Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 11:29   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Totally agree with the first point, but again its not for no reason that it won the performance car of the year, Dont think his brother is getting the lambo and the V10 in the case of Audi R8 is a totally proven product and its one Superb engine.
One reason may be , it may be more efficient and better sounding than the v10.
- Which engine are you talking about, The Gallardo V10 too is a well-known trouble maker. No need to go far, take the recent Lambo event at chennai for instance, You saw a LP 560-4 Spyder burnt into ashes right ? V10's got tremendous over heating issues. Wont take long to turn into a fireball if not properly taken care of. But BMW V10's(ones in M5 and M6) are known to be the best, No such issues, Hassle-free to be precise. No wonder they won 'Performance Engine' Awards for a long row

- I beg to disagree, The V8 Audi R8 is painstakingly silent. Only noise it makes is the growl of the Engine. Exhaust notes are minimal in supercar standards. Aftermarkets can help though. If OE is the way, V10 is much louder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
Whatever the material, I think black sideblades suit the white R8 very well.

OT: I think its actually called CFRP, expanded as Carbon Fibre Reinforced Plastic, also called CF or Carbon Fibre.
Yep, But I doubt if the ones on R8 is CFRP. Wish its the real deal.

IIIRC, Both CFRP and CF are different.

Last edited by Scorcher : 8th April 2010 at 11:33.
Old 8th April 2010, 16:44   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
- Which engine are you talking about, The Gallardo V10 too is a well-known trouble maker. No need to go far, take the recent Lambo event at chennai for instance, You saw a LP 560-4 Spyder burnt into ashes right ? V10's got tremendous over heating issues. Wont take long to turn into a fireball if not properly taken care of. But BMW V10's(ones in M5 and M6) are known to be the best, No such issues, Hassle-free to be precise. No wonder they won 'Performance Engine' Awards for a long row

- I beg to disagree, The V8 Audi R8 is painstakingly silent. Only noise it makes is the growl of the Engine. Exhaust notes are minimal in supercar standards. Aftermarkets can help though. If OE is the way, V10 is much louder.sorry for going off topic.
Yes you have got a point there regarding the v10 catching fire in chennai.But I think the issues are again isolated . Just one question which one would you choose if you were given one for free ?
And again exhaust note doesn't have to be good if they are loud. I still believe the V8 sounds better than the v10.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th April 2010 at 13:45. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 8th April 2010, 17:06   #153
BHPian

@arjunrudra

i agree to the point that the exhaust note doesn't have to be good if they are loud, but then have u heard a V10 R8 when a V8 R8 is around??
the V10's exhaust notes do something to your insides, a lot better than the V8's.
Old 8th April 2010, 17:11   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
@arjunrudra

i agree to the point that the exhaust note doesn't have to be good if they are loud, but then have u heard a V10 R8 when a V8 R8 is around??
the V10's exhaust notes do something to your insides, a lot better than the V8's.
It again boils down to personal taste . Its like Bass vs treble relating to v8 vs v10.
Old 12th April 2010, 22:35   #155

Hey man, what you got there is really AWESOME MAN !!!!

hi,
the owner of dese vehicles (your brother) is really a hotshot..
got to accept it dude.. ohh man!! what a collection man... may god bless him more !!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to see more from this hotshot!!!
Old 14th April 2010, 00:27   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
I would recommend the V8 only because of some reasons.
- Genuine 'Audi R8' and not a Audi 'wannabe Lambo' R8.
- V8 is far more hassle-free than V10's. Certain V10's are infamous trouble makers.
The thing is, price difference between V8 and V10 is one major deciding factor. If you add the equipment list that comes standard with V10 (Sat Nav, B&O system, Premium package and others) to a V8, the price difference is not high between both engine options (Check Audi website). And for that little price to pay, you get a V10 Lamborghini engine + more grunt + hell better performance + great treat to your ears, all wrapped up in a beautiful body of Audi R8.

I would have gone with the V10 if I was him.
Old 21st April 2010, 19:22   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalhotra_93 View Post
Need help Fellas !

Audi R8 or BMW M6 .

M6 because the 650i has been sold off .
m6 for sure.... its got the ground clearance and the suspension which is forgiving enough for indian roads....yet has not been modified like the amg's so it still looks the same. It has the boot space for you and your friend and a couple of more ppl in the back... luggage space is far superior as well...

r8 IS A GREAT GREAT GREAT car.. but for my money.. I just dont see the point of having a car that only you can enjoy and only for entertainment.. not practically.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Dippy : 22nd April 2010 at 09:15. Reason: See the note in your post.
Old 22nd April 2010, 10:39   #158
Senior - BHPian

M6 is a better bet if one is looking at a daily ride. But the owner has many other beauties to take care of that. For a night drive or weekend blast, the R8 would make more sense compared to a M6. For better comfort, looks and VFM, why not the Maserati GT ?
Old 25th April 2010, 21:30   #159
BHPian

R8 cancelled ! A new babe is being planned for . Know nothing about the new one .
Old 25th April 2010, 22:13   #160
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi smalhotra,

To avoid any further speculation on what your cousin's next ride is going to be, we are locking this thread.

Please PM any of the Moderators when you have an update and we will open the thread.
Old 29th April 2010, 10:51   #161
BHPian

Hey guys

Back with a bang . Two new rides have entered the garage :
1.BMW Z4
2.Audi TT

Third one not decided . CLS63 AMG or Jag XF is the choice . I told him that no point buying the CLS63 now because there would be a new one next year .
And AFA the Jag is concerned , I told him to check the XF"R" and he likes it too !

Lets see what is the conclusion .

Will bring the pics any time soon now .
Old 29th April 2010, 10:59   #162
Senior - BHPian

I wish if I am his chief driver and car caretaker, would have attained Nirvana before bidding bye to this small world .
Old 29th April 2010, 11:13   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys

1.BMW Z4
2.Audi TT

Third one not decided . CLS63 AMG or Jag XF is the choice . I told him that no point buying the CLS63 now because there would be a new one next year .
And AFA the Jag is concerned , I told him to check the XF"R" and he likes it too !

There is an XF-R for sale done 2000 kms in white. Why dont you ask your cousin to check out the SLS 63AMG too.
Old 29th April 2010, 12:30   #164
BHPian

The CLS63 AMG is more than double the cost of an XF. You cant compare these cars. And whats the rationale behind buying the Z4 AND the TT? I guess theres no rationale if you have excess money .. What colours are they ?
Old 29th April 2010, 12:35   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys

1.BMW Z4
2.Audi TT

I spotted a silver z4 here in Ludhiana, is it same.
Post some pics.
Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks