Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2009, 18:38   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: jaipur
Posts: 20
Thanked: 3 Times
Default The First BMW X6 to scale the Himalayas !!!

I guess this is the forst Bmw X6 to scale the Himalayas.

From Rajasthan to the Himalayas
Attached Thumbnails
The First BMW X6 to scale the Himalayas !!!-dsc00617.jpg  

The First BMW X6 to scale the Himalayas !!!-dsc00620.jpg  

The First BMW X6 to scale the Himalayas !!!-dsc00622.jpg  

The First BMW X6 to scale the Himalayas !!!-dsc00623.jpg  

The First BMW X6 to scale the Himalayas !!!-dsc00624.jpg  

The First BMW X6 to scale the Himalayas !!!-dsc00646.jpg  

The First BMW X6 to scale the Himalayas !!!-dsc00656.jpg  

Karl Benz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2009, 19:42   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
kbk_75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,231
Thanked: 375 Times
Default

Wow! Nice shots! Good to see the car being taken some place wild!
kbk_75 is offline  
Old 20th June 2009, 20:10   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
Parm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in a Toyota!
Posts: 2,748
Thanked: 793 Times
Default

now thats one real wild owner of the x6 to take his ride to the wildest place, this is one thing i have never seen any where!

even here in dubai, the typical x6 owner will never go off road, let alone scaling the might himalayas!

kudos to the owner again! (same goes for the CRV owner)
Parm is offline  
Old 20th June 2009, 20:19   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
sandeepmdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Varkala
Posts: 1,233
Thanked: 965 Times
Default

Mr.Benz, you (the owner?) will get rave appreciation for this in any 4x4 forum.
As a matter of fact, when i saw the pix, initially i thought it was a prank and someone shot the scenes inside a studio set. Honestly.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 20th June 2009 at 20:22. Reason: readability
sandeepmdas is offline  
Old 20th June 2009, 20:34   #5
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: jaipur
Posts: 20
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

thanks....

wanted to test the off road capabilities of the x6. Took her off road in rajasthan a couple of time, but was not sure how she would perform in the himalayas.

i was infact suprised.......good ground clearence, great power and suspension.

might take her to the ladakh valley soon ( and if i do, im not sure whether bmw germany will sponsor the damages.....if there are any :-) LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Mr.Benz, you (the owner?) will get rave appreciation for this in any 4x4 forum.
As a matter of fact, when i saw the pix, initially i thought it was a prank and someone shot the scenes inside a studio set. Honestly.
Karl Benz is offline  
Old 20th June 2009, 20:43   #6
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 377
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Kudos mate ! Good show. Please do post a detailed driving review of how she handled it. And quick question...is this the diesel or the petrol variant? Number plates on the rear look better, get the same for the front
Ash_vtec is offline  
Old 20th June 2009, 20:51   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,891
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

BMW and Himalayas, it is like two mountains meeting each other
WoW, fantastic achievement.
may be you can post the detailed travellogue foor the sake of common mortals like me

congratulations once again
StarVegabond is offline  
Old 20th June 2009, 20:56   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
AbhiJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,421
Thanked: 843 Times
Default

Congratulations...

I am pretty surprised that the CRV made it though!
AbhiJ is online now  
Old 20th June 2009, 21:05   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
Dippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 7,383
Thanked: 738 Times
Default

Nice to see you taking you X6 on adventures where very few owners dare to take them. Great pictures too. Have any more? It would really if you started a thread on your X6 ownership experience.
Dippy is offline  
Old 20th June 2009, 21:10   #10
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,019
Thanked: 199 Times
Default

I hope that is a Diesel...As I know for a fact how expensive Driving the Petrol is!!
Cyrus43 is offline  
Old 20th June 2009, 21:16   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
14000rpm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Helsinki
Posts: 1,980
Thanked: 1,184 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
Kudos mate ! Good show. Please do post a detailed driving review of how she handled it. And quick question...is this the diesel or the petrol variant? Number plates on the rear look better, get the same for the front
The X6 doesn't have a diesel variant.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Congratulations...

I am pretty surprised that the CRV made it though!
The CRV is pretty capable.I'm not surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Benz View Post
I guess this is the forst Bmw X6 to scale the Himalayas.

From Rajasthan to the Himalayas
Kudos my friend. Nice drive it must've been.
14000rpm is offline  
Old 20th June 2009, 21:21   #12
BHPian
 
hemanthisgreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 593
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Great that you have dared to take this machine there. Hats off to you, but you should have added 'maybe' to the title. Do you know for sure that this one is the first. Maybe there were others before this one.
hemanthisgreat is offline  
Old 20th June 2009, 21:23   #13
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: jaipur
Posts: 20
Thanked: 3 Times
Default its diesel

the x6 does have a diesel varient

mine is a 35 d (TWIN TURBO)





Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Benz View Post
I guess this is the forst Bmw X6 to scale the Himalayas.

From Rajasthan to the Himalayas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Nice to see you taking you X6 on adventures where very few owners dare to take them. Great pictures too. Have any more? It would really if you started a thread on your X6 ownership experience.
Karl Benz is offline  
Old 20th June 2009, 21:28   #14
BHPian
 
Bhargava_sr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: HOSUR
Posts: 317
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Great Adventure, Wild Vehicle to Wild Place ....
Some more pics of the beauty
Bhargava_sr is offline  
Old 20th June 2009, 21:40   #15
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: jaipur
Posts: 20
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

this is the first for sure.

there are just a handful in India...........and none have gone beyong a country side road. IM SURE ABOUT THI



Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Great that you have dared to take this machine there. Hats off to you, but you should have added 'maybe' to the title. Do you know for sure that this one is the first. Maybe there were others before this one.
Karl Benz is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks