Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2010, 13:16   #406
Team-BHP Support

Congratz Speedy awaiting further reports and many pictures!

cheers
Jaggu
Old 1st April 2010, 14:01   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Running a 6L V12 on a daily basis going to burn some holes ? The ML sounds like a saner option for daily drives, this should be the Club Mobile.
I was prepared for the holes, but on this small 20 kms drive to and fro from the Garage i noticed she was not dropping the fuel levels, considering i had filled 25 litres of fuel. In the day my father and me go to the office together, so only one car is used. In the Evenings i go to the club to play so from then on the S is going to be with me. When i go to the factory or outstation i use the ML or the Fortuner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
S600 as a daily drive? OMG
I am jealous.
Dont be brother, She only looks and sounds like a monster but in reality she is a dosile angel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Congratz Speedy awaiting further reports and many pictures!

cheers
Jaggu
Thank you Jaggu, Reports are put up as and when i go to see her and do something new. Pictures will follow only once i have her fully mechanically sorted out.
Old 1st April 2010, 14:07   #408
Senior - BHPian

Finally some action on this thread after a long time. Felt good to read the updates and cant wait to see her. Congratulations Abhi , things are falling in place. Hope to do that dash and back which we planned soon
Old 1st April 2010, 14:13   #409
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I just found out they charge Rs250 for parking charges per day while the car waits for parts to come.

I think you can happily strike this off the bill. If they did not tell you that they would charge this, then there is no contract to the effect that you have to pay.

Pay them what you think is fair. An settlement is always better than acrimony, but if they insist on being awkward about it... thing is... you have the car...
Old 1st April 2010, 14:37   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Finally some action on this thread after a long time. Felt good to read the updates and cant wait to see her. Congratulations Abhi , things are falling in place. Hope to do that dash and back which we planned soon
I have not forgotten brother. I am just waiting to have the car tuned and to do one small drive on the sea link again to see the throttle response and the gear shifts then we can go for the 200km drive. I would be running her for atleast a 1000kms before doing the cosmeticals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

I think you can happily strike this off the bill. If they did not tell you that they would charge this, then there is no contract to the effect that you have to pay.

Pay them what you think is fair. An settlement is always better than acrimony, but if they insist on being awkward about it... thing is... you have the car...
There never is a contract with the service centers. I was told parts and other things at actuals but here they have put figures that are 4 times the original cost. Air filter is Rs 1000 they have put it at Rs 5000.

The other thing is they are on my land, forget the car i can shut the gates on them. I do not believe in disputes and bad blood. I have given them a figure which i feel is right, not hurting their sentiments nor mine. A fair figure in between. They are talking to their supperiours and would get back to me.
Old 1st April 2010, 14:42   #411
Senior - BHPian

So technically speaking, they are billing you @ Rs. 250 per day for parking your car on your land.

Last edited by longhorn : 1st April 2010 at 14:43.
Old 2nd April 2010, 00:19   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
So technically speaking, they are billing you @ Rs. 250 per day for parking your car on your land.
A little more than that i would say.. Its more a give and take. I'll give and then i'll take .
Old 2nd April 2010, 16:50   #413

Quote:
A little more than that i would say.. Its more a give and take. I'll give and then i'll take .
Like this comment. I think once the car is ready and up running that will make Autohanger know how incompetent they are ....
Old 2nd April 2010, 20:04   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhasis_999 View Post
Like this comment. I think once the car is ready and up running that will make Autohanger know how incompetent they are ....
Will know...already know brother, thats cause i have told them so. We got her moving without any off the fancy gadgetry that Autohanger could not make the car move without. They just could not believe it, then they asked me how was i gonna tune her, i told them wait and watch .
Old 2nd April 2010, 20:15   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Will know...already know brother, thats cause i have told them so. We got her moving without any off the fancy gadgetry that Autohanger could not make the car move without. They just could not believe it, then they asked me how was i gonna tune her, i told them wait and watch .
Speedy Bhai, congrats on your patience!
Many would have given up by now.

As for the 140K Parking Charge they are asking from you, just tell them to close shop all by themselves, because they are not worth anything. Just give them a piece of their own cake and make them understand what it feels like! Treat them as they should be!
Old 2nd April 2010, 23:19   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
Speedy Bhai, congrats on your patience!
Many would have given up by now.

As for the 140K Parking Charge they are asking from you, just tell them to close shop all by themselves, because they are not worth anything. Just give them a piece of their own cake and make them understand what it feels like! Treat them as they should be!
No i love the car and its an emotional piece of machinary that i have grown to love, so i would never give up on her, no matter what and how much time it takes.

You seem to have got it wrong, it is not only parking charges but also the oil change and the removal of tyres, fitting of tyres and labour charge and tax on the labour charge and parts provided and the VAT on the parts supplied. I am yet scratching my head as too which parts, cause the parts they have mentioned have not even been done.

I have written to Mr.Albur MD Mercedes Benz India about this and also had written in the past regarding my ML. I have asked MBIL not to accept cars pre 2000 as they cannot handle it and their people need more than sufficiant training before they can service such cars.
Old 7th April 2010, 20:59   #417
BHPian

congrats speedy!!
great to see your decision didnt end up being whats called, a 'money pitt', and that all your hard work is starting to pay off!! cant wait too see her in all her glory!! please upload some pics soon!!
Old 8th April 2010, 01:31   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
congrats speedy!!
great to see your decision didnt end up being whats called, a 'money pitt', and that all your hard work is starting to pay off!! cant wait too see her in all her glory!! please upload some pics soon!!
I dont know what you call a "didnt end up being whats called a 'money pitt' . I have already spent around 3 lakhs and the car is far from complete, "All Her Glory" is yet a destant realty for her.
Old 8th April 2010, 02:21   #419
BHPian

Quote:
I dont know what you call a "didnt end up being whats called a 'money pitt' . I have already spent around 3 lakhs and the car is far from complete, "All Her Glory" is yet a destant realty for her.
Thats called resilience my boy... I is proud of you beta
Old 10th April 2010, 18:27   #420
BHPian

Quote:
well what im saying is some people end up buying old merc s classes and bmw 7's and end up spending more than the value of the car just to get it up and running. hope you didnt face such a situation. and best of luck with the rest of your restoration process.
Cheers!!

Most Viewed