Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2009, 09:19   #151
Senior - BHPian

Hey Speedy,

The car looks simply fantastic. She has got real class and I would like to know one thing , Any plans to paint her?
She would definitely look nice a a real good Black shiny paint job.

Regards
Arjun
Old 12th November 2009, 10:06   #152
Senior - BHPian

The only Mercedes cars I would ever want in my garage. Sweet pictures speedy. Thanks for sharing them.
Old 12th November 2009, 11:11   #153
Senior - BHPian

Needs his own country now!

I have been following this thread since its inception and one thought kept crossing my mind:

"When is Speedy going to get his own country?"

That car befits having the lord and master or all he surveys, lording it over his serfs & minions, while safely ensconed inside that wonderful stately carriage. May I suggest a nice tropical island. Only request - petrolheads get entry without visas and if it is not too much - we get treated as state guests.

Congratulations Speedy & wish you all the best for the restoration.

Cheers,
Old 12th November 2009, 14:09   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Hey Speedy,

The car looks simply fantastic. She has got real class and I would like to know one thing , Any plans to paint her?

Regards
Arjun
please, please, no... the current colour is superb!
Old 12th November 2009, 19:02   #155
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
The rains played spoil sport but i did manage to get a few pictures.

Supercars i hope you enjoy this. The Man and his Bodygaurd. True Blue Mercedes Men in a now Mercedes Womans world .
I must say that the W124 holds its own even when standing right next to Big Daddy! Looks as small as an 800 , still the design is irresistibly clean / balanced.
Old 12th November 2009, 19:08   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
There is no doubt that this color look's good. By the way this car will look good in any color. I still think the black color will give it the killer and stately look at the same time.
Old 12th November 2009, 22:57   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubin View Post
hey on the rear windshield i see a small black object?
whats that. and do mention what oils etc are you using so some young turks like me can benefit from your experiences of owning a 3 pointed Star.
That is the antenna holder for the Telephone. More like a signal booster. The normal oil from the market. Will give you the name tommorrow.

Quote:
Hey Speedy,

Regards
Arjun
Yes she does have class and omph for sure. Yes there are plans in the future to paint her but in the same colour. I dont like the black on her she looks lovely and different in the current shade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
The only Mercedes cars I would ever want in my garage. Sweet pictures speedy. Thanks for sharing them.
. My E and Ml do not even come close to the seating comfort of either the W124 or the W140.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I have been following this thread since its inception and one thought kept crossing my mind:

"When is Speedy going to get his own country?"

That car befits having the lord and master or all he surveys, lording it over his serfs & minions, while safely ensconed inside that wonderful stately carriage. May I suggest a nice tropical island. Only request - petrolheads get entry without visas and if it is not too much - we get treated as state guests.

Congratulations Speedy & wish you all the best for the restoration.

Cheers,
"Country???" I do have one India and my state is Maharashtra. I rather buy another car instead of spending on owning a country .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I must say that the W124 holds its own even when standing right next to Big Daddy! Looks as small as an 800 , still the design is irresistibly clean / balanced.
The W124 does hold its ground against the W140 as well. Trust me when you see them in the flesh it is not that small a boy. The lines are clean and balanced with alot of thought given for the design for both. Simple yet in your face.

Quote:
There is no doubt that this color look's good. By the way this car will look good in any color. I still think the black color will give it the killer and stately look at the same time.
Not all colours suit the W140 and its image Arjun. Yes black does give it the stately look but thats not what i am planning for the car. She is Gangster and the current colour and wheels definately help keep this image.
Old 13th November 2009, 07:17   #158
Senior - BHPian

for the gangster look this color will definitely work. I thought you wanted the Japanese Gangster look.
Anyways all the best for the project.
Old 13th November 2009, 11:41   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
for the gangster look this color will definitely work. I thought you wanted the Japanese Gangster look.
Anyways all the best for the project.

Arjun 60% of all W140's in India are black, so makes it a common colour. The current colour in the day is Purpleish but at night or under poor light conditions looks black. So a win win situation for both. You get your black w140 at night and i get the purpleish in the day .
Taking into accord the dish wheels and the low profile tires with the tinted windows this color suits it best. Besides this is the color the company gave her, so retaining it.
Old 13th November 2009, 16:16   #160
BHPian

come what may
don't change the color and the wheels
this car is a perfect example of oldschool design and modern comfort.
the wheels are to die for.
even i have similar wheels on my W124. quite a looker.
Old 13th November 2009, 17:00   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubin View Post
come what may
don't change the color and the wheels
this car is a perfect example of oldschool design and modern comfort.
the wheels are to die for.
even i have similar wheels on my W124. quite a looker.
Each and every page of this Thread has me mentioning i am not changing the colour or the wheels of the car. I love the car the way it is.

Finally this afternoon at 3pm the car was taken in for service and i would get her back tommorrow. Then Monday the exhaust .
Old 13th November 2009, 17:06   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Each and every page of this Thread has me mentioning i am not changing the colour or the wheels of the car. I love the car the way it is.

Finally this afternoon at 3pm the car was taken in for service and i would get her back tommorrow. Then Monday the exhaust .
Good. What about the exhausts what are you doing to them?
Old 13th November 2009, 17:29   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good. What about the exhausts what are you doing to them?
The exhaust has rusted at the center box so taking the opertunity and getting the entire one made in stainless steel. The exhaust would have a mild rumble to it at idle and at low RPM but when i step on the gas it would growl. The design pattern and looks would remain the same as stock. I have an option of getting chrome tips (like the AMG ones) for the end but i think i would leave it stock looking.
Old 13th November 2009, 17:51   #164
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your purchase. That is one stonker of a machine you have there. It's got absolute gangsta looks. Built like a tank and could easily outlast many of the new generation Mercs. She is sheer class with a big C. Bring on the tints. It will definitely enhance the already stunning looks.
Old 13th November 2009, 19:52   #165
BHPian

Lime Green V12

I was driving past the NFC market this afternoon, and lo presto, i saw this lime green S600 with V12 written on the side, i wanted to take some pictures but couldn't.

I'm sure it belongs to someone around here... so will the real slim shady please stand up!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks