Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2007, 20:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

must say looks very impressive
i hope this inspires many others to opt for limosines
india can have these too as cars for hire

Last edited by AMATMO : 20th November 2007 at 20:43.
Old 25th November 2007, 13:22   #17
BHPian

I rememember seeing the car a few days just after it was brought to Tvm around 10 years ago. Within a couple of days it had a brush with a truck and had a huge dent on the right hand side fender. I was a small kid (around 11)back then and was stuned by the huge car when i saw it after a couple of days near palayam (thats pretty much the centre of the city) luckily I had a camera with me (no mobile phone cameras or digital cameras in those days just my moms old olympus) as we were going for a function. I will post the pics as soon as I get back to Tvm. The only other time i saw it was when i was taken to technopark from my school (Loyola) to see some exhibition. My teachers were horiffied to see me break away from an orderly queue of obedient school boys and run towards the car park to see the car up close.:-)
Old 26th November 2007, 01:08   #18
BHPian

presidential suite on wheels??
Old 26th November 2007, 11:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

Yes, the car is back on road since sometime now. But now its back in the workshop

Its a LHD and is driven by some 60+yr old guy. Its owned by US Software i think.
Old 26th November 2007, 14:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

a very nice car i remember hireing a similar caddy limo in L.A. the car i am sure would be packed with gizmo's. this car is well kept and the driver must sure be experienced enough to handle the car with ease.
like mentioned earlier the owner on whose name the car was in is no more so i guess there would be no chance of selling it to anyone else.
Old 27th November 2007, 16:07   #21
BHPian

Ramon....i heard that the dent was caused by a guy on a scooter.....

The car was turning right at junction in front of him....this guy though it to be an usual sedan.

As soon as the car turned right this guy on scooter went straight...
Only when he banged he knew that it was not the usual sedan but a limousine and "there is still long way to go"....

Once i saw that the there was some problem with the boot motor. It didnot close. Since it was automatic it just went "UP" "DOWN" on and on and on....and the vehicle was moving....

Also came to know from sources that the chauffer for this car was given training by Cadillac personnels. They flew down to Cochin where the car had arrived then.

Also its damn fast. Once i was following this car to a resort in Kovalam in my Ikon 1.6nxt. i just couldnot keep the pace with this car. From stop it just zooms off. Its really fast....
Old 27th November 2007, 23:08   #22
Team-BHP Support

Lets get the story correct :)

There is loads of truth and tons of stories around this car

Yes its reg in the name of mr menon who is no more, and hence technically belong to US soft.

The car is driven by a lean old man and NO whatever people say he was not trained by anyone from cadillac, his last exp was with mr menons Opel astra before he took over these wheels

The car was driven down from cochin (if i remember correct) and met with an accident at one of the bridges near cochin with a heavy vehicles and thus landed up at the current garage where this car is worked upon ever since, a huge manual is the only saving grace.

I have sat in this car and started it and might have moved it inside the garage premises also but dont even ask the driver he is the most possessive chauffeur you would ever come across.

This car eats brake pad for break fast, thanks to added weight, by 10 k pads are out of shape. Has a onboard digital dashboard, which used to be oh so kewl

Built by limousine builders from hollywood which cater to celebrities in US, forgot the name but the car has the dummy plates of that company in its boot (atleast used to have). Has full fledged entertainment system with mini bar, coz of which some lunatic had filed a case against the car sayin it was a floating bar.

Intercom, separate music system for driver cabin, sound proof separation between driver and passenger side which is electric operated. Has LED lights running around the bar, which used to have loads of crystals also.

its approz 27 foot long Has a north star engine (4 liter) which is silent and smooth one cannot decipher if the car is idling or not, even with the hood opened up. Runs with head lights ON always, this is a safety feature built in by the limo company i guess.

Parts are hard to get, but since its a regular american road car (otherwise) are generally sourced from US directly.

To add to the story, yes that the driver who is steering the car in the pics (just saw that).

ps: i have edited more than once some part since my memory is not very clear on some aspects

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th November 2007 at 23:25. Reason: Just saw an old n familiar face couldnt resist :)
Old 28th November 2007, 00:16   #23
Team-BHP Support

i think these are the guys who built it Creative Coach Builders.co Profile Classic Limousines

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th November 2007 at 00:17.
Old 3rd December 2007, 18:14   #24
BHPian

Jaggu.... where do you live in Trivandrum???? Let me know....

Do you know the driver personally? And when did you get a chance to sit in the car and start it???

I would love to listen from you....
Old 3rd December 2007, 19:47   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
its approz 27 foot long Has a north star engine (4 liter) which is silent and smooth one cannot decipher if the car is idling or not, even with the hood opened up. Runs with head lights ON always, this is a safety feature built in by the limo company i guess.
All GM cars have this feature called DRL (daytime running lights). This happened somewhere around 1995-97
Old 3rd December 2007, 22:35   #26
Senior - BHPian

Good update jaggu.

Heard that the car was in the container for a long period before it was allowed on the road.. is this a rumor too?
Old 11th December 2007, 19:06   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep_vgl View Post
Jaggu.... where do you live in Trivandrum???? Let me know....

Do you know the driver personally? And when did you get a chance to sit in the car and start it???

I would love to listen from you....
My house is at Sasthamangalam, i was a regular at the garage and had built up good rapport with the driver

Explored the car when it was in garage, once when it came for the front fender and door replacement and second when it came in for brake pads.

Quote:
All GM cars have this feature called DRL (daytime running lights). This happened somewhere around 1995-97
Is it so, well i "heard" it was done by the coach company, have heard that Northern regions of America has some legislations for the same.

Quote:
Heard that the car was in the container for a long period before it was allowed on the road.. is this a rumor too?
Am not very sure, the car indeed had a long stint with law of the land before it became legal to be driven around.
Old 11th December 2007, 20:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
This is a 1997 Cadillac DeVille with a 4.6 litre V-8 NorthStar engine.
The light on feature is now a must for all vehicles including bikes in the US (from mid-late 90's I think) and some European countries.
The Limousine as we see it is not manufactured by the Car company but is an after market job. The only Limousine that Cadillac made in 95-97 was the Cadillac 65 (i think thats what it was called) which was a LWB Deville. It was a slightly stretched Deville.
These hugely stretched cars usually have all creature comforts and I have seen one with even a Jaccuzi in it.
Old 12th August 2009, 12:59   #29
Senior - BHPian

Nice car indeed.Many stories and memories attached with this car it seems.Hope someone can take pics of the engine and the interiors,would love to see them
Old 13th August 2009, 14:24   #30
Senior - BHPian

Have seen normal wheel based Deville's on MUmbai roads but this one surely is a monster.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks