Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2009, 13:16   #316
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
You should not pay the person till you are satisfied with the work. The part should not look repainted otherwise there is no meaning in getting the part painted.
You might have seen countless number of cars in India with fenders and parts of the bumper, et al, looking slightly different in terms of the paint. That's what I'm trying to get at! You will not be able to immediately notice the difference, but in some angles, with sunlight on it, you'd be able to see if the part has been repainted. That's what I'm trying to get at!

Now Abhishek would obviously get it repainted at a reputed place where the difference is minimal or even zilch! And even if the mirrors had arrived wearing the same shade, it would in all probability not match completely!
Old 30th December 2009, 13:22   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Even if they happened to be blue mirrors, it wouldn't make much of a difference! You see, after a small dent or gash on the body of a car, if you repaint that part of the car after repair, it will, somehow never look even with the rest of the car's paint! Of course that depends on the work shop as well.
. A good paint shop can do wonders in paint matching or repainting a car or bike. In this case Autohanger is gonna paint it.

Quote:
So even if Abhishek had acquired blue mirrors of the same shade, there would've been a slight difference in the shade and I presume he would've got it re-painted anyway
I dont know why all the fuss over the colour blue. My car is not even blue in colour so whichever colour i would have had to have them repainted. My car is on the purpleish side and a very uncommon colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
You should not pay the person till you are satisfied with the work. The part should not look repainted otherwise there is no meaning in getting the part painted.
It is being done by AutoHanger itself, So you can take it up with them. At this point i only want the car on the road at the earliest, everything else is irrelivent to me as of now. I am on a thin thread as far as patience is concerned with AutoHanger.
Old 1st January 2010, 13:45   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
The car registration number is 60 and was spotted by President at Bandh. The car resides in the Juhu area and belongs to my fathers friend. He has a site at the colaba area and that is why the car is seen there.

Yes they are in maroon and would be repainted to the car colour.
Sorry its not 60 . will tell you on your call.
Old 1st January 2010, 20:51   #319
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
. A good paint shop can do wonders in paint matching or repainting a car or bike. In this case Autohanger is gonna paint it.

I dont know why all the fuss over the colour blue. My car is not even blue in colour so whichever colour i would have had to have them repainted. My car is on the purpleish side and a very uncommon colour.

It is being done by AutoHanger itself, So you can take it up with them. At this point i only want the car on the road at the earliest, everything else is irrelivent to me as of now. I am on a thin thread as far as patience is concerned with AutoHanger.
Oh yeah Abhishek! Sorry bhai! I always knew that it was purple-ish but I'm an idiot sometimes! Have no clue as to why I kept mentioning 'blue'!

And I'll tell you what, it's a smashing colour! This purple looks dastardly yet elegant!
Old 20th January 2010, 13:50   #320
Team-BHP Support

abhishek any news on the v12? this thread hasnt been updated in a while.
Old 20th January 2010, 17:26   #321
Team-BHP Support

Yeah Abhishek?

What's up with this thread? No update? No news at all! What's happening to the her gorgeousness? Hope she'll be on the streets soon!
Old 21st January 2010, 18:34   #322
BHPian

Lets all march to Autohanger right now.. What say guys.
Old 21st January 2010, 20:15   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
abhishek any news on the v12? this thread hasnt been updated in a while.
Quote:
Yeah Abhishek?

What's up with this thread? No update? No news at all! What's happening to the her gorgeousness? Hope she'll be on the streets soon!

Nothing much as off now. The parts guy in Delhi after taking the full amount has not yet delivered the 90% of the parts ordered. Keeps evading. The mirrors also sent are the post facelift so do not fit on the car. So i have to send it back and get a refund.

I have ordered the parts from Dubai and were sent on Monday so by tommorrow i should have them with me. So as of now i am still awaiting parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
Lets all march to Autohanger right now.. What say guys.
Please feel free to drive to Autohanger, Marching would tire you down . The car is standing in one lonely corner with a sulking face.
Old 21st January 2010, 22:17   #324
BHPian

Quote:
. The car is standing in one lonely corner with a sulking face.
and we at t-bhp hate when that happens to a car. so when do we all march there?
Old 21st January 2010, 22:32   #325
BHPian

Speedy you are one patient chap. Its been almost a 100 days since you laid your hands on this babe and you must be dying to take it out for a long long drive.
One more thing i wanted to ask. This is almost a 20 year. And with the moisture in Mumbai don't the airbags deteriorate? If yes are they serviced or replaced. Sorry if my question sounds stupid. I just always pondered over it.
Old 22nd January 2010, 12:14   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
and we at t-bhp hate when that happens to a car. so when do we all march there?
Yes sir we do, but sometimes we need to hold our horses instead of running wild and ruining things. Want the car out of there in one running peice not with something damaged or spoilt .

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Speedy you are one patient chap. Its been almost a 100 days since you laid your hands on this babe and you must be dying to take it out for a long long drive.
One more thing i wanted to ask. This is almost a 20 year. And with the moisture in Mumbai don't the airbags deteriorate? If yes are they serviced or replaced. Sorry if my question sounds stupid. I just always pondered over it.
Yes it has been Three months almost since the Big Daddy is away. I am not itching any more to take her for a long drive, i just want her to get on the road even if it is a 5 minute spin round the block or in my office compound.

As far as i know and have read, the airbags cannot be serviced but have to be replaced. I think for that the entire dash board unit has to be changed. If the airbags have not been deployed and if like in this case 16 years of non use the airbags would not deteriorate and do not need to be changed. This is all i know, but am subject to correction by the experts.

No question is stupid my friend, we are all here to learn and share our knowledge .
Old 22nd January 2010, 12:32   #327
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Nothing much as off now. The parts guy in Delhi after taking the full amount has not yet delivered the 90% of the parts ordered. Keeps evading. The mirrors also sent are the post facelift so do not fit on the car. So i have to send it back and get a refund.

I have ordered the parts from Dubai and were sent on Monday so by tommorrow i should have them with me. So as of now i am still awaiting parts.

Please feel free to drive to Autohanger, Marching would tire you down . The car is standing in one lonely corner with a sulking face.
The parts guy is playing hard to get? The mirrors don't fit? And she's just lying in a corner? This is really sad! I never knew that sourcing parts for a W140 would be this hard! I know it wouldn't be easy but it's been 3 months now!

When do we expect to see her on the roads, Abhishek?
Old 22nd January 2010, 13:50   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The parts guy is playing hard to get? The mirrors don't fit? And she's just lying in a corner? This is really sad! I never knew that sourcing parts for a W140 would be this hard! I know it wouldn't be easy but it's been 3 months now!

When do we expect to see her on the roads, Abhishek?
They are not difficult to get the parts, provided the supplier is a honest person. This guy said he had all the parts required and so i paid up the money and he sent the mirrors immidiately and promised the other things would be with me in two days. The excuses started pouring in and i had no choice but to wait as he kept saying they have been sent and the courier guy will call me. I was also travelling so could not hound the guy. After a month long wait i just asked for the money back and called a friend in Dubai and told him to buy and send the parts.

If i would have listened to my brother and my friend who looks after my cars, the Big boy would have been on the road two months ago. Big mistake by sending the car to Autohanger. Imagine it took them one month to tell me the side mirrors are wrong. I have to run to tell them what to do, like they have no common sense of their own. I have 80% of a mind to pull the car out of there as everything is being done by me and their mechs are only fitting things on.
One thing i have learnt from this is Order the stuff yourself or stick with known people for your parts and you wont be killing time waiting.

My plans for the supercar run are down the drain so am not in any perticular hurry now, as my interest and enthusiasm to drive the car has vanished. Now its just finish the car and be done with it. Patience has run to a big zero now.
Old 25th January 2010, 15:23   #329
BHPian

Quote:
They are not difficult to get the parts, provided the supplier is a honest person. This guy said he had all the parts required and so i paid up the money and he sent the mirrors immidiately and promised the other things would be with me in two days. The excuses started pouring in and i had no choice but to wait as he kept saying they have been sent and the courier guy will call me. I was also travelling so could not hound the guy. After a month long wait i just asked for the money back and called a friend in Dubai and told him to buy and send the parts.

If i would have listened to my brother and my friend who looks after my cars, the Big boy would have been on the road two months ago. Big mistake by sending the car to Autohanger. Imagine it took them one month to tell me the side mirrors are wrong. I have to run to tell them what to do, like they have no common sense of their own. I have 80% of a mind to pull the car out of there as everything is being done by me and their mechs are only fitting things on.
One thing i have learnt from this is Order the stuff yourself or stick with known people for your parts and you wont be killing time waiting.

My plans for the supercar run are down the drain so am not in any perticular hurry now, as my interest and enthusiasm to drive the car has vanished. Now its just finish the car and be done with it. Patience has run to a big zero now.
now that is sad... but the moment you drive her out of the garage after all the works 'm sure you would enjoy it to the core and all that sad feeling and frustration will vanish: i wish you all the best and ohh yeah.. thats a majestic car

PS: advantage of digging out/reading older threads is like they are well written novel: but in this case the story is not over yet and eagerly waiting for the updates.
Old 26th January 2010, 00:10   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
now that is sad... but the moment you drive her out of the garage after all the works 'm sure you would enjoy it to the core and all that sad feeling and frustration will vanish: i wish you all the best and ohh yeah.. thats a majestic car

PS: advantage of digging out/reading older threads is like they are well written novel: but in this case the story is not over yet and eagerly waiting for the updates.
Ohh the story does not end here my friend. She just heads from one garage to the other. There is no sadness involved here only the dissapointment of not being able to take her for three events. The frustration would dissappear when i hear the V12 calling my name through the Wind and boy what a call it would be. Thank you for the compliment will pass it to her .

Recieved the Air intake hoses on Saturday and till now they have not been fitted on. It only takes two clips to remove and the new ones go in but yet three days and not yet done. What can i say????.
Supposed to recieve the Caliper kits tommorrow, so keeping my fingers crossed that they do arrive and are the right ones. The part you need the most takes the longest time to arrive.

Most Viewed