Old 29th October 2009, 12:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

Pics Pics Pics Pics Fast fast fast
Old 29th October 2009, 12:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Pics Pics Pics Pics Fast fast fast
Patience is a virtue only a few posses brother . I myself would be seeing the car after 6 months. A few hours more to go, Pics would come in only tom as i do not know if the car is cleaned also. Like i mentioned before at 4.30pm the car shall be loaded and brought to my place.
Old 29th October 2009, 13:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

Now now you can't possibly put that on me after knowing me so well I think patience is my 2nd name . Anyway you need to capture all the photomoments my friend with dust without dust etc. Don't try to reform your fellow addicts mate, you know what withdrawal symtoms can do so don't make me come there now
Old 29th October 2009, 13:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Now now you can't possibly put that on me after knowing me so well I think patience is my 2nd name . Anyway you need to capture all the photomoments my friend with dust without dust etc. Don't try to reform your fellow addicts mate, you know what withdrawal symtoms can do so don't make me come there now
. I would try and capture most of the Photomoments and not deprive anyone of a look. I also have to get the papers signed so some moments would be missed. Your most welcome to come there at the said time. Withdrawal symtoms and you?? hehe, the car would be in your area a few times a week so you get to see it in live.
Old 29th October 2009, 21:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

Ok went there today at the said time but the flat bed did not arrive as it was sent elsewhere. The car after being washed and cleaned looked like a million bucks. I did have a look at the interiors and they were in an ok state. The seats with 17 years on them had developed cracks but no tears anywhere. The dash board and console intact with everything working. The car has the phone option and even the rear seat armrest has a reciever (incase you are sitting in the back and do not want to lean forward).
The side veiw mirror on the left side has been broken as some ignorant fellow while trying to park his car pushed the side mirror inwards and broke it. These cars side mirrors do not fold in. The left side bumper has a deep gash and looks like someone scrapped it while parking. The key also needs to be changed. The cover has cracked. There also is the front right bumper peice missing and i was told it contained a fog light. Now my question is did these come with one fog light? The other side contains the hook for towing. Pictures on the net show it covered and no car with a single fog light.
Now for the best part. We connected her with a battery and low behold in One self the car came to life. The gears engage well for a 17 years old and the smothness and refinement was clearly seen. The tyres are 225/45/18's.
Now for the unbelievable. The car has done only 7068 Kms in 17 years. She is a 92 model and was imported in 97. Pictures would come in tommorrow.

Here is the registration case and folder of the car papers. Each and every paper of the car is there. The telco maintainance papers and bills for oil change.
Notice the mercedes benz on the left side and V12 engraved on the right.
Attached Thumbnails
Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-29102009216.jpg  

Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-29102009217.jpg  

Last edited by speedy : 29th October 2009 at 21:40.
speedy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2009, 21:47   #21
BHPian

Waiting for the pics of the road-legal tank from you speedy.
Have you calculated the running and maintainance cost of the vehicle Speedy?
It wont be anywhere near the lower end of the spectrum i suppose.
Old 29th October 2009, 22:23   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
Waiting for the pics of the road-legal tank from you speedy.
Have you calculated the running and maintainance cost of the vehicle Speedy?
It wont be anywhere near the lower end of the spectrum i suppose.
Here is the link to the pictures of the car.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ml#post1308338

Whats that???. I do not do that for any of my cars Preetam_Korg. I spend what it takes to bring her on the road. If i start calculateing the running cost then i would not be able to use most of my cars. Yes i do agree it would be on the higher side but it will be all worth it when this baby is on the road.
Old 30th October 2009, 00:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

Cheers Speedy. NOW that is a great decision. I dunno why, but I don't see too much of an expense getting the car back to shape. Anyways, these decisions are never taken with an accountant by your side, they are taken more with a mistress by your side!
Old 30th October 2009, 09:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congratulation dude Speedy! Oh its like giving a life! Very good & appreciating job! Really proud of you!

It's a long time desire to have a try of the W140 S600, it's a dream for me from the time of getting my first 1:43 scale model of S600 long back in the year of 1994-5. So hope on my next Mumbai trip my dream could come true!
Old 30th October 2009, 10:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Cheers Speedy. NOW that is a great decision. I dunno why, but I don't see too much of an expense getting the car back to shape. Anyways, these decisions are never taken with an accountant by your side, they are taken more with a mistress by your side!
, It was more of the heart and not the mind but i guess the heart takes you on the right track. The car has negligible work involved and would be running on the road by next week latest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Congratulation dude Speedy! Oh its like giving a life! Very good & appreciating job! Really proud of you!

It's a long time desire to have a try of the W140 S600, it's a dream for me from the time of getting my first 1:43 scale model of S600 long back in the year of 1994-5. So hope on my next Mumbai trip my dream could come true!
It was a desire right from when i laid eyes on my uncles w140 s320 and was not allowed to touch it.That time i thought to myself one day i shall get a bigger model than this and not behave so picky. Many years on i have my own and the biggest of them all. So dreams do come true.
Any time Hani you just need to give me a shout when you are here. Thank you.
Old 30th October 2009, 11:35   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
It was a desire right from when i laid eyes on my uncles w140 s320 and was not allowed to touch it.That time i thought to myself one day i shall get a bigger model than this and not behave so picky. Many years on i have my own and the biggest of them all. So dreams do come true.
Any time Hani you just need to give me a shout when you are here. Thank you.
Oh so kind of you, even though I won't shout, I'll comand to give me the keys!

So you too are having a same strong challenging mind as me! I had a sweet bet with my very best friend sanjay (sanjay2233) when his dad bought the first Tempo Trax in Calicut, the bet was buying the orginal Merc G-wagen. Even though we were too young we continued our challenge when we buy the scale models. But when grown I started buying new set of wheels & he challenged me that it'll be him who'll first buy a G. At last when I bought the G, I didn't tell him, but told I bought a W124 from Delhi & he was studying in NID Ahamedabad. I visited him giving him a surprice by winnig the bet. But he failed me by saying that the challenge was his tool to boost me to buy our favorite G!
Old 30th October 2009, 15:52   #27
Team-BHP Support

congrats on the buy speedy. a friend of mine has 2, his family actually, but unfortunately they are not used now. it is sheer class.
Old 31st October 2009, 00:46   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Oh so kind of you, even though I won't shout, I'll comand to give me the keys!

So you too are having a same strong challenging mind as me! I had a sweet bet with my very best friend sanjay (sanjay2233) when his dad bought the first Tempo Trax in Calicut, the bet was buying the orginal Merc G-wagen. Even though we were too young we continued our challenge when we buy the scale models. But when grown I started buying new set of wheels & he challenged me that it'll be him who'll first buy a G. At last when I bought the G, I didn't tell him, but told I bought a W124 from Delhi & he was studying in NID Ahamedabad. I visited him giving him a surprice by winnig the bet. But he failed me by saying that the challenge was his tool to boost me to buy our favorite G!
Thats great your friend actually did it to encourage you. Mine was not the case. Mine was more of a you dont deserve to sit or even touch it. I call him my uncle but he is my uncles very good friend. Even though the years have passed and he has the new S class, Audi A8 he still remembers that and today i told him i got my own and his expression was worth seeing.

Yes when you are here tell me you want it, unfortunately i would have to come with the car since it would be my daily drive .

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
congrats on the buy speedy. a friend of mine has 2, his family actually, but unfortunately they are not used now. it is sheer class.
Thanks Akshay1234
If its the same person i am thinking it is then the 600 is for sale or is sold. The other i was told is the 320 or a 500. They normally tender their cars.
Old 31st October 2009, 01:24   #29
Senior - BHPian

Here are few pictures for the experts to comment on their thoughts now that the car is clean.
Attached Thumbnails
Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-30102009276.jpg  

Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-30102009277.jpg  

Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-30102009284.jpg  

Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-30102009278.jpg  

Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-30102009282.jpg  

Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-30102009283.jpg  

Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-30102009281.jpg  

Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-30102009280.jpg  

Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-30102009279.jpg  

speedy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2009, 05:31   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations speedy, I'm more the sure that you'll have her gleaming and people running behind you soon. The car doesnt look so bad some cosmetic stuff thats all. I cannot wait to see it in person.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks