Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2009, 00:41   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Damn, either the owner is BSing or Ecks just lost the fastest m3 in India title
Ecks denies that.
As per him,Hamann doesnt have superchargers for sale.I guess,now the fastest M3 has become a contentious issue.

PS:Whoa!Atleast Ecks is faster than me in giving a reply to Sahil !!

Last edited by ultimatechamp : 25th August 2009 at 00:43.
Old 25th August 2009, 00:53   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_e46 View Post
By the way guys I forgot to mention certain specs of the E92:
Its not a regular stock M3.. its a csl super light with a carbon fiber roof..
and thats not all.. !
CSL Superlight - Isnt it supposed to be launched in 2010?. CSL are supposed to come without an AirCon.Wouldnt be 'cool' to drive an M3 in Mumbai without AC.

BTW, All M3 (E92) comes with a carbon fiber roof.Its not an extra feature.
Old 25th August 2009, 02:22   #48
Senior - BHPian

Now I'm not saying that anybody is exaggerating, lying or anything like that, but, as others have pointed out before me, the CFRP roof is a standard item on the E92 M3. There's nothing CSL about that car, because there IS NO CSL E92. So that much is pure nonsense.

Whether or not that car's supercharged, I don't know. Get some pics of the engine bay the next time someone talks about their engine mods, it's always nice to see! As for the 3.3 second 0-100 Km/h, I'll call his bluff on that one...I say that's highly unlikely.
Old 25th August 2009, 10:47   #49
BHPian

One thing I don't quite understand is that when someone says "I own a BMW M3", is a big statement already. So why woud you bother to make up more BS to show off? It doesn't quite make sense. Maybe it's just the mentality that some people have. They think they'll just claim something and get away with it.
Old 25th August 2009, 11:26   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_e46 View Post
By the way guys I forgot to mention certain specs of the E92:
Its not a regular stock M3.. its a csl super light with a carbon fiber roof..
and thats not all.. the bhp has been increased to 550bhp with a hamann supercharger..its got 670Nm of torque and does 0-100km in 3.3 seconds! That beats ferraris and lambos! ..and still it looks like one ordinary bimmer..goes unnoticed on the streets by the non auto fanatics.. what an irony!
The Car Evil_e46 is stock as ever. It has the standard CFRP (hope i got it right) roof that even Ecks or Kbk have on their car. The CSL roof is due next year i think. As for the car being super charged, that is not true. It runs on the stock chip of 400 odd horses. The exhaust also is the stock one. I know this as the car stands in my neighbouring building. If i am not wrong the owner is also a member of the forum. I would love to see it beat the Lambo's n the Ferrari's and do the 3 secs claimed to 100 brother. Lets hope it even turns up at the Drags. Trust me a M3 does not go unnoticed even by non auto fanatics.

Last edited by speedy : 25th August 2009 at 11:28.
Old 25th August 2009, 11:34   #51
BHPian

hey guys.. I myself dont know much or as much about cars as you all.. Im here to learn.. So I blindly believed what the m3 guy told me and thought id share it with you all.. I am going for another spin with him this saturday night so id like to know what i can ask him to show me to prove what he s saying like the car being a csl and the supercharger and all.. So if anyone has any questions that you would like to ask him let me know..
Old 25th August 2009, 12:05   #52
Senior - BHPian

A hamman supercharger ? really ? i would like to see it .
does hamman even have a supercharger for M3 . i doubt .
he might have some other supercharger if there is any at all . and carbon fibre roof , is standard i suppose .
Old 25th August 2009, 13:32   #53
Senior - BHPian

Hamman does not use forced induction at all .
why does someone need to brad unnecessarily when he already owns an M3 ?
Old 29th August 2009, 23:20   #54
BHPian

Met the M3 guy.. said he had a supercharger..Its called G Force or something thats made by Hamann..and i dont know about 3.3 secs but his car does 0-100kmph in less than 4 secs for sure.. i kinda timed it.. Will get details of all the mods performed by him in sometime..

In the meantime..lets talk about the difference in looks of the E46 and E92..Which one do you prefer? Which one turns heads more? (NOT taking into consideration the Engine and BHP and Performance Factors..because in that case the E92 wins hands down)
Attached Thumbnails
Great looking BMWs: 325ci with M sport body kit and a lot more ! :D-m3.jpg  

Great looking BMWs: 325ci with M sport body kit and a lot more ! :D-e46.jpg  

Old 29th August 2009, 23:25   #55
Senior - BHPian

Wow , so the first M3 in the WORLD to have a 'prototype' SC by 'Hamann' . Good for him.
Also , those puny OEM tires and DCT (assuming he has DCT) can't handle the torque needed for 3.3 or even under 4 seconds acceleration to 100km.
Surprised that a guy who has a fantastic prev gen M3 like you believed this gentleman's hogwash.

Looks wise , the E46 does look dated now.

Last edited by ecksreturns : 29th August 2009 at 23:27.
Old 29th August 2009, 23:53   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
The Car Evil_e46 is stock as ever. It has the standard CFRP (hope i got it right) roof that even Ecks or Kbk have on their car. The CSL roof is due next year i think. As for the car being super charged, that is not true. It runs on the stock chip of 400 odd horses. The exhaust also is the stock one. I know this as the car stands in my neighbouring building. If i am not wrong the owner is also a member of the forum. I would love to see it beat the Lambo's n the Ferrari's and do the 3 secs claimed to 100 brother. Lets hope it even turns up at the Drags. Trust me a M3 does not go unnoticed even by non auto fanatics.
he told a few of my friends too it was a csl. i laughed it off. then he told them its supercharged and has hamann exhausts. the only part i believe is the hamann exhausts. this guy has an lhd mustang too?
Old 30th August 2009, 00:10   #57
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I'd say the e46 looks more of a head turner than the e92, but only in the coupe avtaar. Don't know why, but, just does it.
Old 30th August 2009, 00:24   #58
BHPian

i think the e46 m3 was the best car made by bmw till date.its just a perfect combination of power and performance.
@evil_e46:love ur car mate!take care of it! is this a '06 production?
Old 30th August 2009, 00:37   #59
Senior - BHPian

So the legendary E30 and E36 were not 'perfect' ? LOL!
I respect your opinion man,but don't marginalize the legends.

Last edited by ecksreturns : 30th August 2009 at 00:40.
Old 30th August 2009, 10:22   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Wow , so the first M3 in the WORLD to have a 'prototype' SC by 'Hamann' . Good for him.
Also , those puny OEM tires and DCT (assuming he has DCT) can't handle the torque needed for 3.3 or even under 4 seconds acceleration to 100km.
Surprised that a guy who has a fantastic prev gen M3 like you believed this gentleman's hogwash.

Looks wise , the E46 does look dated now.
The E46 is a 325ci with the M3 kit and not a M3 Ecksreturns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
he told a few of my friends too it was a csl. i laughed it off. then he told them its supercharged and has hamann exhausts. the only part i believe is the hamann exhausts. this guy has an lhd mustang too?
I know Akshay, i am laughing too. His father would never let him. He drives the car in the M mode most of the time. So the deep exhaust notes that would convince a novice that it has been changed or modified. He is a member of our forum too. Think his ID is Mustangman not sure. I saw his mustang at the club daybefore.

Evil_46 i was expecting your msg if you were stepping out. Would have brought the 635csi with me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks