Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2009, 22:25   #1
Senior - BHPian

Opening shortly: BRABUS showroom and a Brabus-Merc workshop in B'lore

Here is some news guys

Heard from a very reliable source that Bangalore will soon witness a Brabus Showroom and a Brabus-Merc workshop.

Its a great initiative and Bangalore being a hot spot for automobiles I guess its going to be a big success.

What will the showroom offer ?

The showroom intends to offer a variety of accessories , parts , rims etc.
Add to that, even Brabus supercars will be officially sold in the showroom.
This exclusive showroom will be located in central B'lore.

About the Brabus-Merc workshop.

This workshop would consist of technicians trained by Brabus.
These professionals would be experts in servicing Mercs and solving other technical problems, if any.

This is a big change hitting B'lore and with the brand being quite famous its sure going to rock the automobile scene.

All the very best to them.

Last edited by manishasrani : 6th September 2009 at 22:29.
Old 7th September 2009, 07:49   #2
BHPian

This is positive news indeed and will rock the motoring fraternity.

But with all automobile companies coming to India with all these fast cars its about time the roads got better and people start following the rules.
Old 7th September 2009, 14:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

Is there any money in this type of bus/activity. I recall a guy in Mumbai did this some years ago and now seems to have gone completely silent. He did not have a showroom as such but was the official dealer importer and did some good bus initially but later fizzled out!

Last edited by canonball : 7th September 2009 at 14:45.
Old 7th September 2009, 15:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Is there any money in this type of bus/activity. I recall a guy in Mumbai did this some years ago and now seems to have gone completely silent.
My feelings exactly. Some 4-5 years ago, Brabus had set up shop in Mumbai. One of their mods, a Black C230 (the previous gen c class) was featured in Auto India. The car had rubber band thin tyres (35 profile or something) but still managed to give good ride. Even then it was promised that Brabus equipped cars would get service at all authorized Merc workshops.

But of late, the name seems to have fizzled out completely.
Old 7th September 2009, 15:54   #5
BHPian

4-5 yrs ago the infra and spending power in junta was also of a lesser scale, the country saw a deluge of imported wheels during past 4 yrs, right now its hot, I think its a good time for this business, people have better taste, better choice, money and the infra across cities has improved.
Old 7th September 2009, 16:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

It is indeed a great news for auto enthusiast, especially all the Merc fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool_Red View Post
This is positive news indeed and will rock the motoring fraternity.

But with all automobile companies coming to India with all these fast cars its about time the roads got better and people start following the rules.
But I too have the same opinion regarding the roads.
Old 7th September 2009, 16:55   #7
BHPian

That was around 5 years back. Now the scenario has changed completely. All Brabus cars can be serviced at Merc service stations. Plus this is a Brabus Workshop where all other mercs will also be serviced. I think this is just awesome for all Mercedes fans. They can spend on their current cars and make them exclusive.
Old 7th September 2009, 18:02   #8
Senior - BHPian

With the out of this good news on the other side there is another stunning news from Brabus. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...dan-world.html
Old 7th September 2009, 20:12   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireblader85 View Post
That was around 5 years back. Now the scenario has changed completely. All Brabus cars can be serviced at Merc service stations. Plus this is a Brabus Workshop where all other mercs will also be serviced. I think this is just awesome for all Mercedes fans. They can spend on their current cars and make them exclusive.
what!! the brabus and the AMG fighting on indian soil!! massive. its the bhp war out here.
look fwd for a brabus merc vs amg merc race.
Old 7th September 2009, 21:30   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
what!! the brabus and the AMG fighting on indian soil!! massive. its the bhp war out here.
look fwd for a brabus merc vs amg merc race.
You forget Lorinser, which has been in India for more than a year. I had met a guy in Mt Abu (actually an Ahmedabad based businessman) who had come with his Lorinser equipped E-class. The car had a body kit to die for, and a superb Stage 1 performance kit. Awesome!!!
Old 7th September 2009, 21:53   #11
BHPian

That is quite simply the best news ever Ive heard on TBHP (except for the Veyron stories which turned out to be rumours).

But yeah its high time India got a Brabus dealership. Even Pakistan has a full fledged exclusive Brabus dealership. Oh I just wish someone buys a CLS Rocket or my eternal love - The Brabus E V12
Old 8th September 2009, 06:18   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
You forget Lorinser, which has been in India for more than a year. I had met a guy in Mt Abu (actually an Ahmedabad based businessman) who had come with his Lorinser equipped E-class. The car had a body kit to die for, and a superb Stage 1 performance kit. Awesome!!!
yes. you're right. i did forget the lorinser's around. so there you go. the war has just shifted to india.lorinser merc vs brabus merc vs amg merc. now when do we see that happening.
do we have to wait for a magazine to pull that up is Team Bhp going to surprise us with a mega drive of this sorts.
Old 8th September 2009, 12:02   #13
Senior - BHPian

Guys I have lived in the US, Indonesia, and Hong Kong and these are considered relatively mature markets to India in terms of Mercedes penetratio. Following is the trend data I can offer:

US - Lived in Boston for 3.5 years Mass being a hotbed for rich students and Boston being the hub say a large volume of mercs being sold but there never was a excluisve Brabus shop infact you had to bring it in from LA as most tire dealers & distributors including tire rack or discount tire never supported Brabus etc.

Indonesia - MB assembeled cars there since 1986/87 and there was a massive following of Brabus & MB with decent volumes but no exclusive showroom just resellers and some private imports of complete cars.

HK - Man this market is MB crazy short of having it as a diety. No exclusive Brabus shop or car available unless you import privately

This begs the question is this really going to work the way it is being made out in the first post a Speed shop yes but retailing and supporting complete cars is a volumes game and I don't see volumes.
Old 8th September 2009, 12:48   #14
Senior - BHPian

According to me Bangalore is the right place for Brabus to start with. There is a track and the highest population of Modded imports.
I knew the person who had brought Brabus to Bombay a few years ago but the timeing was completely wrong. The C and the E had just come in and at that point Mercedes warrenty would also not hold. So alot of owners like myself too held back from getting any modifications done.
Lorinser does not hold its ground in India when compared to an AMG or to Brabus. Amg is the whole car for india and does not have a store or an importer for the kits. Brabus by opening a store would have an upper hand over the other two and would do really well. A few people i know have the Brabus performance kits on their cars but body kits no one. I am definately going to be one of their clients.
The way i see it the table would go Brabus, AMG and then Lorinser. I do hope they bring down official Brabus cars here too.
Old 8th September 2009, 12:52   #15
BHPian

From what I have heard, the support is not only for the Brabus Cars but for all other Mercedes cars as well with proper spares and technical support. So I think this is really good news for the Indian car enthusiast.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks