Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2005, 13:08   #1
BHPian

Spotted: Chevrolet Corvette

It was saturday afternoon. Was heading towards Maruti service station at Thane ,but found the road to the service station broken so had to talke a long route to get it which goes by a fiat service station. and to my shock i saw a car with the widest tyre i've everseen, probably had a 18" or 19" Allow , two exaust like beast. and then i read the double flag Logo which read "CORVETTE". i shouted i stoped and went close to the devil. Aweee it was low it was huge ,and :(( it was broken.

Hold on ! the body totaly in shape but its interior was totaly ... no in place .. the dash board was on the seat the speedo was faling down . so much of things on the seat. then without missing a min i take out my cell and take a snap of it ,,just then one of the worker came running toowards me, shouting at me yelling , tells me i'm not supposed to take a pic of it ... But dude too late u r i already have the beast on my cam ... but i had to leave that time.

I go there again next day and try to peep in properly and to take couple of more pics,, but could take only one and then one mecha comes. i spoke to him ,, says its there for some AC work . owner stays Downtown, the car was in black they changed the color to silver. it was in some other workshop before and had spen 15 Lks and now its there for a AC work... has a MH - 01 - XXX reg plate.

I Took 2 pics will be uploading them soon..
Old 12th July 2005, 22:24   #2
BHPian

I had posted this earlier.I had seen this car amongst a group of security and at a reasonable good speed two years ago.It was silver in colour then too. I was completely starled by it.Looked really awesome and to sum it up I was more than happy to see my all time favourite american machine on indian soil.

Dude can you help us as to where is the vehicle parked now.
Old 14th July 2005, 22:31   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikibusa
I had posted this earlier.I had seen this car amongst a group of security and at a reasonable good speed two years ago.It was silver in colour then too. I was completely starled by it.Looked really awesome and to sum it up I was more than happy to see my all time favourite american machine on indian soil.

Dude can you help us as to where is the vehicle parked now.
Last time when i saw it, it was parked at a workshop at thane .. the area is known as Kothari Compound .. its close to thikujini-wadi water park.
Old 8th August 2005, 12:27   #4
BHPian

Pics Of Corvette

Finally i'm back with the snaps of the chevvy i spoted some time back in thane,,well its still parked at the same place.

Sorry for late posting of images but i was out on a trip to singapore and bangkok

for now enjoy.

pics taken by me from my cell 3230
Old 8th August 2005, 12:36   #5
BHPian

corvete imges

Here are the images

Last edited by sinner : 8th August 2005 at 12:42. Reason: forgot to white out the reg nmber
Old 8th August 2005, 13:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thats a Corvette. Is that a ZR1??
Old 8th August 2005, 15:35   #7
BHPian

Yes,Stratos This ones definetly a Corvette ZR1 ...BTW Sinner i'm a little confused ...the first pic shows that its still waiting for a paint job... while in the second one its silver in colour??
Old 8th August 2005, 16:32   #8
BHPian

no comfortablywacky both car in both the images are silver i'd juz brightened the second as it was a lil dark. But ya both are the same.

and ya nikibusa the car still in Thane kothari compound.
Old 8th August 2005, 22:15   #9
BHPian

Looks like a left hand drive car, imported i guess?
Old 8th August 2005, 22:18   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC11
Looks like a left hand drive car, imported i guess?
Corvettes were never available in India. They had to be imported
Old 8th August 2005, 22:24   #11
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess this car is from Bandra. had seen a black ZR1 some years back in Bandra.
Old 9th August 2005, 12:02   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12
I guess this car is from Bandra. had seen a black ZR1 some years back in Bandra.
Don't know about that but the person i spoke to told me it belongs to someone in colaba.

And i guess now corvette is available in India right,Never seen any other corvette though. Had some snaps of corvette in showroom.
Old 9th August 2005, 12:15   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner
And i guess now corvette is available in India right,Never seen any other corvette though. Had some snaps of corvette in showroom.
Not yet Sinner, BUT GM is planning to launch it (and the Hummer H3, and the Caddie) in India via CBU route. But then, these guys are planning it for the last several years, so I guess they will eventually launch the Hummer H7...
Old 9th August 2005, 13:04   #14
Team-BHP Support

That's not a ZR-1. It's a "regular" C4 'vette. Look's to be a '95 or thereabouts.
Old 31st May 2007, 18:25   #15
BHPian

a c4 probrable from 95 seeing the curved nose busa if you see it again could you get pics of the side and is it rhd it looks some thing like a gran sport.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks