Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2009, 19:37   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
One wash and what a world of difference! Speedy, I can tell you are on cloud nine
This is how I'd spotted it only a couple of months back
Oh yes sir i definately am on cloud nine. Thanks to you, i came to know of this car that i thought was long gone along with another exotic the owners owned. It was 6 months and about 20 odd days ago that the quest to rescue this car started. You posted and i ran to the car .

The guys at Auto Hanger diagnosed the car and the engine is brilliant. The filters have chocked and accumelators need cleaning. They will let me know tommorrow of any other issues. Like i mentioned she only has cosmetical work. So side mirror glass (LHD) missing, rear emblem missing and the Exhaust has rusted.
The side mirror (LHD) seems broken to me as i could not find info regarding the side mirrors folding in like the moderns. So if you could let me know i would be grateful. I have seen W140 all with open side mirrors none even when parked with them closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
WOW. It's looking simply awesome. Even in the pictures the big imposing front is eminent.
Thank you sir. See her in live and the W221 looks small. I had the W220 and the W221 stand beside her and they looked kiddish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Wow, what a car! Congrats, speedy!

Lol, that's another picture we'd like to see!
Thank you sir. I let my heart decide and it brought home a winner.

I would have loved to have hidden cams take the expression and post it here for all to see. It was shock and total disbelieve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Speedy, you got THE TANK. Along with a Congratulations comes also a Thank You for deciding to rescue this majestic beast. These cars are what Mercedes stands for. I know she will be back in shape real soon and I really cant wait to have a taste of those rumbling V12s. Awesome stuff.
Lets add Monsterous to "THE TANK" Dippy bhai. You need not thank me atall. The three people who deserve the credit are firstly GTO for bringing her to my notice and giveing me the lead. My best friend Varsha and the Lady i love her birthdate (22) is on the registration number. 12 added is my birthdate and so a sort of representation of the three of us in one car. 2222 added is 8, which in chinese is infinte. Hence no matter what i wanted this car only. Its like i tell V that even on a car we are inseperable and a tribute to 18years of friendship.
In this coming week Dippy. Her service bit would start tommorrow and i do plan to run her to free the suspension, brakes and get her used to the road again. New set of shoes would be brought in tom itself. She rides on 225/45/18's right now but i would go to 50' or 55'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Oh yes yes, we've been discussing your new ride the past couple of days and cant wait to see it.
He did call me yesterday but i was completely tied up to reply and by the time i could it was late. I am there till 3pm everyday so before that is just hop in.
Old 1st November 2009, 23:21   #47
Senior - BHPian

very good buy there dude
that is the ultimate dream for me
a v12 S class w140 that too in Mumbai
Old 1st November 2009, 23:38   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
very good buy there dude
that is the ultimate dream for me
a v12 S class w140 that too in Mumbai
Thanks bro. Dont stop dreaming, i did'nt .
At one point there were around 8 or 9 W140 S600 v12's in Bombay. Today there would be 4 or 5 left.

Last edited by speedy : 1st November 2009 at 23:40.
Old 2nd November 2009, 00:09   #49
BHPian

congratulations speedy looks stunning.
BTW u bought a nearly 20 year old tank and paid hell lot of money without even looking at the interiors or cranking her up??
Now i believe in love at first sight.
Old 2nd November 2009, 03:45   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Thanks bro. Dont stop dreaming, i did'nt .
At one point there were around 8 or 9 W140 S600 v12's in Bombay. Today there would be 4 or 5 left.
Does this one have massgae seats?
Old 2nd November 2009, 07:40   #51
Senior - BHPian

hey speedy thats one hecka buy.looks really cool.these are the s-classes which the villians or the business men travel in most hollywood movies.
and what a world of diffrence after giving her a shower.
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:18   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
congratulations speedy looks stunning.
BTW u bought a nearly 20 year old tank and paid hell lot of money without even looking at the interiors or cranking her up??
Now i believe in love at first sight.
Thanks Akshay. 17 year old to be precise, she is a 92 model and came to india in 97. Oh yes you can say love at first sight alright. I went with an open mind and the thought to rescue the car, so did not have any expectations from it. One look at the registration number and i knew i am taking her home, so no point in Seeing anything and here i am with a clean dream machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Does this one have massgae seats?
It sure has heated seats and not sure of the massage seats. I have not gone into the buttons of the car. She has three Ac Switches and each has four setting button. The buttons are very confusing till you get used to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
hey speedy thats one hecka buy.looks really cool.these are the s-classes which the villians or the business men travel in most hollywood movies.
and what a world of diffrence after giving her a shower.
Yes Arjun. these were also used by the Japanese Mafia called Yakusa. Thats where my dream and love for the W140 started. A shower a day keeps the dust away .

Guys Business Standard Motoring want to feature the 600 in their Magazine.

Last edited by speedy : 2nd November 2009 at 11:20.
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:59   #53
BHPian

Congratulations brother! Awesome car. The color is perfect!
I am so happy for you. Wish i could see the car in person.
And she in in good hands as well.
Hey congrats as business standard motoring wants to feature your car!
Do you plan to allow them?
Old 2nd November 2009, 13:22   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Congratulations brother! Awesome car. The color is perfect!
I am so happy for you. Wish i could see the car in person.
And she in in good hands as well.
Hey congrats as business standard motoring wants to feature your car!
Do you plan to allow them?
Thank you brother. The colour is unique in its own right and different from the regular blacks that you see. With the Wheels it looks even better. I shall be retaining this colour for the car, if i do get her painted.
When you do come to Bombay give a shout and you would get to see and ride in her .
Yes they will feature her as they have done for most of my cars. The only thing i have asked them to wait till i get her in good health and drive her for a bit myself. So she would be featured next year only.
Old 2nd November 2009, 13:41   #55
BHPian

Congrats brother. This is one good ride. I never knew that a '92 Mercedes can also have a "V12" engine. Congos to you.
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:29   #56
BHPian

Ok brother i am gonna retain that offer and use it soon after you are accustomed to the car. And after painting it again i can only imagine it's shine!
Too bad we have wait untill next year for the BS motoring feature.
Take care!
Old 2nd November 2009, 16:50   #57
Senior - BHPian

Firstly congratulations on buying such a beautiful and in some ways royal car!.This car just oozes power.I have this small doubt.You said it is a 92 model so its the pre-facelift W140.So it shoudnt have the clear glass turn indicators.Where they replaced later?
Old 2nd November 2009, 18:01   #58
BHPian

You now have a Tank cum bunker to survive any eminent wars..and enough punch to beat everyone else in case of an evacuation.

Great piece of engineering. Will you ever consider painting it black?? Will look absolutely gangster!!

Was this car ever parked in the open parking space at Bombay Dyeing mills? (Hard Rock cafe / Shiro's parking space)
Old 2nd November 2009, 18:28   #59
Senior - BHPian

Oh my god! With the benefit of hindsight.. what a steal !! Congrats !! Fortune does indeed favour the brave.
Old 2nd November 2009, 19:09   #60
BHPian

Speedy congrats on an impeccable W140. I think when most of us saw the first pics of the car assumed she doesnt run anymore or the engine packed up and that she was abandoned. Glad to know she is in perfect running order. But whats the story on the car? Why was she neglected to accumulate all that dust if shes been used so sparingly to have only 70xx miles/km on the clock.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks