Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2009, 09:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

Yes , I have been receiving emails from importers for the same . For all we know , the "known importer" may very well be the "official ferrari dealer" in India *rolls eyes* .
Old 27th July 2009, 09:54   #17
superveloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Yes , I have been receiving emails from importers for the same . For all we know , the "known importer" may very well be the "official ferrari dealer" in India *rolls eyes* .
woah! now thats an inside scoop.

hey ecks does the ssc interest you at all? i mean you would never be able to push it to its full potential in india even if you rent an air-strip, and does it justify the cost which is around 8 crore?

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st August 2009 at 22:03. Reason: Post edited. Please make sure you type in full words and not SMS language like "dats" etc. Thanks.

Old 27th July 2009, 10:00   #18
BHPian

A Ferrari official did visit the Porsche Centre Mumbai sometime ago and chatted with a colleague, while i was out.
When i checked with my colleague he said the Ferrari guy was here to get information from us to get the kind of numbers we do here and it was like a survey he was on.
This was a few months ago.
Looks like there is some R&D going on for sure.
Old 30th July 2009, 22:09   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
does it justify the cost which is around 8 crore?
Its approximately 5.5 in RHD + customisation options and is the current Guinness World Record Holder. A Veyron would be at least 20 ($1.7Million+freight+duty+taxes misc etc) and still not the worlds fastest car currently. Also no RHD possible I think.
Old 31st July 2009, 05:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

I think ekcs you should give them a call and say you're still interested. I am sure they would "accommodate" you.
Old 6th September 2010, 21:24   #21

I remember co-coincidently I was at that showroom around the same time with a friend who was keen to purchase a dark grey Carrera. The person from Ferrari was named Paul White and the person from National Garage was with him who was the importer for them. So my friend overheard and spoke to this person and exchanged cards. My friend is now awaiting his 458 italia which he has booked with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
A Ferrari official did visit the Porsche Centre Mumbai sometime ago and chatted with a colleague, while i was out.
When i checked with my colleague he said the Ferrari guy was here to get information from us to get the kind of numbers we do here and it was like a survey he was on.
This was a few months ago.
Looks like there is some R&D going on for sure.
Old 7th September 2010, 01:46   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG ML65 View Post
My friend is now awaiting his 458 italia which he has booked with them.
What colour is the 458 going to be wearing my friend. I know of one car which is going to be here soon with someone i know and probably it could be the same person ur talking off (no names but initials will do). I somehow doubt it being the same person as he wont go to a showroom, but you never know. If its another then there is a years wait at the minimum for a car. Ferrari also plans to hence forth deliver cars for India when they start shop.
Old 30th September 2010, 01:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

I suppose they will open a dealership within the next few months and below is the official confirmation from Ferrari.com

Countdown for Ferrari in India. Montezemolo left for the Indian subcontinent this morning

Wierd if Mr. Montezemolo was in India around 15th September or so, how come no media, news etc really reported it? Anyone can share more info? And would TATA motors take care of it? I think they have done a wonderful job with JLR, so I do suppose they are the best choice for Ferrari?

Last edited by S350L-E240 : 30th September 2010 at 01:10.
Old 30th September 2010, 20:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Finally an official confirmation I guess this should now move into Indian Car Scene?

Ferrari to launch in January 2011.

If it is really Jan 2011 does anyone know of any showroom activity going on? I believe if they launch in Jan then they surely have work going on to be ready in time for launch?

Regards,

Last edited by S350L-E240 : 30th September 2010 at 20:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks