Team-BHP - Scenic Location in and around Mumbai for SuperCar Photo shoot
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Scenic Location in and around Mumbai for SuperCar Photo shoot (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/63501-scenic-location-around-mumbai-supercar-photo-shoot.html)

hey guys..
I was looking out for suggestions on where to go for a photo shoot of some stunner cars which include:
1) 2005 BMW 325ci with M3 kit (convertible)
2) Mercedes Benz C63 AMG
3) 2004 BMW 645i (convertible) and
4) Porsche Boxster S

The thing is that all of us friends want to go on a short road trip and I was thinking maybe if I can get a few awesome photos then it will be great.
I was looking out for somewhere near Mumbai.(within 300km one way). and the roads must obviously be very good considering that we want to rip it.

Also, could you guys list any good places in Mumbai itself too ?

Amby valley and Lavasa are the ones which come to my mind. Do post the pics of the shoot here.

+1 for Lavasa. Quite a few Auto mags also carry out their shoots there

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavy_foot (Post 1430628)
Amby valley and Lavasa are the ones which come to my mind. Do post the pics of the shoot here.

Will definitely post pictures. I'm doing a shoot of just my car(the 325ci) around South Mumbai this Saturday itself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil_e46 (Post 1430775)
Will definitely post pictures. I'm doing a shoot of just my car(the 325ci) around South Mumbai this Saturday itself.

Just curious, is this the silver one? Also which C63 is coming along, the white or the golden? Thanks

For a solo shoot for your car i would suggest you take it outside the gates of Samudramahal (haji ali). There is a section used by the fisherman and the car fits in there. The backdrop is of the Darga. The H1 was shot there when it had come here.

The best bet is Amby for a shoot. The roads are good and one hell of a roller coaster ride. I enjoyed the roads in the ML so in these beauties you shall have a blast. The other place is Koni village (Summer Hills) again in Lonavala more towards Suniel Shetty's house. Three sides cliff and the car in the centre. Roads are a little bad but if a CLS can go so can you.

Amby valley and Lavasa are indeed the best places to shoot.
If you're looking for a location in Mumbai itself, i'd suggest the Bandra recl. sea-face. It gives an amazing view of the city.
Just curious to know, do you also own one of those supercars?

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 1431070)
Just curious, is this the silver one? Also which C63 is coming along, the white or the golden? Thanks

For a solo shoot for your car i would suggest you take it outside the gates of Samudramahal (haji ali). There is a section used by the fisherman and the car fits in there. The backdrop is of the Darga. The H1 was shot there when it had come here.

The best bet is Amby for a shoot. The roads are good and one hell of a roller coaster ride. I enjoyed the roads in the ML so in these beauties you shall have a blast. The other place is Koni village (Summer Hills) again in Lonavala more towards Suniel Shetty's house. Three sides cliff and the car in the centre. Roads are a little bad but if a CLS can go so can you.

the 325ci is silver, c63 white, 645 is a dark blue and the boxster is yellow.Sorry I don't know the actual company given names of these colours :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by theragingbull (Post 1431082)
Amby valley and Lavasa are indeed the best places to shoot.
If you're looking for a location in Mumbai itself, i'd suggest the Bandra recl. sea-face. It gives an amazing view of the city.
Just curious to know, do you also own one of those supercars?

Yes il definitely take it to Bandra. I thinking of Gateway of India so I can get the historic Taj and its arches which makes for a good background.

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil_e46 (Post 1431330)
the 325ci is silver, c63 white, 645 is a dark blue and the boxster is yellow.Sorry I don't know the actual company given names of these colours :(

Dont sweat over the company names for the colours. Just asked as i was offered a silver 325ci with the M Kit recently and wanted to know if it is the same car. M.M. will be joining in i see with the C63.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 1431711)
Dont sweat over the company names for the colours. Just asked as i was offered a silver 325ci with the M Kit recently and wanted to know if it is the same car. M.M. will be joining in i see with the C63.

Yes i think it is the same car. With a dark blue top right ? What :Shockked:did you think of it ? I drove that very car today morning, went on a long drive from malabar hill to bandra and then to marine drive and ended at the nsci club at worli. Sorry dont know about a certain M.M but the initials of the person bringing the C63 are S.B

Would you mind sharing some pictures with us?

Aamby is a fantastic drive (you have to take the old highway - one-way ghat up as opposed to the expressway). The amby road isnt in PERFECT condition anymore, i was just there yesterday, but its still nothing i would complain about - only a few rough patches and some gravel, no potholes etc.

Expect scenery like this (taken 1/2km off the main aamby road) :
Scenic Location in and around Mumbai for SuperCar Photo shoot-img_1277.jpg

However, if your purpose of going is for a "photoshoot", aamby road might not be the best place since its usually covered in dense fog/overcast skies - which isnt great for photography, and add to that - its VERY crowded on sundays/weekends + not a lot of stopping area on the road.

Lavasa might be a good idea - it seems to have a fun drive there and since apparently you can just drive into the city, there might be some interesting photo-opps.
(I've never been)

Some pics of the road :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ve-lavasa.html

Some pics of inside lavasa :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ng-lavasa.html

cya
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by theragingbull (Post 1432542)
Would you mind sharing some pictures with us?

yeah im doing an only South Mumbai shoot tomorrow so by Sunday you ll be able to find a thread with some pictures.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 1432561)
Aamby is a fantastic drive (you have to take the old highway - one-way ghat up as opposed to the expressway). The amby road isnt in PERFECT condition anymore, i was just there yesterday, but its still nothing i would complain about - only a few rough patches and some gravel, no potholes etc.

Expect scenery like this (taken 1/2km off the main aamby road) :
Attachment 174493

However, if your purpose of going is for a "photoshoot", aamby road might not be the best place since its usually covered in dense fog/overcast skies - which isnt great for photography, and add to that - its VERY crowded on sundays/weekends + not a lot of stopping area on the road.

Lavasa might be a good idea - it seems to have a fun drive there and since apparently you can just drive into the city, there might be some interesting photo-opps.
(I've never been)

Some pics of the road :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ve-lavasa.html

Some pics of inside lavasa :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ng-lavasa.html

cya
R

thanks a lot Rehaan. this is really good useful information. :) From all of it I am almost decided that its going to be Lavasa. Going to contact Ekaant and Fortune Hotel for bookings for next weekend. This maybe 'off topic' but any suggestions to which hotel is better ?

Heres a preview of the photo shoot that im gonna do tomorrow. I had taken this photo a week or so ago when I was at Taj for breakfast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil_e46 (Post 1431943)
Yes i think it is the same car. With a dark blue top right ? What :Shockked:did you think of it ? I drove that very car today morning, went on a long drive from malabar hill to bandra and then to marine drive and ended at the nsci club at worli. Sorry dont know about a certain M.M but the initials of the person bringing the C63 are S.B

Yes its the same car. I did not fancy it much as the price quoted was high and the car needed work. I hope you have got the brakes checked and the hood fixed. The car at high speeds would pull to the left and on hard brakeing pull hard to the left again. The hood needed stitching on the rear right side and the ashtray case in the rear (between the seats) needed replacement. The rear suspension was also making noise. The other stuff was normal stuff that would have to be done for an old car.

If the car is 0808 registered then it belongs to M.M. Does S.B. stay on altamount road? i know a person with the same initials and has a M5.

Here s some of the photos taken in Mumbai of the 325ci

Check the thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ot-more-d.html