Team-BHP - My VW Golf from Deutschland
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   My VW Golf from Deutschland (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/63577-my-vw-golf-deutschland.html)

Its time i thought i brought out my 1981 Volkswagen Golf 1.8 Litre Diesel beauty out of restoration and the monsoon of the best time to unveil it.
Though I had purchased it an year back,it was lying with my mechanic for sometime due to unavailability of parts and other restoration and finally paint job.
My Mechanic did some innovations like putting a functional Air scoop and a roof top Antenna for the Alpine Radio.The Aircon is working quite to the satisfaction,but the amazing piece of work is the heating system,which heats the seats too and makes the cabin like a oven with in seconds.
Quite good enought to bake a Strudle :-)
Its a beautiful 1.8 Litre Diesel Engine of yesteryear era with DOHC and beautiful rear wheel drive.
Voila after the restoration,the beauty is ready for a drive.

Ohh Nice. But please please please Change those Wheel caps.

Nice car, looks somewhat similar to fiat uno. Can we have interior pics???

Hey nice car.

Seem like you're really into yellow coloured cars.

By the way, I think you should've started this thread in the Vintage and Classics section.

Looks great..

Please add the interior & under the hood pictures :D

By the way...
for how much you brought it ?
Whats the cost of restoration?
How its performing now?
Was it re registered after 15 yrs ?:)

nice! is that an aftermarket body kit? the front bumper looks a little too big.

The performence is amazing for this German beauty.It belts out 111 BHP for a 1.8 Diesel Engine and give great drive.
I cant put the prices here..sorry.Restoration was difficult and time taking.

Are those indicator light orange cover on the front bumper and on the sides taken from the esteem?? If i remember the old esteem (1000) had the same thing.

IMHO, please go back to stock front bumper & get rid of the flared wheel arch & skirting. That is spoiling the look of this beautiful car.

Remove the VW sign & the scoop from the bonnet, get some nice alloys & THEN my friend you will be good to go.

I just found the "mods" over the top.

Enjoy your ride !! Is this a Gurgaon car ?

Cheers

All the body skirting and bumpers are stock.
Not sure is its Gurgaon..i guess its Haryana

Please get rid of those wheel caps. Some butch alloys should compensate for those flared wheel arcs. Else looks good.

Can we please have some interior pics?

Congrats Hillram..looks good, I think your ride needs wider footwear.

Thanks for all your suggestions.Im definitly planning to upgrade the footwear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillram (Post 1432379)

nice
from the reg no it seems its from my hometown ambala

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillram (Post 1432379)

In which case the wheels & tyres are the culprit :), changing those to a more appropriate size should help big time.

Cheers