Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2009, 22:32   #91
Senior - BHPian

Speedy: This car has a class of its own. Always loved the older look of the Mercs more as i felt it does not deteriorate on age but ages like wine.

Also a paint job is imminent as it would get out the true efficiency and character out. Best of luck. Keenly following this
Old 5th November 2009, 01:47   #92
BHPian

This car can sure last you a lifetime speedy, my brother is a member of the Mercedez Club of America and gets a magazine by them every month, in one of the edition i remember this same model S600 was featured on the cover page black in color, the owner had driven it for 500,000 Miles with just general service and no engine repairs at all! That was the time my respect for the car had gone immense!
Old 5th November 2009, 03:01   #93
BHPian

speedy i am really floored by this stunning beast, love the low slung wide bodied stance..
really wish you were my neighbor
everything about this car sorry this behemoth is xxl and that is what makes it so mighty powerful,
it is going to be on my desktop for some time now
Old 5th November 2009, 05:11   #94
BHPian

Speedy, congratulations. I have to say I am very jealous about your acquisition. I missed a deal on a W140 S320 a few months back in US. I wanted it so badly.
Old 5th November 2009, 10:17   #95
BHPian

since i've read this thread all i can see on the road is the S ! ! !
theres a beautiful blue colored S320(i guess) in mahim at mughal lane.
its with WB plates. some one can surely find the details to it

once again Speedy sir
i Envy you.
i recenly bought a W124 and in front of your car,even that look so small ! !

love to see it back to her good old days.
Old 5th November 2009, 11:24   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Wow You own a bunker for yourself. You are darn lucky dude and have a great hear to tame this beauty. That we call it as passion.

The color is superb.Pls retain the same color.When it expected to come form garage?

My "5-star" to this thread.
Thank you. Like i have mentioned ealier the colour does not change, it remains the same. Auto Hanger since being the only service center for now, is overloaded with cars. So i am in line and am awaiting my turn. So this is taking longer than i expected. I hope the other dealer opens his showroom and service center fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
Brilliant car. Absolutely love the way she looks.Hearty congratulations mate.
Thank you sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
Why is the outside temprature showing 51 degree in the odometer?
The sensors need to be cleaned and set. So right now they are all hey wire and showing what they please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
The S500 was the undisputed king in terms of the finest car in the world stakes in its heyday. The V12 was a tadbit nose heavy but much the same beast as the 500. The last of the over engineered S Classes. While some people find its slab sided design odd I quite liked this car. This car was built with giants in mind ! You could lose yourself in the seats

Great car, built like a tank. Congrats, it will become a Classic soon
The 500 was a v8 and this is a v12 so four cylinder difference DKG. The 500 and 600 are way different, In terms of the power dilevery, the smoothness of the engine. The car definately was made keeping giants in mind and especially the rear seats. I am 5.12 and i look like a todler in the drivers seat . Over engineered would be an understatement. The car has individual sensors for everything. The wireing harness would be more than 10 meters long if you line it up.

The w140 S500 and S600 are classic in India already, due to the limited numbers. Abroad they are getting there. I can take it for the rally too under the modern category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadf00t View Post
Brilliant pick that speedy. she indeed has some great road presense.

Awaiting to see the final outcome of your restoration.

I am hooked.
It is more of a refurbishment leadf00t and not a restoration. I would be doing it in parts so first comes the mechanicals, second comes the paint and apholstry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR View Post
Is the top speed limited to 250 kmph? - Like most mainstream super saloons from Germany..
Can the limiter be removed? If possible then get this -

Edit:- She must be purrring like a kitten idling at 650 rpm..
HAHA i wish and you definately do . The car has a speed limiter and it can be removed by the service center. I would prefer it on for now as there is no space to take it above the 250 kmph mark and also the sheer size and road presense of this car is not made to do wheel spins and signal take offs, if you know what i mean. Even the expressway nowadays does not alloy you to take her above 200kmph. I am tempted though.

Right now she is not purring like a kitten but is a confused kitten who does not know weather to sneeze or purr. The exhaust has rusted and has to be replaced. Once the service is over, i can take her to get a new exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarz View Post
Hey there V12. Congratulations on the purchase. I just wanted to tell you that i saw two cars in your color in the past two days. One was the same model as yours and the other looked brand new. The new one looked like it had a two tone effect but the color was identical to the color in your pics.

Just wanted to let you know that they both looked spectacular and i hope your car gets back to fully restored condition soon. I know for a fact now that it will look incredible. Wish you the very best and enjoy the ride.
V12 ??? thats another member brother, I am speedy. I saw a w221 in a similar shade as mine and it looked good. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Speedy: This car has a class of its own. Always loved the older look of the Mercs more as i felt it does not deteriorate on age but ages like wine.

Also a paint job is imminent as it would get out the true efficiency and character out. Best of luck. Keenly following this
, the w140 sure have their distinct charector and hold their own with the new kids on the block ( W220 and w221).

The paint job is the least of the worries, that comes in at a later stage. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suped99 View Post
This car can sure last you a lifetime speedy, my brother is a member of the Mercedez Club of America and gets a magazine by them every month, in one of the edition i remember this same model S600 was featured on the cover page black in color, the owner had driven it for 500,000 Miles with just general service and no engine repairs at all! That was the time my respect for the car had gone immense!
The Magazine is Mercedes Enthusiast. I am a member too right from the 90's when i got my 170v. Any of the Mercedes can out last a human, if taken care off and no shortcuts are taken. My friend on his 123 has done 2 or 2.5 lakh kms and my 240d has 1.5 lakh kms and they still feel out of a showroom. Except the 170v the other merc engines have never been opened up. This is the main reason why a mercedes owner will replace his car with another mercedes and would be reluctant to change brands. My father is one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
speedy i am really floored by this stunning beast, love the low slung wide bodied stance..
really wish you were my neighbor
everything about this car sorry this behemoth is xxl and that is what makes it so mighty powerful,
it is going to be on my desktop for some time now
Its a 1.45hr flight brother. Not really the size of the car but the size of the engine that makes it powerfull, but i understand what you meant. Why i am honoured, to be on a destop you should wait for her to be complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
Speedy, congratulations. I have to say I am very jealous about your acquisition. I missed a deal on a W140 S320 a few months back in US. I wanted it so badly.
You can fullfil it here, There are 280 and 320 available. Its all in the family so no need to get jealous brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubin View Post
since i've read this thread all i can see on the road is the S ! ! !
theres a beautiful blue colored S320(i guess) in mahim at mughal lane.
its with WB plates. some one can surely find the details to it

once again Speedy sir
i Envy you.
i recenly bought a W124 and in front of your car,even that look so small ! !

love to see it back to her good old days.
Consider the details found Jubin, dont tell me you want to give the W124 and pick up the W140. I am aware of your purchase and there is no comparrision. The w124 is the miniature version of the W140. Your car is less complicated and a total work horse. When the 600 is ready i would like to take pictures with your car if that is ok with you.

By the way i am not a proffesor or a teacher. Please loose the sir. out of smiley limit.
Old 5th November 2009, 13:22   #97
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Speedy these cars had that feature of the doors pulling themselves shut when you just lightly click the door in. Is that working on your car? I think its a vacuum assist
Old 5th November 2009, 13:35   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Speedy these cars had that feature of the doors pulling themselves shut when you just lightly click the door in. Is that working on your car? I think its a vacuum assist
They did have the vacum assist door and it is not working in mine. I guess when the service and the sensor cleaning is done they should be functional again.
Old 5th November 2009, 13:46   #99
BHPian

Respect for people who handle such mammoths is natural so- Sir Speedy.
Love the W140, and your 600.

Met some one yesterday, he was pursuing the SP car I told you.
Verbatim as he said- "Average, Step on the gas and one liter petrol is gone"

So how many petrol bunks are you emptying.
Old 5th November 2009, 16:22   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
Respect for people who handle such mammoths is natural so- Sir Speedy.
Love the W140, and your 600.

Met some one yesterday, he was pursuing the SP car I told you.
Verbatim as he said- "Average, Step on the gas and one liter petrol is gone"

So how many petrol bunks are you emptying.

Sir Kavesh you are too kind.

Please do ask your friend to be prepared to shell out a hefty package as their last car was sold expensive so this one too would be on the higher side. Last i heard it was not for sale but you never know. I think what your friend must have or should have said is Step on the gas and she would return 1km per liter and not 1 liter petrol is gone. In this car one liter would not be seen also, it takes more just to start her. More than one liter would just lie in the petrol pipe from the tank to the engine. If driven light footed this car would give 3 or 4 km for a liter. The petrol tank is of a 100 liter capacity.

I have not calculated that Kavesh, but as many as it takes to keep her running .
Old 5th November 2009, 16:44   #101
BHPian

Well so thats a really expensive car to maintain. I do not have any knowledge about the W140's but never knew that it was such a mammoth to maintain.
It does the same Kpl as a Veyron!
Old 5th November 2009, 17:03   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
Well so thats a really expensive car to maintain. I do not have any knowledge about the W140's but never knew that it was such a mammoth to maintain.
It does the same Kpl as a Veyron!
Preetam what you mean is expensive car to run, but here you are right too. Thy are expensive to maintain as well as parts are expensive. Once you have spent on them and then the maintainance is just like any other mercedes. The only trick is to keep the car in use, If not then the expense starts all over again. All 12 cylinder cars would give a similar average. The only decideing factor is the traffic and how much peddle do you put to the mettle .

Last edited by speedy : 5th November 2009 at 17:05.
Old 5th November 2009, 17:16   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Preetam what you mean is expensive car to run, but here you are right too. Thy are expensive to maintain as well as parts are expensive. Once you have spent on them and then the maintainance is just like any other mercedes. The only trick is to keep the car in use, If not then the expense starts all over again. All 12 cylinder cars would give a similar average. The only decideing factor is the traffic and how much peddle do you put to the mettle .
Either way you have to spend!
So its better to either own a petrol bunk or a Garage for repairs.
Old 5th November 2009, 18:23   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
Either way you have to spend!
So its better to either own a petrol bunk or a Garage for repairs.
Add a spare parts shop too, what use is a garage without spare parts .
Old 5th November 2009, 18:41   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Consider the details found Jubin, dont tell me you want to give the W124 and pick up the W140. I am aware of your purchase and there is no comparrision. The w124 is the miniature version of the W140. Your car is less complicated and a total work horse. When the 600 is ready i would like to take pictures with your car if that is ok with you.

By the way i am not a proffesor or a teacher. Please loose the sir. out of smiley limit.
i don't wanna give away the W124 it would actually outlast me .
W124 is for keeps. i'm planning to collects mercs since i have the luxury of time now
and hey pics ! ! ofcourse i'm a photographer myself. just let me know when and get all your other cars along.

Most Viewed