Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2009, 13:41   #31
Senior - BHPian

Thats the cross spoke that you have chosen Accord_masters.

Pls do leave this Hamann kit alone there are better ones which would make the car look classy and elegant as well. The wheels of the AC Schnitzer are horrible do look at only the kit
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 760Li & X5 4.8i ordered EDIT - Now its Bentley Continental Flying Spur Speed-acschnitzer2009bmw7series1.jpg  

BMW 760Li & X5 4.8i ordered EDIT - Now its Bentley Continental Flying Spur Speed-acschnitzer2009bmw7series9.jpg  

BMW 760Li & X5 4.8i ordered EDIT - Now its Bentley Continental Flying Spur Speed-image.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by speedy : 22nd October 2009 at 13:47.
Old 22nd October 2009, 20:42   #32
BANNED

well guys i guess ill decide for the 7 in december and ill consider the M , AC SCHNITZER & HAMANN ... btw bmw people called and told me that the m kit on the x5 wont be possible as for some stupid reason in India the x5 can't come with the M sports kit because of the stiff suspension in the M kit and some other rules that some ignorant , boring man would have made . so the x5 would be with the normal bumpers and the rims would be the y spoke rims.
They also did give me the good news that the order has been finalized and in process now and cannot be altered so yay the 760 and the x5 are officially in process now.
AM
Old 22nd October 2009, 22:25   #33
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
well guys i guess ill decide for the 7 in december and ill consider the M , AC SCHNITZER & HAMANN ... btw bmw people called and told me that the m kit on the x5 wont be possible as for some stupid reason in India the x5 can't come with the M sports kit because of the stiff suspension in the M kit and some other rules that some ignorant , boring man would have made . so the x5 would be with the normal bumpers and the rims would be the y spoke rims.
They also did give me the good news that the order has been finalized and in process now and cannot be altered so yay the 760 and the x5 are officially in process now.
AM
its sad to know that the X5 wont be here with the M kit. But I don't understand that if a M3, a M5 and even a M6 is available off the shelf in India then why not a X5 M? Do the X5 M or the X6 M have more stiff suspension than the Lamborghinis, Porsches and even BMW's own M6 ??
Old 22nd October 2009, 23:42   #34
BANNED

@ m - that is the same question i asked but cant do much about the indian rules....
Old 23rd October 2009, 01:27   #35

That is Ridiculous. I was so looking forward to an X5M. Why dont you get the Kit seperate later?
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:09   #36
Senior - BHPian

That is plain ignorance on the part of the sales representative A_M. I have a friend who had the M kit (cosmetical) put on his X5 4.8 and the car was bought from the dealership in Bombay. Do you want me to check with the dealership?. The M sport body kit has nothing to do with the suspension of the car. I have a feeling the guy once your car comes will offer it to you seperately (income to the dealership and not company). If BMW offers it for the 3 and 5 series and trust me the 325i has real stiff suspension they can put it for the X5.

Here is the picture of the double spoke 238 wheels i was telling you about. I have not seen these wheels on any 7 series in India. Sorry for the poor quality, could not find a picture of it on the net so clicked it off the cover of the configurator.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 760Li & X5 4.8i ordered EDIT - Now its Bentley Continental Flying Spur Speed-22102009180.jpg  

Last edited by speedy : 23rd October 2009 at 11:10.
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:09   #37
Senior - BHPian

IMO Hamman's multi-spoke wheels & exhaust look sporty!
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:20   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

@Speedy- I have seen those wheels on a previous gen 7 series in Pune. It belongs to a big industralist there, I just had a glimpse of it while walking into their home for dinner, obv couldn't take pics in such circumstances
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:35   #39
v10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
That is plain ignorance on the part of the sales representative A_M. I have a friend who had the M kit (cosmetical) put on his X5 4.8 and the car was bought from the dealership in Bombay. Do you want me to check with the dealership?. The M sport body kit has nothing to do with the suspension of the car. I have a feeling the guy once your car comes will offer it to you seperately (income to the dealership and not company). If BMW offers it for the 3 and 5 series and trust me the 325i has real stiff suspension they can put it for the X5.

Here is the picture of the double spoke 238 wheels i was telling you about. I have not seen these wheels on any 7 series in India. Sorry for the poor quality, could not find a picture of it on the net so clicked it off the cover of the configurator.
+1

My cousin recently picked up a black X5 from the CHD dealer and got the M kit which has all of the aluminum stuff contrasting with body colored bumpers. The kit from the dealer itself is expensive. The other options of getting the kit are way cheaper. He didn't get the Y blocks though.
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:15   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
@Speedy- I have seen those wheels on a previous gen 7 series in Pune. It belongs to a big industralist there, I just had a glimpse of it while walking into their home for dinner, obv couldn't take pics in such circumstances
Sorry my bad, meant this generation 7 series. Was the previous gen 7 a black coloured one. If yes then i did get a glimpse of it but have not seen it stationary to really see what rims it was rideing on.
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:31   #41
BANNED

hey guys just to clear the doubt its not the m body kit i said.. i mentioned the M SPORTS PACKAGE that is what has the sports suspension and stuff and it is what i cannot get for now. The body kit is available . As far as the question is concerned about the bird automotive group i trust them and full faith in them have got a lot of cars from them and instead of ripping me off they have given me deals which are unimaginable plus already got a 5 series with the m body kit on it so the question of them selling me the body kit later on and ripping me off or so is out of the picture but anyways thanks for finding out about the body kit and stuff for the x5 . I'm now thinking of keeping the x5 as it is and getting stuff for the 760 .

AM
Old 23rd October 2009, 14:26   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Sorry my bad, meant this generation 7 series. Was the previous gen 7 a black coloured one. If yes then i did get a glimpse of it but have not seen it stationary to really see what rims it was rideing on.
Yes it was black or maybe a navy blue with no tints. Rims were huge, looks amazing. The car looked a lot taller.
Old 26th October 2009, 22:23   #43
BHPian

Guys, Is the 4.8i a twin turbo engine??
Old 26th October 2009, 23:56   #44
Senior - BHPian

Nope. Its N/A. the 4.4 is a TT engine.
Old 29th October 2009, 17:38   #45
BHPian

BTW i came across something last night for the 7 . what say ??

Attachment 213300

Attachment 213302

Attachment 213301

AM
The hamann kit instead of the M kit???[/quote]

Personally i dont think you should go for the hamann kit- the beauty of the 760 is under the bonnet, and thats where it should stay- enjoyed by those inside! The M kit seems a little more subtle, a little more aggressive than the stock, so that is the one i would go for... thats just me though what say?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks