Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2009, 13:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireblader85 View Post
From what I have heard, the support is not only for the Brabus Cars but for all other Mercedes cars as well with proper spares and technical support. So I think this is really good news for the Indian car enthusiast.
I do not think Brabus should make it a service center for all mercedes cars. Brabus as of today has no complete Brabus car here in India to service and i guess to break even they would have to service the normal cars as well. As a Mercedes car owner i would send my car to Mercedes official workshop and not to Brabus to service. Reason being i risk my Warrenty being cancelled (if the car is still under warrenty) and also the cost of service at both places would be around the same, unless i have my car modded in anyway by Brabus i would not send it there.
Old 8th September 2009, 13:57   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post

HK - Man this market is MB crazy short of having it as a diety. No exclusive Brabus shop or car available unless you import privately
I think you might be wrong, not sure though! Because I remember seeing a Brabus showroom some where in Hong Kong, but don't quite remember, but I could be mistaken. Though I have definetely seen quite a few Brabus cars around.
Old 8th September 2009, 14:04   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
You forget Lorinser, which has been in India for more than a year. I had met a guy in Mt Abu (actually an Ahmedabad based businessman) who had come with his Lorinser equipped E-class. The car had a body kit to die for, and a superb Stage 1 performance kit. Awesome!!!
Was it this one, posted in one of the threads?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...r-e-class.html
Old 8th September 2009, 18:43   #19
BHPian

sweet reliable performance now available some nice video's below

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/156458/v12_brabus/">V12 Brabus</a> - <a href="http://www.metacafe.com/">Funny home videos are a click away</a></font>
Old 8th September 2009, 18:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
Was it this one, posted in one of the threads?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...r-e-class.html
I doubt it. The car I saw had more stylish alloys, and the emblem on the front grille was not silver. Besides, it had a killer rear skirt-exhaust pipe setup, which I cant make out in the pictured car.

And above all, I dont think the Narangs would have put up in the kind of hotel minnows like us can afford in Mt Abu!
Old 8th September 2009, 20:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
According to me Bangalore is the right place for Brabus to start with. There is a track and the highest population of Modded imports.
BLR has a track? dude, you're confused with chennai about that info. the 2nd bit of info is bang on.
Old 8th September 2009, 20:54   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
And above all, I dont think the Narangs would have put up in the kind of hotel minnows like us can afford in Mt Abu!
What you saw was not the Narang black E class. What colour was the car. I have seen a Black (not narang) and Maroon lorinser E classes too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
BLR has a track? dude, you're confused with chennai about that info. the 2nd bit of info is bang on.
Sorry meant near by. The cars can be taken down to chennai to be driven at the track. In Bangalore you do have the drag races and places to test the car to its limit. The roads are also suited for Powerfull cars.
Old 9th September 2009, 18:17   #23
BHPian

My question is how many Indians would pay 2 lakhs+ for a set of wheels or over a few lakhs for a body kit? Prices may be more, this is just my guess.

Last edited by spawnofsatan : 9th September 2009 at 18:25.
Old 9th September 2009, 18:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
My question is how many Indians would pay 2 lakhs+ for a set of wheels or over a few lakhs for a body kit? Prices may be more, this is just my guess.
I'm sure there is a market for products such as these. And even if there isn't a market can be created. The company needs to be able to position and promote products like this in a certain way and know who their target customers are. If Audi can sell a rim upgrade with their Q7 for about the same amount of money, I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't mind getting something from Brabus.
Old 9th September 2009, 19:02   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

On a funny note, Bangalore is (in)famous for its deadly speedbreakers and that should also invite those monster trucks to set up their shop here!
Who knows, we will be driving one to work some day!
Old 9th September 2009, 23:52   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
I know of certain people who have imported wheels for Rs 6 lakhs and have not liked the ride it provided and have just kept them in the garage and ordered new ones. There are few people who would spend the money for wheels and kits but this is the target client of Brabus. I was ready to pay 5 lakhs for the lorinser kit for my car but i did not like the design they had. I am also going to get the Brabus performance kits for both my cars and that would come to approx 6 odd lakhs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
I'm sure there is a market for products such as these. And even if there isn't a market can be created. The company needs to be able to position and promote products like this in a certain way and know who their target customers are. If Audi can sell a rim upgrade with their Q7 for about the same amount of money, I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't mind getting something from Brabus.
with you completely. The car manufactures are ripping theclient off by chargeing absurd amounts as people do pay. I am sure a person spending a small fortune on the company allows would pay for branded official performance wheels.
Old 10th September 2009, 12:11   #27
Senior - BHPian

This is India we are ingenious in finding substitutes! All these kits are available in replica and Bangkok, Thailand and Korea are the birth place for the same so anyone on a budget can get the same for drastically less.

And before I get bricks bats from some folks/purists let me clarify these replica's are as good if not better in the final calculation on price, quality, and performance. Infact in the US many dealers don't support brabus becasue their wheels are heavier!! I checked this with Tirerack and others wholesalers/distributors. Also wheels are very standardised these days and only design sets one part from the other unless you go magnesium alloy, component, mulit piece stuff really really never practical in India as I don't see even my grandchildren ever buying them Even in the US/Europe some people stopped using mag's

I agree one can't buy replica engine, suspension and other critical components in replica but that anyway is a small volume game the real money and volume is in wheels and bodykit which are mass appeal.

Did you know that but for a few handful (only Narang's car) orignal lorinsers in India the rest are replica's !! Cannot reveal anymore but trust me most e class lorinzer fender etc are all localy replicated mould and die's And they have been done very very well at fraction of the cost. Speedy let me know if you are interested and I hope you don't take offense. For me it is no difference who makes it as long as it looks good asthetically. Better yet I would prefer to comission a one of kit if I want that upliftment etc as Vir Sanghvi puts its in India we have the luxury of making things custom made at a reasonable cost with very very high quality. I for one donot belive in paying crazy duties just for the brand name

Last edited by canonball : 10th September 2009 at 12:26.
Old 10th September 2009, 12:40   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I agree one can't buy replica engine, suspension and other critical components in replica but that anyway is a small volume game the real money and volume is in wheels and bodykit which are mass appeal.
I agree the volume is in making the car look good with wheels and the kits. Engines are not going to be brought only Ecu chips and other components like brakes suspension and other things.

Quote:
Did you know that but for a few handful (only Narang's car) orignal lorinsers in India the rest are replica's !! Cannot reveal anymore but trust me most e class lorinzer fender etc are all localy replicated mould and die's And they have been done very very well at fraction of the cost. Speedy let me know if you are interested and I hope you don't take offense. For me it is no difference who makes it as long as it looks good asthetically. Better yet I would prefer to comission a one of kit if I want that upliftment etc as Vir Sanghvi puts its in India we have the luxury of making things custom made at a reasonable cost with very very high quality. I for one donot belive in paying crazy duties just for the brand name
Yes i am aware of only a handfull of cars are true lorinsers. The rest are from Bangkok and some locally made in Bombay itself. I know the person very well too. He is like my older brother. Me and take offence bro, never. The first place i went with a picture of a kit i really liked was to him and he adviced not to do it as it would make the car too low and stick with performance parts rather than cosmetical parts. I agree about the crazy duties that would be involved especially for mass production parts, if it was a one off you could get it down as personal goods. Some components would have to be brought from the brand and so the duty would be justified. The prices that i have got from them in the past was not on top of the roof for an enthusiast. Yes if you compare it with an opera house shop you would find it to be the moon. I am conservative with my money and would reaserch and see i get the best deal, so if i found it feasable then it would be.
Old 28th September 2009, 00:39   #29
BHPian

Read about the launch of the new E class in another thread and couldn't help but see what the best tuner has done, I think it looks quite nice now very butch without looking overdone , definitely a looker

Some images below
Attached Thumbnails
Opening shortly: BRABUS showroom and a Brabus-Merc workshop in B'lore-b09aa243.jpg  

Opening shortly: BRABUS showroom and a Brabus-Merc workshop in B'lore-b09aa247.jpg  

Opening shortly: BRABUS showroom and a Brabus-Merc workshop in B'lore-b09aa248.jpg  

Opening shortly: BRABUS showroom and a Brabus-Merc workshop in B'lore-b09aa280.jpg  

Opening shortly: BRABUS showroom and a Brabus-Merc workshop in B'lore-b09aa365.jpg  

Opening shortly: BRABUS showroom and a Brabus-Merc workshop in B'lore-b09aa366.jpg  

Opening shortly: BRABUS showroom and a Brabus-Merc workshop in B'lore-b09aa386.jpg  

Opening shortly: BRABUS showroom and a Brabus-Merc workshop in B'lore-b09aa373.jpg  

Opening shortly: BRABUS showroom and a Brabus-Merc workshop in B'lore-b09aa372.jpg  

Opening shortly: BRABUS showroom and a Brabus-Merc workshop in B'lore-b09aa294.jpg  

Old 28th September 2009, 15:11   #30
BHPian

Wow! This is sophistication to the T. Very high tech. Cant await to see the BRABUS Supercars. 730 bhp Bullits, Rockets and SV12s. And my oh my, dont forget the G-Wagon and Mayback 62S by Brabus. How about the Brabus SMART and the Brabus Teslas? Feel James Bondish driving one of these. Dragon in sheep's clothing. The quality of the craftsmanship is beyond excellent. BRABUS doesn't modify your cars. It re manufactures it.

Last edited by agent4ferrari : 28th September 2009 at 15:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks