Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2009, 20:03   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Really hope it is ! Just now saw the video of the v12tdi q7 on top gear s14e4.Awesome vehicle and loked pretty quick on the track also.
OT: haha, I loved JC's review of the car. I think it went round the track in 1:33?
I feel the RR was much better though.

Hey Speedy, this is my first post on this thread. So congratulations on the car, she really is wonderful.

I keep seeing so many here in Dubai.
Old 10th December 2009, 20:18   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Awful and ugly is the word, probably worse than awful. I dont fancy Japanese cars my friend and they get the least preference.

I did mention she is a V12 but of a different pedigree. She would only come home by end 2010 or first quater 2011 and i would be the second owner of her.
Are you buying KD's LP? On a serious note, is it going to be some exotic?
Old 10th December 2009, 22:50   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. The next one would be a 2005/2006 model so on the newer side.
The other V12 is there and all i need to do is give my approval and drive her home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
have a gut feeling its gonna look something like..
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Really hope it is ! Just now saw the video of the v12tdi q7 on top gear s14e4.Awesome vehicle and loked pretty quick on the track also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
Are you buying KD's LP? On a serious note, is it going to be some exotic?
Dont think anyone was paying attention. OK one more. She wears a shade of blue with Tan/saddle brown inners and sports 19" shoes.

@ Bivin your feeling is wrong. I did mention she is already here and i would be the second owner, so brand new out of the question. Have the ML and the Fortuner so no more SUV's

@ Shamik i dont think the LP or any other low ground clearance car is worth the price and the use. If i do have to go in for one then without a doubt it would be the 599gtb or the F430. I prefer practical sportscars the kind i can take to work and play without attracting too much attention. The likes of the M3,SL's, 650ci etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik-zza View Post
Hey Speedy, this is my first post on this thread. So congratulations on the car, she really is wonderful.

I keep seeing so many here in Dubai.
Congatulations to you too for the start of the automotive jourey .

Thank you. Yes Dubai is filled with the W140 s600's and thats where most of my spares stock would come in from when i go there. I plan on keeping extras of most of the common damage areas (Side mirrors, bumpers, rubbers). I have called for an exhaust for the car too and it would come with a friend by christmas.

Last edited by speedy : 10th December 2009 at 22:54.
Old 10th December 2009, 22:56   #259
Team-BHP Support

speedy knowing your taste it will be a merc amg. sl65 im guessing.
Old 10th December 2009, 22:59   #260
Senior - BHPian

Is there an old gen SL65 or SL600 ? Hmm you certainly piqued my interest now!! Spill the beans, speedy!!
Old 10th December 2009, 23:03   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
speedy knowing your taste it will be a merc amg. sl65 im guessing.
I was tempted for the 2008 S65 AMG that was offered to us by the company the Golden bronze one standing in the factory in Pune but i refrained. This is not a tuned car but a stock one just like the S600. In 2005/06 there were no SL65 AMG's available Akshay, there were only SL55 AMG's. There is a year before i take it and in that period if the owner decides to sell it he is free to do so.

@ Shamik the older generation did have a SL600 but only a SL55 AMG according to my knowledge. Like ihave mentioned in the past too it is a different pedigree to Mercedes as i have had an overdose of them.

Last edited by speedy : 10th December 2009 at 23:09.
Old 10th December 2009, 23:39   #262
BHPian

Speedy,

Congrats on your S600. Lucky to get a good one and more lucky to own one.

Whats the update on the work? The previous picture was a while before
Old 11th December 2009, 01:18   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by backrub View Post
Speedy,

Congrats on your S600. Lucky to get a good one and more lucky to own one.

Whats the update on the work? The previous picture was a while before
Thank you Backrub. I did mention the car has got her new shoes. We are awaiting some parts like the air filter hoses (2 peices), brake calliper kit and side mirror housing,which were not available in Bombay, so i called for them from Madras (Chenai). So awaiting their delivery. Once they ar put on i would take the car for the fiat drive on sunday and then on monday the car would go for the exhaust work which would take a week and then back to get the side mirrors fitted and the bumper gash fibre wieled (which could have been done immidiately, but for the lack of smartness of the service people considering they have the car for a month now). Then i can start using the car everyday. Oh yeah i forgot one or two days for the music system to be fitted too. Parts take a while and more so the easy attitude of the people at the service center is causing the delay. It took them 2 days to fit four tyres on the rims (mind you not on the car as the brake work is still not complete). I regret my disicion of sending the car to them, not for the kind of job done but for the casual and easy attitude they carry along. Its almost like they think an owner does not require his car atall. A one week Maximum Time job has taken them one month and still not complete. Only 30% done.
Old 11th December 2009, 01:54   #264
BHPian

Quote:
It took them 2 days to fit four tyres on the rims (mind you not on the car as the brake work is still not complete).
2 days to fit tyres on rims . So when will they be completing the whole work.

Will you be posting the pics of the first drive, or will we have to wait for the complete work to be done. Go for the first option
Old 11th December 2009, 07:17   #265
Senior - BHPian

@speedy: Considering your encyclopaedic knowledge of mercedes, I thought you'd know about the SL65 AMG of the previous generation SL. No offence meant, bro! Here's a link!

Mercedes-Benz SL-Class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If it isn't a Mercedes, what else has V12's in their lineup! I can only think Lamborghini! :P
Old 11th December 2009, 09:32   #266
BHPian

Quote:
I was tempted for the 2008 S65 AMG that was offered to us by the company the Golden bronze one standing in the factory in Pune but i refrained. This is not a tuned car but a stock one just like the S600. In 2005/06 there were no SL65 AMG's available Akshay, there were only SL55 AMG's. There is a year before i take it and in that period if the owner decides to sell it he is free to do so.

@ Shamik the older generation did have a SL600 but only a SL55 AMG according to my knowledge. Like ihave mentioned in the past too it is a different pedigree to Mercedes as i have had an overdose of them.
The SL65 was introduced in 2005. The SL55K and 600TT have been around since 2002. The SL55K gave way to the SL63 in 2008.
Old 11th December 2009, 11:42   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by backrub View Post
2 days to fit tyres on rims . So when will they be completing the whole work.

Will you be posting the pics of the first drive, or will we have to wait for the complete work to be done. Go for the first option
As the car rolls and i take pictures it would be posted. By the time i am through with the car it would be April. A friend wants the car for his daughters wedding. Long wait for everyone then.

Quote:
@speedy: Considering your encyclopaedic knowledge of mercedes, I thought you'd know about the SL65 AMG of the previous generation SL. No offence meant, bro! Here's a link!

Mercedes-Benz SL-Class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If it isn't a Mercedes, what else has V12's in their lineup! I can only think Lamborghini! :P
Theres only one person with encylopaedic knowledge on Mercedes and theat is V-16 (Gogi bhai), i am a learner and lot to know. I might have got that wrong in communicating. The SL65 in the previous generation were not available in India and as far as my knowledge goes were not directly or indirectly imported into India, only the SL55's were. Worldwide the SL65 was produced in limited numbers as per the link provided. Even in the current Generation SL's in India the SL63 AMG is prefered to the SL65 AMG.
No Offense taken brother, i am human and can forget or make mistakes. Its everyones knowledge put together that makes up sort of perfect .

Trust me when you know you will want to bang your head hard to the wall. Its like they say you remember the name all the time but when you really need to use it, it slips the mind . Hint again it sort of would take up a big space. Now this makes it easier for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92335 View Post
The SL65 was introduced in 2005. The SL55K and 600TT have been around since 2002. The SL55K gave way to the SL63 in 2008.
In India i dont remember encountering a single 2001-2008 W230 SL600, strange as it seems. The hot favourites were the SL500 and the SL55Amg. I did see a w129 SL600 in Delhi though. Yes i am aware the SL55 turned into the SL63 in 2008. Dont like the shape of these current SL's the previous one is better looking.
Old 11th December 2009, 11:50   #268
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Well, it could be an Aston Martin! The DB9 is powered by a mighty V12!
Old 11th December 2009, 12:27   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dont think anyone was paying attention. OK one more. She wears a shade of blue with Tan/saddle brown inners and sports 19" shoes.

@ Shamik i dont think the LP or any other low ground clearance car is worth the price and the use. If i do have to go in for one then without a doubt it would be the 599gtb or the F430. I prefer practical sportscars the kind i can take to work and play without attracting too much attention. The likes of the M3,SL's, 650ci etc.
From the blue shade, 19" footwear and the second BMW that you mentioned in your reply to Shamik Bose, I feel it could be the blue 645ci, which you had put up for sale in the classifieds section for your friend. But that's a V8 right and you are wandering in V12 territory. And neither did it have tan interiors, plus it's been sold. So what could it be?

Last edited by Jayabusa : 11th December 2009 at 12:32.
Old 11th December 2009, 13:35   #270
Senior - BHPian

A Rolls - Royce? 760Li?

Last edited by Unknownsatan : 11th December 2009 at 13:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks