Team-BHP - Pics: Land Rover Defender
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Pics: Land Rover Defender (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/6927-pics-land-rover-defender.html)

Hey people,

today evening on JM Road near Deccan a Land Rover passed me (miltry green colour),
a really old & what was even more surprising was that it has "Goverment Of India" written on it

It was very surprising, the car was very old (three letter number system) & dispite being pretty old the body looked to be in good condition, but car was smoking like crazy.

Unfortunetly couldn't get any photos

hah ..must be some MP's car .. how old could it have been ?
One of the news channels highlighted that these MP's put registration numbers of Transport trucks ...

Quote:

hah ..must be some MP's car .. how old could it have been ?
from the condition it didn't looked like MP's car
the reg no was something like MZF XXXX or like that

how can u say that it was a Govt of India vehicle?
bcoz if it was, it may belong to Amar Singh who has been reported of owning a Land Rover or....
was it a Range Rover..???

There is a white Land Rover Defender of the Govt. of India in Mumbai.

Quote:

how can u say that it was a Govt of India vehicle?
like I have already said

Quote:

Originally Posted by ME
that it had "Goverment Of India" written on it

Quote:

or....
was it a Range Rover..???
It was a Land Rover

Quote:

Originally Posted by adya33
like I have already said

It was a Land Rover

Land Rover is a company. Its models are Defender, Discovery, Range Rover, Freelander. So everyone is asking what model was it :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stratos
Land Rover is a company. Its models are Defender, Discovery, Range Rover, Freelander. So everyone is asking what model was it :D

thank you for explaining,
it has Defender written on it.

Govt of India has many models and makes of cars, thru its history.
Land rovers are no exception. I have also seen them. and they were I guess imported for the hilly and forest regions in the 60's. Some retired army man now in Pune may have bought it from a govt body. Dargeeling/siliguri/gangtok/assam/coorg are the areas where these were seen, so maybe even the number plate will be of one of those regions.
I doubt if the defender badging is that old though.

I had also seen one parked in a building off JM road once or twice. It is always parked there in the same building. Hadnt seen the "Govt. of India" badging though. I had also seen a beige Range Rover with reg no. MMF XXXX in the Westend underground parking.

Some pics of a Land Rover Defender. Have pics of another mint condition one too and also a 2-dr Defender. Will post them soon :

Was on the way back from the national meet, when at our breakfast stop, I spotted this BEAUTIFUL example of a Land Rover series 3. This was one with the 109 inch wheelbase.

I suspect it is not with the original petrol 2.6 litre engine (very few landys in India have the original engine, most have substituted Mahindra diesel engines).

What delighted me was the condition and the originality of it. Other than the wheels (I am unsure about them), the car is pristine, and has a subtle patina.

The inetrior showed some signs of wear, with some parts missing, but surprisingly, would you beleive it, the original factory-supplied Rover radio is still present!!!!

Enjoy the pics!!!

Hope you liked the pics. Do forgive their slightly deplorable quality, it was drizzling, I didnt want to ruin the camera, and I didnt want to get drenched.

Cheers,
Islero

i love it
i love it..
thats like my taste...

hey guys..............

There used to be a JEEP in Army long time ago.
..............JONGA......................
is that a product of Land Rover.???
coz the Dimensions n Built looks the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jatt
hey guys..............

There used to be a JEEP in Army long time ago.
.............. JONGA.....................
is that a product of Land Rover.???
coz the Dimensions n Built looks the same.

Jonga were Nissan Patrols. Ofcourse, they are not a product of Land Rover.