Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2009, 11:05   #1
BHPian

Supercar Club of India Launch!!!

Hi all,

Just thought some of you might be interested to know that the Supercar Club of India is going to be launched this Sunday at Mumbai. The club's patron is Gautam Singhania. Sanjay Dutt, Ajay Devgun, Sachin Tendulkar are a few of the stars who are going to be present at the launch.

The launch is in Mahalakshmi this Sunday; so incase you see a few supercars zipping around that area, you know where they're going!!

The website is still under construction, but take a look at it - Supercar Club of India
Old 18th June 2009, 12:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

What is it all about ?
Old 18th June 2009, 12:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

Wow this is news. Now I have something to do on Sunday. And I suppose Manish will make his way here come what may !! Haha
Old 18th June 2009, 14:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

This is interesting. I hope they open up chapters of the club in all the metros and get people involved in showcasing their cars. I hope this endeavour succeeds.
Old 18th June 2009, 14:40   #5
BHPian

The club as such is a National Club. All members will be invited to all the Supercar Road shows in the metros (as of now Mumbai, and upcoming Delhi). There will be get-togethers at specific locations for all members throughout the year. Activities will also be organised relating to the supercars, their owners and other enthusiasts as well. There will be 9 events in a year; 6 in Mumbai, 3 in Delhi.

I just wanted to clarify that Sunday is not a roadshow, but since the launch is in Mahalaksmi, there will obviously be alot of these cars in the area. (Before I get hanged for making you guys think otherwise!)

Last edited by anantnehru : 18th June 2009 at 14:44.
Old 18th June 2009, 14:45   #6
Team-BHP Support

Nice.

Hopefully once a group of individuals like this starts interacting with each other in the context of cars --- a possible future step could be building a track somewhere near bombay!!? (hoping...)

cya
R
Old 18th June 2009, 14:48   #7
BHPian

Well, I dont have any information regarding a track; but shall keep you guys posted if something comes up!
Old 18th June 2009, 15:12   #8
BHPian

Its great to know that there is a launch of super car club.
Yes they should have a plan to build a track. Since sports car owners don't really have a place to pull the max performance out of their vehicles.
Foreign countries for example Italy allow owners of exotics to burn their cars on tracks. Well i was lucky enough to burn my uncle's gallardo on Monza! But offourse you have to pay.
And even in India people would pay alot to enjoy on track,(well they spend crores on car don't they?).
Well let's see if we can ever get to see an F1 track atleast which is in talks for years now.
Anyways guys i hope many of the mumbaities are ready with the camera, they'll need it.
Old 18th June 2009, 18:17   #9
BHPian

Well, the meets have been planned at supercar friendly locations; so they will have a location to test their cars. But a dedicated track, or track where they can drive on does seem like a good idea.
Old 18th June 2009, 20:33   #10
BHPian

Hey great news anantnehru, hope they organize an event in chennai, we have a track here,.The vijay mallays of india have had a blast on the chennai tracks in the past( shipped their cars to chennai)
Old 18th June 2009, 20:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

Great news. Let start with a track day with all cars shipped to Chennai.

I guess you have to have a supercar to be a member.

The problem is, what exactly is a supercar? What about a Boxter or an Elise or S2000 or and S55AMG.

Last edited by Mpower : 18th June 2009 at 23:47.
Old 18th June 2009, 21:50   #12
BHPian

well i guess ecks would surprise them all if he gives an entry in his LP640 and maybe sachin will . . . exit with his 360 modena.
Old 19th June 2009, 11:35   #13
BHPian

mlcarrera: We are exploring options at Sriperumbudur Race Track. Hopefully something should work out in the next few months. The road show however, will be going around the country once the Delhi show is done. The Delhi show is tentatively around end-July. As I said, will definitely keep you guys updated with any new information/event that comes up.

adityabenz: Once stuff for the Delhi show gets finalised, will definitely be getting in touch with ecks and his LP640!

mpower: The criterion to be a member is the car has to be above 400bhp, and has to cost over 1 crore.

EDIT: And yes, you have to own a supercar to be a member; however the website will be accessible to everyone. That should coming up soon after the launch.

Last edited by anantnehru : 19th June 2009 at 11:40.
Old 19th June 2009, 12:17   #14
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a very good initiative by GS. The country really needs an official Supercar Club where members can organise drives around the city or country.

The Club can use the Juhu Aerodome as am "alternate" track in Mumbai. These can be used for Quartermile drags and am sure with the kind of contacts the Club members have, it would not be difficult.
Old 19th June 2009, 12:44   #15
BHPian

I just knew that if I put this up here, I would get some helpful suggestions. Thanks v12, will be passing that on. Autocar/Hormazd Sorabjee is also co-founder, so alot of help can be brought about on that front.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks