Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2010, 20:51   #391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
So the wait continues. Damn!! And what about the other car? The one we talked about the other day
Theres always a wait brother, Even for a Brand new car off the shelf . The other one goes into paint this week and would try to have her ready before the so called vintage rally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akki_5 View Post
Keep us posted about the progress. I am waiting for an excuse to go to AH so that i can come and see you're beauty next door!
Akshay the car is not there and would not be at my garage when it is ready. Its is going to be at home, as it would be my daily driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Nice to hear that speedy. Happy for you. All the hardwork paying off,enjoy her.
Was just wondering about the torque figures the engine churns out. Can you enlighten please ?
Thank you. I have not gone down to that as i still have to get the car tuned and the little mechanical isssues sorted. What i read about the 92 S600 was it was 410 Horsepower with around 540 or 550 NM torque. The later post mid 93 models due to the emission laws came with 385 horsepower and 500 NM torque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92335 View Post
Good job!! Cant wait to see her in person. Did you ever pay autohanger?
They have not sent me a bill yet, when they do i shall see what is to be done. Time difference bro, when i revved her you would have been asleep , when you come down.

@Longhorn - Have not finished the tuning as the broken exhaust was not letting the car develop enough back pressure, so when the exhaust is done that is tommorrow itself then we tune and set the car and all the lights go off.

Guys the center box of the exhaust was the only thing gone so that part will be replaced. The headers and the rear box is fine. I should have it ready by tommorrow.
Old 26th March 2010, 02:32   #392
BHPian

Great job Speedy! So did you replace the ETA unit that was ordered. I still didnt get a clear picture as to what the problem was? Sorry if I missed it anywhere in the discussion. Please post some pictures, Its been a long time
Old 26th March 2010, 11:24   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER_SRT View Post
Great job Speedy! So did you replace the ETA unit that was ordered. I still didnt get a clear picture as to what the problem was? Sorry if I missed it anywhere in the discussion. Please post some pictures, Its been a long time
No we did not replace the ETA unit, that i ordered. Before it came the issue was solved. We did have time on our hands before the part would arrive so we decided to go in manually and try and find the problem. The issue was the sensor that was fused, so we got ourselves another sensor from a Merc and tried it on. Eureka the car roared to life, did a small test run in the lane and the car turned her wheels in forward as well as in reverse. I drove her to the Silenser persons shop and now she is getting her silensers done. The car has not been tuned yet so it does upshift and down shift with a delayed order, but this would be sorted. I shall have the transmission filter changed as i do not think this was done by Auto Hanger,despite my telling them to do so.
The ETA (Electronic Throttle Actuator) basically by my understanding passes the message from the Throttle body to the Main ECU unit when the accelerator is pressed saying i need to rev or move forward. If the sensor there is gone or the ETA unit is faulty the car would be running but since there would be a communication gap the car would not rev or run.

I have not posted any pictures as the car is still in the same condition. My Blackberry does not send pictures via bluetooth (tried everything but am unable to figure this out).
Old 31st March 2010, 10:57   #394
Senior - BHPian

Just recieved a bill from Autohanger for the so called work done on the car. Brace yourselves as the amount is Rs 1,40,000 (One lakh and forty thousand). This does not include the bumper painting and repair work. First time i have seen service tax for labour besides the labour charges.
Old 31st March 2010, 11:34   #395
BANNED

i saw the car abhishek. the rims are killer. i saw the car from far then i was like i had to see a purple car then went towards it to see the same car. change of garage eh ? hope shes up and running soon mate. cheers.
Old 31st March 2010, 12:30   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
i saw the car abhishek. the rims are killer. i saw the car from far then i was like i had to see a purple car then went towards it to see the same car. change of garage eh ? hope shes up and running soon mate. cheers.
Thank you brother. I shifted her two weeks ago bro. We had her running within two days. She has now got a new exhaust. Right now she is all dirty again and stands between two trees. We have called for the transmission filter as AutoHanger had not changed it. She requires a tuning and she is good to go. I am there every second day is the evening to know whats going on.
Old 31st March 2010, 20:56   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Just recieved a bill from Autohanger for the so called work done on the car. Brace yourselves as the amount is Rs 1,40,000 (One lakh and forty thousand). This does not include the bumper painting and repair work. First time i have seen service tax for labour besides the labour charges.
the nerve of those guys!!!! Wasting your time waiting for equipment that never showed up and charging you for it!!!. Seems like the S600's stay at Autohanger is like paying for a 5 star parking garage with no beneficial extras apart from the parking space. Sue them bro.
Old 31st March 2010, 21:29   #398
BHPian

The hard work and patience finally paid off. A gazillion pictures should put an even bigger smile on the readers faces.
Old 31st March 2010, 23:35   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick! View Post
the nerve of those guys!!!! Wasting your time waiting for equipment that never showed up and charging you for it!!!. Seems like the S600's stay at Autohanger is like paying for a 5 star parking garage with no beneficial extras apart from the parking space. Sue them bro.
This is India for you brother. You end up paying five star rates even for using space. I just found out they charge Rs250 for parking charges per day while the car waits for parts to come. Sueing is not an option here as the car would be impounded till the case gets over and by the time the case is over the car would be in the ground and my Grand children or great grand children would call her a Vintage old fossil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
The hard work and patience finally paid off. A gazillion pictures should put an even bigger smile on the readers faces.
Not entirely my friend. There is yet lots to do cosmetically and very basic mechanical work left to complete. The pictures of the car would look the same as the first day, and hence i have refrained myself from takeing any pictures.
Old 1st April 2010, 00:04   #400
Senior - BHPian

Holy Smokes ! So finally, Its going to Roll ! Congrats abhi, She really deserves such a caring and loving master. Best of Luck ! Do keep us posted !
Old 1st April 2010, 00:16   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Holy Smokes ! So finally, Its going to Roll ! Congrats abhi, She really deserves such a caring and loving master. Best of Luck ! Do keep us posted !
Vishnu bahi she already rolled a couple of Kms. I drove her to get her exhaust and srove her back to the garage. She did have some setting issues and late gear shifts so those have to sorted and then she will be full time on the road.
Old 1st April 2010, 00:46   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Vishnu bahi she already rolled a couple of Kms. I drove her to get her exhaust and srove her back to the garage. She did have some setting issues and late gear shifts so those have to sorted and then she will be full time on the road.
Yeap, i read that part. The Full-Done Roll was the one I meant. Next time I'm in Mum'bhai', we have to meet and take the Big Daddy for a 'Roll' !
Old 1st April 2010, 01:02   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Yeap, i read that part. The Full-Done Roll was the one I meant. Next time I'm in Mum'bhai', we have to meet and take the Big Daddy for a 'Roll' !
Like i mentioned before as well brother. The big daddy is going to be my daily drive, so where i go, she goes. Whenever your in town give me a shout.
Old 1st April 2010, 01:17   #404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Like i mentioned before as well brother. The big daddy is going to be my daily drive, so where i go, she goes. Whenever your in town give me a shout.
Running a 6L V12 on a daily basis going to burn some holes ? The ML sounds like a saner option for daily drives, this should be the Club Mobile.
Old 1st April 2010, 13:04   #405
BHPian

S600 as a daily drive? OMG
I am jealous.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks