Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2009, 13:02   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Speedy when I called him he said he is onwer and not a dealer! Is V12 talking about the submerged 993?

Whoever considers/interested in the S500 ensure/check she is not flood damaged and papers!
Oh ok my bad. Yes the Producers 993.

Had seen this car at the service center and it was fit and fine. The guys here also vouched for it.

Guys on 18th May GTO posted the pictures of the Big Daddy and now 6 months and 8 days later with alot of convincing and patience she is coming home. The car would be at my place dayafter as i am out of town tommorrow.

Thank You GTO for the Information and for the pictures i have used in the Gallery.

Last edited by speedy : 26th October 2009 at 13:08.
Old 26th October 2009, 13:11   #2
BHPian

hey speedy,
do you mean you have materialised on the deal?
if yes?details please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Oh ok my bad. Yes the Producers 993.

Had seen this car at the service center and it was fit and fine. The guys here also vouched for it.

Guys on 18th May GTO posted the pictures of the Big Daddy and now 6 months and 8 days later with alot of convincing and patience she is coming home. The car would be at my place dayafter as i am out of town tommorrow.

Thank You GTO for the Information and for the pictures i have used in the Gallery.
Old 26th October 2009, 14:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally congrats pics please.

BTW that 993 was completely submerged in 05 trust me on this I am in the know unfortunate but true came from the horse mouth if you know what I mean. What you may have seen may be redone well. She has also had one fender repainted was running with an unfixed shunt for a while
Pics would take time as i have not taken delivery of the car. Payment was made today as it is my neice's birthday and i wanted the reciept to carry it too. The car would be brought to the garage on wednesday.

I was talking of the S500 brother. The 993 was submerged and was done at a private garage and then was up for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
hey speedy,
do you mean you have materialised on the deal?
if yes?details please.
Yes the car is bought and just not collected as i would be traveling tom. I wanted to be there to load the car. The car not cheap to buy,not atall cheap to bring back on the road and definately not cheap to drive .

Last edited by speedy : 26th October 2009 at 14:05.
Old 26th October 2009, 14:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

Speedy you are completely MAD but I suppose every practical cell in ones body stops functioning when it comes to S's (W140). Don't disclose your price or else it may kill (read s#*>() the market mate . You are not anyway going to sell it.

Good to know that the S500 is not submerged now Speedy gift me a petrol pump or get me adopted by a sheikh who own wells and I will go and buy her right now!

Last edited by canonball : 26th October 2009 at 15:03.
Old 26th October 2009, 15:03   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post

Sorry, even tried searching but couldn't find out what you meant. What car are you refering to as the Big Daddy?
Old 26th October 2009, 15:06   #6
Senior - BHPian

He referring to the S600 which he has just bought and was first written about by GTO with pics revealing the fact that it may be sale. So speedy is giving GTO his due credit
Old 26th October 2009, 15:13   #7
Team-BHP Support

Just went to those pics of GTO's

You are a brave man - good luck in restoring this
Old 26th October 2009, 16:49   #8
BHPian

Congrats on the new purchase Speedy! A 3 series and an S600 in the same month!

Will you be restoring the Big Daddy to the orignal specs or restoring it and making it bling? Please say you're gonna restore it and make it blingg.
Old 26th October 2009, 23:05   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Just went to those pics of GTO's

You are a brave man - good luck in restoring this
The car was in use till 2007 and till two months ago was started once a week, so mechanically she should be alright. Cosmetically she needs some work.
Like they say Fortune favours the Brave . Thank you for your wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyking View Post
Congrats on the new purchase Speedy! A 3 series and an S600 in the same month!

Will you be restoring the Big Daddy to the orignal specs or restoring it and making it bling? Please say you're gonna restore it and make it blingg.
Thank you krazyking. Lets just say the S600 is cheaper than the 3 series.

The S600 would be in the same original spec she is right now with only two new additions that is a music system and tinted film. The car is bling enough for me and thats one of the reasons i fell in love with this perticular car. The other is an emotional bond formed with her and that is why i wanted only her .

Last edited by speedy : 26th October 2009 at 23:10.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2009, 23:40   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Speedy you are completely MAD but I suppose every practical cell in ones body stops functioning when it comes to S's (W140). Don't disclose your price or else it may kill (read s#*>() the market mate . You are not anyway going to sell it.

Good to know that the S500 is not submerged now Speedy gift me a petrol pump or get me adopted by a sheikh who own wells and I will go and buy her right now!
Have to agree with only one half, that i am completely MAD. The practical cell in the body did kick in but when the emotional side saw, it said i want. The price would not be out but i did get a discount on it, thanks to another S 600 that came up for sale. Yes but i am still catching the end cost to be the same as i mentioned to you. The car would not be sold at any point so it makes it worth the money spent. Like they say emotions do not have price tags.
That was the line my father used too. "Go get adopted by a shiekh or find a towable petrol pump"
The S500 should return 5 or 6 F.E. being a v8 and if driven gently. The V12 would give 3 or 4 according to me. My v6 sonata gave me 6 when driven peacefully. Listen to your heart and go get the S500 i say.
Old 27th October 2009, 22:56   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Speedy, do whatever you can to bring her back to absolute original shape. Clinical restoration. If you succeed, you will probably have the best Mercedes in India.

Congrats! You owe me a spin in the S600 once she has been brought back to shape.
Old 27th October 2009, 23:34   #12
BHPian

congrats Speedy! Hot car.
Old 28th October 2009, 00:13   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Speedy, do whatever you can to bring her back to absolute original shape. Clinical restoration. If you succeed, you will probably have the best Mercedes in India.

Congrats! You owe me a spin in the S600 once she has been brought back to shape.
She is in original shape GTO. There is nothing on the car that is aftermarket. She has all the cosmetical things that came as options. The tow hook cover that is missing right now from the front bumper is in the boot of the car.
I have already called for the rubbers and new battery. The car starts in one self and can be run in the same condition. Thats what i have been told, so lets keep the fingers crossed. I still have not seen the interiors or the papers of the car, so do not even know which year she is.
Tom when i collect her it shall be going to Auto hanger for a complete diagnoses of all the work required. The car shall also be repainted to the exact shade she is in now. If i get the green signal from them i shall take her for the FCCCI meet and then start the process to bring her up to speed. I do not intend to make her the best but usable is more like it. I intend to make this my daily evening and night car.
Most definately, that comes without question. Tom if she does not give me trouble i shall use her for a couple of days and then start work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff View Post
congrats Speedy! Hot car.
Thank you sirji.

Last edited by speedy : 28th October 2009 at 00:15.
Old 29th October 2009, 10:18   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Speedy, you might want to breeze through this thread; Team-BHP has a long list of W140 fans.
Old 29th October 2009, 11:17   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Speedy, you might want to breeze through this thread; Team-BHP has a long list of W140 fans.
Thank you for putting up the link GTO. Great to know that there are so many fans of the W140 and now i am even more encouraged to get this baby in the best of health. The expectations would have risen but i shall try to match it to the best of my abilities.

Today at 430pm the car shall be loaded on a flatbed and taken to the workshop. The injectors shall be cleaned and the old fuel thrown out and the petrol tank gets a wash. The mercedes guys shall check the car and if there is any mechanical problem it shall be fixed and parts replaced. If there is no problem i shall use the car for a few days to make sure all mechanicals are alright and the car also gets a run (suspension moves a bit). Then the cosmetical work would commence.

Most Viewed