Team-BHP - Ferrari & Maserati Entering in Indian Market !!!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Ferrari & Maserati Entering in Indian Market !!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/62347-ferrari-maserati-entering-indian-market.html)

Italian auto maker Fiat and India’s Tata Motors are in talks for a joint marketing project to bring some new luxury brands to the Indian market.
The companies have plans to sell Ferraris and Maseratis in India, sources say. Fiat is planning to bring both its Ferrari and Maserati brands to India. Tata Motors entered the luxury car business by acquiring the Jaguar and Land Rover and has just launched the brands in India.
The companies have various projects, to share platforms for new cars, projects for (Fiat lorry unit) Iveco and marketing Ferraris and Maseratis. The two companies already have an existing joint-venture to produce engines in India. Fiat and Tata Motors are building cars, engines and gearboxes together in India. Tata Motors is Fiat’s distributor in India. The two companies could expand their partnership and import the Ferrari and Maserati cars for sale in the Indian market.
Fiat is also in talks with Tata to take the Nano small car to Latin America together. Tata Motors has plans to launch its Nano in the international markets in the coming years.

well there has been some talk about ferrari and maserati coming into india via the tata partnership. they still dont have a timeline as to when this is going to materialize. some bhpians must be very keen to add some f cars to their collection.
am sure though that after jlr the first ferrari-maserati showroom might come in mumbai too. they happen to have a huge showroom vacant right next to one of jlr in worli.

Really old news . But for fact's sake , F enters India officially in 2010 and will sell cars along side Tata cars initially . Another bomb is that Aston Martin is coming next year as well (I had applied for a dealership 3 years ago and they replied last month saying that they wish to enter India and were looking for dealerships) .

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecksreturns (Post 1400790)
Another bomb is that Aston Martin is coming next year as well (I had applied for a dealership 3 years ago and they replied last month saying that they wish to enter India and were looking for dealerships) .

so are you going to take the dealership? was their reply positive towards your request?
and hope you have seen the AMV12(vantage).. i happen to see that car's review on fifth gear and tiff needell thought it was absolutely stunning in every way.
i remember you mentioning once that you would want to own an aston in the future.

Yes , their reply was positive and they wanted me to give them a few details about my self and fill some applications , may be because I was one of the few people who applied for it when they had no intention of coming to India . Unfortunately , I had passed the dead line for sending the required documents , so I did not reply . And yes , I am actively considering the AM V12 Vantage as my next car in 2010 , if and only Aston Martin comes to India by then , officially .

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecksreturns (Post 1401367)
Yes , their reply was positive and they wanted me to give them a few details about my self and fill some applications , may be because I was one of the few people who applied for it when they had no intention of coming to India . Unfortunately , I had passed the dead line for sending the required documents , so I did not reply . And yes , I am actively considering the AM V12 Vantage as my next car in 2010 , if and only Aston Martin comes to India by then , officially .

congrats on the news from AM. I hope you get to have the dealership. A true blue car fanatic and a team bhpian at that. Perfect spices. Dude, do the magic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecksreturns (Post 1401367)
And yes , I am actively considering the AM V12 Vantage as my next car in 2010 , if and only Aston Martin comes to India by then , officially .

thats splendid news. aston martins are few and far. an aston reflects the owner's exquisite taste. an aston would be a perfect fit in your impressive garage.
oh and why dont you consider the DBS? all astons are beautiful but imho the DBS pips the AMV12 on looks. is the DBS impractical for Indian conditions?

I love the DB9. I feel it is one of the best looking cars around. There is some raw domination about it.
As far as getting the Fs and Maseratis to India goes, the only thing suited is going to be acquiring them easily. The prices are still going to be way higher than America, much like the Mercs and BMs (converted value).

Tata & Fiat are on a real roll now, aren't they, or is it that ones trying to outdo the other with their own portfolio of luxo brands?! Does anyone remember the last time that Ferrari had entered India?

Was that launch even real ? I still do not understand .

This is really great news for Indian Automobile scene.Italians through Fiat have a fond connection to India afterall.

Wow this is really awesome news. Finally a supercar dealership coming to India pretty soon

India is not less than any country and we have money and so we deserve better cars.
We already have porsche and audi , its no big deal we will soon see bugati dealerships.

Quote:

Originally Posted by varun911 (Post 1402654)
Wow this is really awesome news. Finally a supercar dealership coming to India pretty soon

So Lamborghini/Audi/Porsche dealerships are not a super car dealerships?

sorry but this is :OT. does any one know that the ssc ultimate aero tt is soon going to be here in india. i have heard from a very reliable source that a known importer here in mumbai has successfully acquired dealership rights. the first ones to show interest in the hypercar were the poonawallas. anyone have any info in that regard? if this works out, then there will be an alternative to the bugatti.