Team-BHP - Lamborghini catches fire at Chennai Airport
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Lamborghini catches fire at Chennai Airport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/70075-lamborghini-catches-fire-chennai-airport.html)

Guys some bad news . One of the Lambos caught fire at chennai airport . The engine got damaged .
Quote:

CHENNAI: Tense moments prevailed at the airport's cargo complex on Monday when a Lamborghini car, kept ready for loading on to an Emirates cargo
Sources said the Lamborghini Gallardo car was on a trolley when the mishap occurred around 6.30am. The engine was gutted.

Airport officials said the car (EX 431 GK), which was brought from Milan, Italy, for a demonstration at the Madras Motor Sports Club's track at Irungattukottai last month, was worth around Rs 2 crore. Five such cars had been brought for the show.

While the Airports Authority of India and the airline claimed that a little smoke had emerged from the car and that it had not caught fire, the police said that the engine of the car had been completely destroyed in the fire.

Sources said that two Lamborghini cars had been brought to the airport on Sunday evening to be taken to Milan on an Emirates cargo flight.

One of the cars had half a tank of fuel. Staff at the air cargo complex allegedly kept the vehicle idling throughout the night to burn the fuel as cars can be loaded on to aircraft only with an empty fuel tank.

A senior AAI official said: "The smoke activated fire sprinklers inside the cargo complex. AAI had handed over the car to the airline for loading and it was in the air cargo complex when the accident happened."

However, the reason for the fire is not known. "We will investigate the reason behind the accident because it could have turned into a major disaster if the smoke was not put out by the fire sprinkler system. Other consignments would also have caught fire," he added.

An automobile expert said, "Lamborghini cars are supposed to be driven fast. The engine gets heated quickly and the cooling system works only when the car is moving at a high speed. Keeping the engine idling for a long time will heat it up. It is also possible that the car might have been manoeuvred at slow speeds inside the cargo area for loading."

The car was brought to Chennai using merchandise passport called Carnet', which simplifies customs procedures for temporary import of various types of goods.
Source : Times of India
Link

An Indigo and a lamborghini catches fire :

The Hindu : Tamil Nadu News : Car catches fire near airport

Apparently, I'm the prime suspect in this incident. rl:

THe Hindu says the vehicle was fully destroyed:Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sathee46 (Post 1597765)
THe Hindu says the vehicle was fully destroyed:Shockked:

which vehicle are you talking about?

Hey Guys

Just read this article on TOI about a Lamborghini catching fire at Chennai airport.

Lamborghini catches fire at Chennai airport, engine damaged - Chennai - City - The Times of India

Quote:

Originally Posted by badboyscad (Post 1597730)
An Indigo and a lamborghini catches fire :

The Hindu : Tamil Nadu News : Car catches fire near airport

It says the Lambo had been idling since Sunday night and was done to drain out the fuel - it this the only way to drain out the fuel?!

I just read the newspaper:Shockked:, the vehicle was on idle since Sunday night. Aren't there many ways to drain the fuel? Who has to pay for this?

Lamborghini catches fire at Chennai airport, engine damaged - Chennai - City - The Times of India

This will be a serious dent for the organizers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14000rpm (Post 1597772)
which vehicle are you talking about?

I'm talking about the vehicle which is being discussed in this thread :)

Seems one of them burned up yesterday:

I saw a huge column of smoke rising from underneath the airport flyover when I was driving on top of it yesterday morning. Did not stop to check what it was. When I saw the headlines this morning I thought may be a car coming out of the airport had caught fire. But this seems to have taken place in the cargo area.

If the car should not be driven slowly or the engine idled for long periods, how can it be driven in our cities?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 1597764)
Apparently, I'm the prime suspect in this incident. rl:

Nitrous did you curse those guys? Apparently, the guy who laughs last laughs best. :D

The TOI report says the car was idled the whole night to get rid of the fuel. How moronic is that!

Lesson from this: Don't incur Nitrous' wrath. :D

Article for those not able to open the link.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRf1 (Post 1597721)
Guys some bad news . One of the Lambos caught fire at chennai airport . The engine got damaged .

Source : Times of India
Link

:OTLast year during the rains - When there was power failure for a whole night- we had our INNOVA running whole night with A/C on and nothing happened . I'm not able to understand that a vehicle which is 10lks could afford such a cooling system why not a LAMBO 2 crores could not afford one .

Sometime its better to have less complex vehicle which would do any JOB rather than an expensive complex machine with LIMITED job.

GUESS it is like our CEO - LAMBO ( cannot do all work but paid high ) and TEAM MEMBERS - INNOVA ( can do all work but paid low ) :uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilead (Post 1597870)
The TOI report says the car was idled the whole night to get rid of the fuel. How moronic is that!

agree:. They could have burnt away the fuel by doing something more sensible and appropriate, like say, a few high speed runs on one of those runways lol:!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbojc (Post 1597904)
agree:. They could have burnt away the fuel by doing something more sensible and appropriate, like say, a few high speed runs on one of those runways lol:!

They should have just asked the organisers to get rid of the excess fuel. Take unwanted risks with super cars and this is what happens.