Team-BHP - Mercedes CLS500 in Bangalore!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Mercedes CLS500 in Bangalore! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/6386-mercedes-cls500-bangalore.html)

I was on the way back from Nandi Hills yesterday and I was just zapped to see a Mercedes Benz CLS500 that was going in the opposite direction. I am not sure about the model though, since I was doing around a 100 and he was also at around the same speed, only it was in the other direction.

After I got back home, searched the Merc site for something similar and the CLS500 was the nearest I could find looks-wise. Here's a link to that page: The CLS500 2006 Edition

Any of you guys here have seen this car? It had a KA 01 registration, so I'm sure it is from Bangalore.

what colour was it?. if it was golden its an ap registration (temp reg) and yes is doing the rounds in bangalore. We did see him on the way to nandi hills too, as we were on our way to the itc four lane for the drag.

It was a silver colored beauty. I rechecked the website and I am almost 100% sure it is a CLS500 based on how it looked like. Even my wife agrees that this was what we saw.

And the ITC four lane was exactly where I saw it. I had a good long look at it, since that road is quite straight and I could see the car coming from a long way off.

Off topic: Hey Dom, are these drags open to the (interested) public, atleast as spectators?

Quote:

Off topic: Hey Dom, are these drags open to the (interested) public, atleast as spectators?
sure you guys can come.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Domnic
sure you guys can come.

:D Music to my ears!

If you could put up a post on Shifting Gears when it next happens, that would be grrreat!

Thanks!

also heard that a maybach has been booked for bangalore...arriving shortly

agree: Maybach comin to a place called 'Sadashivnagar' in Bangalore. Meanwhile CLS is alos owned by a person in Bannerghatta road...wonder if its the same car.

the cls is a 350 NOT a 500....owned by an elderly gentleman of 70 who also oqns a few other mercedes cars

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceman91
the cls is a 350 NOT a 500....owned by an elderly gentleman of 70 who also oqns a few other mercedes cars

Could be, could be. I googled for CLS 350 and first hit is this page. Hmmm, they look extremely similar. Wonder why the Benz site doesn't list the CLS350 model?

I did see an elderly couple in the back seat of the car, so what you are saying gels with what I saw. So I wasn't dreaming.

The 350 and 500 dont look similar, infact they are identical, except for the fact that standard wheels on the 350 are 17'' 5-twin spoke and on the 500 they are 5 spoke 18''s. The 350 is not available in the US, probably thats why you couldnt find it on the site. Check Europe and Asia-specific websites.

i was at kolkata airport and i saw a cool red car coming then i noticed it was the CLS and realized its the same car which was there on d desktop of my comp...i was shocked to see that car for the 1st time in india and that too in kolkata coz with so much traffic i dint expect to see it there

I spotted the CLS in chennai too...

Sales must be quite good for a start!

HOTT!!! Thats the word I'll use to describe the CLS.
The 4 door coupe design....chop top??? MY god! Makes It look like a sports-luxury-car. The on I saw was silver.
Dual exhaust, and very stylish.
Ripped past me,could'nt get pictures. Saw it on Cunningham road and at a construction site off Cunningham road.
Brilliant that car!!!:p

Ya boy i saw the same one too..! Was about 7 something in the evening. Took a left on state bank road. Looks niceeeeeee