Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2009, 19:57   #61
Senior - BHPian

Way to go Bro!!

Tune her up, get only the essential done now to get her running right, no matter i fthere are electrical nigglings, they can be fixed later.

Check the Air suspension, that's what usually goes bad over a period of time. No worries, i have an address in the UK where you can get these things easy. The second (or rather first) place to look for would be Dubai, there would be a dime a dozen W140 V12s to scavenge from.

Get the Exhaust attended to. Being in Bombay and not being driven for a while. im sure that would have to be attended to.

After the oils (Engine, Power Steering, Brake, Transmission) etc have been changed, the A/c gases charged and other urgent matters attended to, get your mechanic to follow us in the ML on the express way, where we shall take her for so that Gaadi ....as they say in Mechanic Jargon " Khul Jayegi"

The interiors would have to be attended to but thats all in the later part.
Old 2nd November 2009, 19:59   #62
Senior - BHPian

Sweet machine there Speedy Congrats!!!
Old 2nd November 2009, 22:37   #63
BHPian

Congrats Speedy. You took me 9 yrs back when I went to US for Masters and something I forgot over the time. I used to see a Russian drive this same model (Not sure which year) with V12 badge on the rear door back in 2000 and then I knew nothing about Mercedes or as a matter of fact big cars. I was very passionate about that V12 badge and the size of the car; There were days when I waited for him outside in snow just to get a glimpse of the car; and when he took his car out of the Garage, I watched him till the end of the road before he took a turn. It was enough for me to just watch him drive by and that made my day. My friends thought I was crazy but its something only few would understand.
I felt like it was "King of the Road" except for the fact that you dont have to write in on your bumpers like trucks do
Old 2nd November 2009, 23:22   #64
Senior - BHPian

That's one classy ride speedy! No fussy curves like on the current S,just a no-nonsense,solid,tank like design and feel.Thats the W140 for you!

The simple V12 badging is amazing.One small detail that simply accentuates the character of the car!

BTW are you considering getting the car repainted?! A little glossy paintwork and this will look unbelievably retro on today's roads!

Drive safe! OT..But won't the running costs run sky high?!
Old 3rd November 2009, 00:21   #65
BHPian

Woah, what a car to own! Congrats speedy! That Merc has a charm of its own. Hope you restore her to all her glory.
Old 3rd November 2009, 00:34   #66
Senior - BHPian

a great car speedy, congrats.
Old 3rd November 2009, 00:38   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Firstly congratulations on buying such a beautiful and in some ways royal car!.This car just oozes power.I have this small doubt.You said it is a 92 model so its the pre-facelift W140.So it shoudnt have the clear glass turn indicators.Where they replaced later?
It is a 92 and according to me she should have the orange glass turn indicators, but i guess this is how it came in the 600. i have all service and maintainance papers of the car, when in UK and in India where even the oil put has been recorded. This does not indicate any change in the turn indicator glass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR View Post
You now have a Tank cum bunker to survive any eminent wars..and enough punch to beat everyone else in case of an evacuation.

Great piece of engineering. Will you ever consider painting it black?? Will look absolutely gangster!!

Was this car ever parked in the open parking space at Bombay Dyeing mills? (Hard Rock cafe / Shiro's parking space)
. There are too many w140's in black. I would keep her in the same colour as i love her like this and she is different. Yes this is the same car that stood at the Bombay Dyeing compound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEM3R View Post
Speedy congrats on an impeccable W140. I think when most of us saw the first pics of the car assumed she doesnt run anymore or the engine packed up and that she was abandoned. Glad to know she is in perfect running order. But whats the story on the car? Why was she neglected to accumulate all that dust if shes been used so sparingly to have only 70xx miles/km on the clock.
The car simply got replaced by the 760li and a v12 again. The owner of the car who stays 6 months in India and 6 months in Uk. would regularly get the car started when here and have it washed. when he was not here the people never bothered and when the development of the property started the visit to where the car was became less. In time the car was forgotten and gathered dust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Way to go Bro!!

Tune her up, get only the essential done now to get her running right, no matter i fthere are electrical nigglings, they can be fixed later.

Check the Air suspension, that's what usually goes bad over a period of time. No worries, i have an address in the UK where you can get these things easy. The second (or rather first) place to look for would be Dubai, there would be a dime a dozen W140 V12s to scavenge from.

Get the Exhaust attended to. Being in Bombay and not being driven for a while. im sure that would have to be attended to.

After the oils (Engine, Power Steering, Brake, Transmission) etc have been changed, the A/c gases charged and other urgent matters attended to, get your mechanic to follow us in the ML on the express way, where we shall take her for so that Gaadi ....as they say in Mechanic Jargon " Khul Jayegi"

The interiors would have to be attended to but thats all in the later part.
You stole it from me Bhai. That is exactly how i am proceeding with the car. The exhaust has rusted and it shall be done by panchal. the rest is being done at auto hanger and then we shall use her for while before getting the other issues sorted. Dubai is heaven for the W140 and each and everything is available there. I used to see so many W140 600's in the scrap yards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER_SRT View Post
Congrats Speedy. You took me 9 yrs back when I went to US for Masters and something I forgot over the time. I used to see a Russian drive this same model (Not sure which year) with V12 badge on the rear door back in 2000 and then I knew nothing about Mercedes or as a matter of fact big cars. I was very passionate about that V12 badge and the size of the car; There were days when I waited for him outside in snow just to get a glimpse of the car; and when he took his car out of the Garage, I watched him till the end of the road before he took a turn. It was enough for me to just watch him drive by and that made my day. My friends thought I was crazy but its something only few would understand.
I felt like it was "King of the Road" except for the fact that you dont have to write in on your bumpers like trucks do
I am glad my car has brought a smile to your face . She is just 40 minutes away from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post

BTW are you considering getting the car repainted?! A little glossy paintwork and this will look unbelievably retro on today's roads!

Drive safe! OT..But won't the running costs run sky high?!
She would get an over coat later but in the same colour she is in right now.
Not really, high yes ut that is only if you drive her rough. She would give me just 2kms less than what my 325i gives me. These are guzzlers when you put your foot to the mettle.
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:28   #68
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If the exhaust needs a replacement, why not get an AMG / similar after-market assembly? Let the V12 sing
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:10   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If the exhaust needs a replacement, why not get an AMG / similar after-market assembly? Let the V12 sing
I am getting the Exhaust made at Panchal and it would have a mild sound to give her a soft growl. On my trip to dubai i shall get the original Exhaust.

The left side mirror motor has to be fixed and the bumper gash she suffers.
Attached Thumbnails
Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-30102009261.jpg  

Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-30102009260.jpg  

speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:26   #70
BHPian

Speedy, any idea about the name of the color on that baby? Looks pretty sweet.
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:45   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Speedy, any idea about the name of the color on that baby? Looks pretty sweet.
No idea but will find out for you. Have to agree the colour is sweet and makes the car look different, Wait till the tinted film gets on. The car will transform completly.
Old 3rd November 2009, 21:01   #72
Senior - BHPian

Congrats speedy, hope to see your car like this!
Attached Thumbnails
Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-99_s600.jpg  

sidindica is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2009, 21:18   #73
Senior - BHPian

A great car and a great owner too...
Old 3rd November 2009, 22:02   #74
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Glad to know that she was bought by someone who deserved her most.
Old 3rd November 2009, 23:21   #75
Senior - BHPian

The gash looks really bad.But she has bubbles on the paintwork too.A paintjob is imminent!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks