Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2009, 14:26   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Speedy- Does Auto Hanger allow customers to get parts from outside and they would have they installed/fixed? What do you estimate the labour charges to be?

Also, how reliable/genuine is your source, hope he gets all parts OEM? Please do post his contact details for our future reference. Does he import all OEM car parts or just MB?
Old 20th November 2009, 19:08   #197
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Speedy- Does Auto Hanger allow customers to get parts from outside and they would have they installed/fixed?
No ways. Speedy is Auto Hangar's landlord and hence, is able to get away with it. Any authorised service station : Buy & install the parts through them only.
Old 21st November 2009, 00:37   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Speedy- Does Auto Hanger allow customers to get parts from outside and they would have they installed/fixed? What do you estimate the labour charges to be?
No they do not allow customers to get parts from outside. They have a parts precuring section that does it. So if a part has to be brought down from Germany it will.
I estimate the labour charges to be Rs 15,000 atleast. Some of the parts not available with my guy would be brought by Auto Hanger at the cost price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil View Post
Also, how reliable/genuine is your source, hope he gets all parts OEM? Please do post his contact details for our future reference. Does he import all OEM car parts or just MB?
Most of the mercedes owners get their parts from him. Yes he has OEM parts and gave me my car parts estimate only after taking the Chasis number.
Some parts are with him in stock some he would have to order. He has all sorts of parts and it depends which one you want. My suggestion if you have to order then do it yourself.

Mr.Yogesh.A.Sheth
Ajit Auto Enterprise,
15-A.G. Street,
Opera House
Mumbai 400004
Tel No - (91-22) 3822484, 3876604.
Fax No - (91-22) 3866926

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
No ways. Speedy is Auto Hangar's landlord and hence, is able to get away with it. Any authorised service station : Buy & install the parts through them only.
, Yes at any service center they get and install the parts themselves. You just pay the bill at the end of it. What part has gone in is not for you to see and a customer is not allowed to hang around the service bay area either. They have a front office where you hand in your keys and take the reciept and leave. Auto Hanger staff takes it from there.
I am not doing anything on the sly. The owner himself gave me permission to do so. He gave my brother sights in U.K. where i can get parts and his people only told me to go to opera house to get the parts. Getting the parts myself was faster and cheaper than them getting it, hence i am doing so. I was also adviced to write a letter to Mercedes Benz Pune and Germany for an extended warranty for the 600. If the Maybach can get it so can the 600 .

Last edited by speedy : 21st November 2009 at 00:45.
Old 21st November 2009, 00:49   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I was informed by my friend who has a Michelin dealership t go in for the Goodyears. He said they were better than the PS2s.
Goodyear which model. RSA or Eagle F1? Are you looking for comfort or grip? Most German cars come with either Michelin or Conti.
Old 21st November 2009, 01:06   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Goodyear which model. RSA or Eagle F1? Are you looking for comfort or grip? Most German cars come with either Michelin or Conti.
I think they are the Eagle F1 Asymmetric, not sure about that. I am looking at comfort as the car is heavy enough and the size of the tire wide enough to grip the road. Which of the two Goodyears is better? The car currently has Continental tires. I am working a deal with Michelin for a better price.
I am definately taking account the price for the tires as i was told they ware off faster on the 600.

Last edited by speedy : 21st November 2009 at 01:18.
Old 21st November 2009, 03:20   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Guys i am not much of a tyre person and would require assistance. The car runs on 225/45/18. Can i up the profile to a 50 or 55. Someone was telling me there is some calculation regarding unladen and laden weight along with the body weight to be taken into account. It was too technical for my understanding and got me a bit worried.
You can go to a 50 profile tire. Benefits are that you will get better comfort and ability to tackle potholes but lose steering sharpness. I would NOT recomend going to a 55 profile.

But PS2 and F1 A/S are hiperformance tires and therefore not available in that size. You will have to go to a Michelin Primacy HP which is more of a luxury tire and will last longer too. Overall the tire will look little fatter and therefore less sleeker and also you need to make sure there is enough space between the wheel and fender. There will be a minor speedo error

Quote:
I think they are the Eagle F1 Asymmetric, not sure about that. I am looking at comfort as the car is heavy enough and the size of the tire wide enough to grip the road. Which of the two Goodyears is better? .
The F1 asymmetric is a brand new tire and is rated pretty good....almost as good as the PS2 and comes out much cheaper. (Hey every other tire is cheaper than Michelin) The older F1 GSD3 was a pretty crappy tire. Check GTOs review on that for his C220. PS2 is the standard choice for a lot of luxury cars today.

This site should help

Last edited by Mpower : 21st November 2009 at 03:33.
Old 21st November 2009, 06:48   #202
BHPian

Quote:
You can go to a 50 profile tire. Benefits are that you will get better comfort and ability to tackle potholes but lose steering sharpness. I would NOT recomend going to a 55 profile.

But PS2 and F1 A/S are hiperformance tires and therefore not available in that size. You will have to go to a Michelin Primacy HP which is more of a luxury tire and will last longer too. Overall the tire will look little fatter and therefore less sleeker and also you need to make sure there is enough space between the wheel and fender. There will be a minor speedo error

The F1 asymmetric is a brand new tire and is rated pretty good....almost as good as the PS2 and comes out much cheaper. (Hey every other tire is cheaper than Michelin) The older F1 GSD3 was a pretty crappy tire. Check GTOs review on that for his C220. PS2 is the standard choice for a lot of luxury cars today.

This site should help

The main thing you have to be concerned of is rubbing inside the wheel wells. The larger the aspect ratio the taller the tire gets.
Old 21st November 2009, 21:43   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont think i can go to a 50 profile tire as the car originaly came with 16" wheels and now runs on 18" wheels. The inner walls already are close enough to the body and with added weight would get a bit too close for comfort.

Quote:
No there would not be enough space between the wheel and the fender so hiperperformance it is.

Quote:

This site should help
The Michelin dealer told me that the F1 asymmetrics are better than the PS2's. The price difference between the two comes to Rs 2700 per tire. That comes to Rs 13,500 saved for a set of 5 tires .

Thank you for the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92335 View Post
The main thing you have to be concerned of is rubbing inside the wheel wells. The larger the aspect ratio the taller the tire gets.
Yes boss, aware of that and the gap is already too little. Add four people to the weight of the car and she would sit a bit so with a bigger profile the tires would rub against the inner walls and would ware off faster.
Old 23rd November 2009, 00:58   #204
Team-BHP Support

Speedy,

This is the first time I've seen this thread! (Pardon me for my ignorance) That is very impressive! It's amazing to see someone so passionate about Mercedes Benz and the W140 in particular. I haven't gone through the whole thread but I assume that the S600 isn't finished and brought back to prime pristine condition yet. I sincerely hope that you'll be able to get her back on the road as soon as possible! I wish you all the very best and all the luck you need!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd November 2009 at 01:02.
Old 23rd November 2009, 10:39   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Speedy,

This is the first time I've seen this thread! (Pardon me for my ignorance) That is very impressive! It's amazing to see someone so passionate about Mercedes Benz and the W140 in particular. I haven't gone through the whole thread but I assume that the S600 isn't finished and brought back to prime pristine condition yet. I sincerely hope that you'll be able to get her back on the road as soon as possible! I wish you all the very best and all the luck you need!

No issues Suhaas307, Thank you for your wishes. The thread was started by V12 and some part of it starts from the post in the link below and just continues on over here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ml#post1308338

The fact is i am passionate about cars and bikes (lots to learn about them) and not just Mercedes or the W140. The W140 is an impressive machine and still manages to make heads turn with its sheer grace and raw appeal. A car done well would put to shame some of the best Marques in the world. What use is buying a car to save it from falling apart if you are not going to bring her to life in the manner that she knew it. Its a lot of time research and patience, You must be thinking i forgot the money part but that is part of the package.

No she is not completed, but has just a few days left before she rolls her feet again. Prime condition mechanically but cosmetically she would be done after a while. The heart is more important than a nose job my friend. She has not run for a while and i would like to get her running so that i can correct any faults and then have her touched up, apholstry done and rubbers changed.
Old 23rd November 2009, 11:07   #206
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No issues Suhaas307, Thank you for your wishes. The thread was started by V12 and some part of it starts from the post in the link below and just continues on over here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ml#post1308338

The fact is i am passionate about cars and bikes (lots to learn about them) and not just Mercedes or the W140. The W140 is an impressive machine and still manages to make heads turn with its sheer grace and raw appeal. A car done well would put to shame some of the best Marques in the world. What use is buying a car to save it from falling apart if you are not going to bring her to life in the manner that she knew it. Its a lot of time research and patience, You must be thinking i forgot the money part but that is part of the package.

No she is not completed, but has just a few days left before she rolls her feet again. Prime condition mechanically but cosmetically she would be done after a while. The heart is more important than a nose job my friend. She has not run for a while and i would like to get her running so that i can correct any faults and then have her touched up, apholstry done and rubbers changed.
Sir,

Your post has so much depth in it! I can feel your passion and enthusiasm! I couldn't have explained it better myself! I'm glad that there is someone out there who has the passion, drive and most importantly, the resources to be able to achieve this! I'm sure that once you're finished with her, she'll be fantastic and back to her hay days!

I must add that she's a real beaut! The grace, poise, elegance, and most importantly, the presence she commands is beyond comprehension!

You've done to the car world, what NGOs and activists are doing to the planet! I look up to you! Congratulations and all the best once again!
Old 23rd November 2009, 12:38   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sir,
Omit this part, i am not that old or technically qualified for such distinction.

Quote:
I'm sure that once you're finished with her, she'll be fantastic and back to her hay days!
That is my aim. To bring her back to her Hay days.

Quote:
You've done to the car world, what NGOs and activists are doing to the planet! I look up to you! Congratulations and all the best once again!
Your Much too Kind. Thank you.

The car is running late again as some parts are not available and i have asked the people at Mercedes to bring them for me. I did not want to risk bringing them myself as it is part of the mother board. Here is the Main brain of the car. The mother board Censors.
Attached Thumbnails
Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-23112009323.jpg  

Old 23rd November 2009, 13:07   #208
BANNED

coming out good mate. super impressed, but then knowing you this is bound to happen... you still own me the w126 details, and that 9797 was sold for 5 laks to that same lady i was talking about. lol
Old 23rd November 2009, 13:40   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
coming out good mate. super impressed, but then knowing you this is bound to happen... you still own me the w126 details, and that 9797 was sold for 5 laks to that same lady i was talking about. lol
Thank you Boss. I thought i had messaged you the W126 story. Poor lady i hope she knows it is a S280 with the 500 badgeing, but not a bad deal i would say. Prestine car none the less.
Old 4th December 2009, 00:30   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Boss. I thought i had messaged you the W126 story. Poor lady i hope she knows it is a S280 with the 500 badgeing, but not a bad deal i would say. Prestine car none the less.
Speedy, you are coming down to the airport to get me in her when I fly down the next time

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks