharing, dude.

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th July 2009 at 16:57. Reason: Fixing quotes, please use full and proper english with punctuations for better readability. Thanks
Old 18th July 2009, 18:38   #72
BHPian

'A bit of Ferrari & Maserati put together', interesting, not. There is no comparison between the two even tho the engines are the same.

A Maserati in its lifetime cannot match the class, stance, heritage of a Ferarri, period.

As for the interior on your car Avneesh, it was your choice hence there is no need to justify the reason behind it to other people. It cannot be 'amazing' to everyone just because you think it is.

However, Congrats on the car.

Just my 2 paise.
Old 20th July 2009, 18:48   #73
BHPian

No personal offence intended but my personal unbiased opinion is Ferraris are sporty and Maseratis are sporty yet classy. The best drivers cars for daily practical usage yet good to unleash the wild driver within. As far the interiors go, its the wrong colour correction in the photos, but otherwise it blends well uniformly throughout. In flesh the scarlet electric blue and off white theme (inspired from the American flag) uniformly extend to all parts of the car, giving it a blend suitable for all occasions: office, work, gym, club, lounge, wedding, funeral, party, birthday, joyride, race track, racing etc. Its curvaceous moves and roaring exhaust add to the universal appeal. The scarlet, steering centre, seat stitching and piping, looks very different in real and matches to the glossy red trimming and the external brake/indicator lights and callipers and this tri-colour blend reaches all parts of this trident, including under the hood in the engine bay for the cylinder head cover of the engine. The Blue alcantara on the steering rim, seat centres, headlining and carpet are an extension to the exterior. Anybody witnessed the Jacob & Co watches? Bling Bling! Do see this multi million dollar world acclaimed "tasteful" masterpiece Pics: 2009 Maserati Granturismo S (Delhi)-m_175_jacob.jpg
Blue flame is hotter than an orange flame (subtle sportiness) , Red signifies passion and cream is for luxury. Dark chrome for trim garnish, wheel rims & the grilles is for aggressive luxurious "knight"hood.
The unique vivid contrast grows on you over time and becomes less boring over a long period of ownership keeping the car looking fresh even after a long span of repeated viewing on a daily basis. Also different colours inspire different emotions. Keeping in mind the driving environment, nature and personality of the user the colours are chosen to invigorate the right emotions in the right ratio and subdue the dangerous and risky ones. A master piece of art invoked criticism initially but later on transcend you into deep thought as you decode the encoded importance and language of thoughts it enlightens which are hidden deep in it. Glad to know someone has dared to try something unconventionally unique and different that suits self and not merely for the pleasure of spectators though. Personal belongings are to be an extension of ones personality, preferences and likes and beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and is wrong to be judgemental without knowing the thought and effort for being unique and not part of the herd, that has gone into manifesting it.
Also before the next time anybody compares a Maserati with a Ferrari do check out the global reviews that the plain Granturismo has earned even before the launch of the S MC sports line version. If the plain 4.2 Granturismo could speak so much for its owners, you can imagine what a S would speak how much volumes about its owners. Do check out the following video
It shows the current state of affairs of the Maserati brand standing on a global platform.
Would love to hear from the owner, a detailed review about his hot wheels.

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th July 2009 at 20:06. Reason: Please host images on the Team-BHP server only. See the announcements section for details. Thanks.
Old 20th July 2009, 19:35   #74

Ur the man agent4ferrari. Couldnt put it better my self. As for the car it is gorgeous sounds like a lion on a rampage. Beautiful machine. Class sport power smooth as silk on the regular mode. Howls on the sport mode. Im glad i bought this im thinking in a few months will upgrade it into a 600 hp monster. My next car is surely a ferrari on the lines of a 599. Take care.

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th July 2009 at 20:07. Reason: No need to quote the large post directly above, it makes life harder for our mobile and small screen viewers. Thanks.
Old 20th July 2009, 20:10   #75
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the TBHP supercar club Avneesh .

Most Viewed