Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2009, 19:08   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubin View Post
i don't wanna give away the W124 it would actually outlast me .
W124 is for keeps. i'm planning to collects mercs since i have the luxury of time now
and hey pics ! ! ofcourse i'm a photographer myself. just let me know when and get all your other cars along.
So which would be the next Mercedes you would like to invest your time in Jubin. Do not forget the important ingrediant that goes along with tme,Thats Money. I think the 140 and the 124 is better for now. I dont have enough drivers to get the others along together and some are unrestored yet.
I also wanted to do a shoot with the w220 and w221 along with the w140. The evolution of the S.

Last edited by speedy : 5th November 2009 at 19:12.
Old 5th November 2009, 19:39   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
So which would be the next Mercedes you would like to invest your time in Jubin. Do not forget the important ingrediant that goes along with tme,Thats Money. I think the 140 and the 124 is better for now. I dont have enough drivers to get the others along together and some are unrestored yet.
I also wanted to do a shoot with the w220 and w221 along with the w140. The evolution of the S.
the next on the list is actually a break for a good 6 months or so
well your advise is words in gold friend.

about the photoshoot
bring it on i'm game for it.
Old 5th November 2009, 20:43   #108
BHPian

I apologize speedy. In my zeal to share my excitement with you, i guess i mistyped. But in any case i guess you got the thought behind the post. Once again very happy for you and excited to see you work on the new addition :-)

V12 ??? thats another member brother, I am speedy. I saw a w221 in a similar shade as mine and it looked good. Thank you.

, the w140 sure have their distinct charector and hold their own with the new kids on the block ( W220 and w221).

The paint job is the least of the worries, that comes in at a later stage. Thank you.

The Magazine is Mercedes Enthusiast. I am a member too right from the 90's when i got my 170v. Any of the Mercedes can out last a human, if taken care off and no shortcuts are taken. My friend on his 123 has done 2 or 2.5 lakh kms and my 240d has 1.5 lakh kms and they still feel out of a showroom. Except the 170v the other merc engines have never been opened up. This is the main reason why a mercedes owner will replace his car with another mercedes and would be reluctant to change brands. My father is one of them.

Its a 1.45hr flight brother. Not really the size of the car but the size of the engine that makes it powerfull, but i understand what you meant. Why i am honoured, to be on a destop you should wait for her to be complete.

You can fullfil it here, There are 280 and 320 available. Its all in the family so no need to get jealous brother.

Consider the details found Jubin, dont tell me you want to give the W124 and pick up the W140. I am aware of your purchase and there is no comparrision. The w124 is the miniature version of the W140. Your car is less complicated and a total work horse. When the 600 is ready i would like to take pictures with your car if that is ok with you.

By the way i am not a proffesor or a teacher. Please loose the sir. out of smiley limit.[/quote]

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th November 2009 at 00:16. Reason: Readability, too many paragraph space in between. Thanks
Old 5th November 2009, 20:55   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubin View Post
the next on the list is actually a break for a good 6 months or so
well your advise is words in gold friend.

about the photoshoot
bring it on i'm game for it.
Your too kind Jubin. All three S classes can be shot at anytime.

Now back to the W140. She is still awaiting her turn and even though it can take two or three days more i cannot take her to get her exhaust done. So saddening as it is i have no choice but to delay everything else. New tyres would come on dureing the service itself, so as to not loose any more time.
Old 7th November 2009, 00:02   #110
BHPian

speedy,words cannot begin to describe how jealous I am of you! WOW!! I mean WOOW!

It takes a whole lot of passion and love for cars to undertake a task like this, and you so definitely have it. Heres to this project's success and thousands of murdered miles on the highway!

Cheers. We're all watching.
Old 7th November 2009, 12:42   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronium View Post
speedy,words cannot begin to describe how jealous I am of you! WOW!! I mean WOOW!

It takes a whole lot of passion and love for cars to undertake a task like this, and you so definitely have it. Heres to this project's success and thousands of murdered miles on the highway!

Cheers. We're all watching.
Thank you, You are much too kind Nitronium.
Old 7th November 2009, 14:46   #112
evo
BHPian

Congratulations on a phenomenal looking car Speedy, the W140 is most definitely the best looking S in my books, though I would even be satisfied with a S 280!

The V12 ofcourse, is in a different league!
Old 7th November 2009, 15:32   #113
BHPian

i just noticed this thread. you have made an investment buddy. just treat it well enough and you will definitely reap the benefits!! have to say, im in love with that colour. have you driven it yet?? how is the performance
(and mileage)?? what octane fuel do you use??
Old 7th November 2009, 17:11   #114
Senior - BHPian

Awesome purchase speedy, I usually hate mercedes ( i still dont know why ) but this is the only mercedes car I liked when I was a kid and its nice to see that its being restored. 12 cylinders are anytime welcome
Old 7th November 2009, 22:56   #115
Senior - BHPian

I just saw the Analyze This & Analyze That pair of movies. Italiano mafiosi + sharp cut suits + W140 S500's = AWESOME !!
Old 7th November 2009, 23:44   #116
BHPian

S600

Lovely Car, Speedy. Congrats!
She looks so full and complete already.
Glad that she has come to the right hands. Some cars intuitively do.

BTW, the other day I saw another S600 with MH regn no 60 at the Juhu bandh. Was parked on the road outside the garage undergoing frontal touch up. Maybe you are already aware of that one too.
Old 8th November 2009, 17:02   #117
BHPian

There is something special about the W140, Congrats on your acquisition. I have recently witnessed an old W140 -S500 come to life in Delhi, I must say it has some charisma to it, it can still outshine the new S if properly done.

You have S-600 A real daddy for sure, Its a GANGSTA car .
Old 8th November 2009, 22:28   #118
Senior - BHPian

Had a chance to check out Speedy's tank today. I have to say that me and Spiff absolutely loved it. Actually a good part of the day was spent talking about it! Thanks a lot for having us guys speedy! Sorry if in my excitement I mentioned the word "restore" I actually cant wait to get the first V12 ride of my life!
Old 9th November 2009, 11:42   #119
BHPian

I am against the Photo Shoot with the W124.

It almost feels like you have something against W124.

I know which car should do a Photshoot with your W140 : Brabus E class V12.

Please do not make us W124 Owners look like idiots just because you do not like W124. :(
Old 9th November 2009, 12:03   #120
Senior - BHPian

You got to check out this gangster W140 from VIP Style Cars
Attached Thumbnails
Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-0aa.jpg  

Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-s10.jpg  

Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-s131.jpg  

Most Viewed