Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2010, 03:20   #181
BHPian

first things firsts... Great ride Dante! awesome! congrats for it.

and after reading your entire thread, which i really liked reading, i want to ask you that since you were unhappy about the Bose sound system it offered did you at all think about going in for something more exclusive.. like the Burmester audio system?! didnt porsche inform you about that?? it would have been really great i think.. though very expensive.. but great! its offered in the most luxurious and exclusive cars in the world including the Bugatti Veyron and i read somewhere sometime back that the Porsche india offers all customization options including the super exclusive burmester sound system! and i think it costs around 5.5 lacs extra on a Porsche!

Last edited by GTO : 15th February 2010 at 11:13. Reason: u = You. Please avoid using SMS language on Team-BHP. Also, we'd appreciate your using capital letters where required
Old 13th February 2010, 18:17   #182
Senior - BHPian

^^ I never used to turn the radio on in my car. It has such a sweet sound of engine in the cabin that never ever I found the need to hear the Bravarian air waves.

@Dante: Yeah, it is the stress release toy, just like my layZboy actually poles apart.
I am happy to find that you rectified the rim, what kind of dye and pressure did you use, did you got it checked for fractures after the straightening process. At low speeds its ok to have short drive but I would not recommend you zipping with a not 100% rim. Take care. How much did they ask extra for the LSD or was it standard on S.

Cheers!
Old 14th February 2010, 11:23   #183
Team-BHP Support

Good to see that you've rectified the problem with the wheel, Dante! But Why didn't you get it checked and done up at the Porsche service center instead?
Old 14th February 2010, 11:27   #184
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Good to see that you've rectified the problem with the wheel, Dante! But Why didn't you get it checked and done up at the Porsche service center instead?
they wouldnt have done anything besides suggest replacement
Old 14th February 2010, 11:31   #185
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
they wouldnt have done anything besides suggest replacement
Yeah! I guess that wouldn't have been very feasible!
Old 14th February 2010, 15:39   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
first things firsts... Great ride Dante! awesome! congrats for it.
like the Burmester audio system?!
Thank you sir.
Porsche doesn't have the option for Burmester audio system. I am not sure if i would have opted for it, if they really would have had the option, because i love the engine noise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
@Dante: Yeah, it is the stress release toy, just like my layZboy actually poles apart.
I am happy to find that you rectified the rim, what kind of dye and pressure did you use, did you got it checked for fractures after the straightening process. At low speeds its ok to have short drive but I would not recommend you zipping with a not 100% rim. Take care. How much did they ask extra for the LSD or was it standard on S.

Cheers!
I made the dye and then used it against the wheel on a bending maching in my factory, opposite force helped the rim to retain the original form.
I did the balancing, changed the weights and the wheel is perfect now.

LSD is still not standard. LSD cost about 4L, i have to check the price again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Porsche believes in "replacement"! The won't even give it a look.
And i couldn't have given to any other person to reticfy it.
Old 16th February 2010, 07:34   #187
BHPian

@Dante - Sir, can you please throw some light on the ride quality of the car in detail. as I have read a lot about the rawness of Porsche cars and the ride being really hard and spine crushing on our roads. so how far are all those statements true and whether at all a Porsche is worth buying here.. for say a city like mumbai. and can you use it as your daily car?

and I know that this might sound stupid but I cant resist asking.. how is the handling really? comparing to something like BMW cars.. maybe an M3. or if you compare Porsche's own models like the Boxster and the 911.

and the last thing, did you compare it with any other cars before buying? like Porsche's own Boxster, 911 or the BMW Z4, M3 and the Audi TT.

Thank you. and I must say that the yellow colour looks the best on Cayman. very striking. like a sports car should look!

Last edited by magikrider : 16th February 2010 at 07:36.
Old 16th February 2010, 14:55   #188
BHPian

@magikrider - Yes ride quality is harsh offcourse! What can you expect from a Porsche? Its a sports car. Porsches has always been about raw feeling. They make hardcore cars which deliver optimum performance even from a six cylinder engine which compares to V8s.

May it be Bombay or Delhi its a harsh ride. You feel every bump, pothole, you feel as if you are stuck to the ground, sitting only 4 inches above. In any urban city it can't be a daily drive atleast not in India. Beacause the road quality is not good. Although you can use it for daily drive, if you want to.
As far as i can tell if you are driving for a continuous period for around couple of hours, lower back starts paining and the pain starts to grow more. Though better than a 911 turbo. But if you are a car lover you'll ignore it.

Is Porsche worth buying? (Suhaas, buddy are you listening?) If you drive it once you'll fell in love with it. Handling is superb, alomost telephatic. Its so much fun, it never lets down. Many a times i turn by a diversion at around 100km/h and it leaves the ground.
If you love it, its worth every piece of it!

Its been awarded as one of the best handling car. I won't compare it to other brands as it creates debates. But i had only Cayman S in my mind, no boxster, because i am not into convertibles. But i did compare it other ones before buying.

Hope it helps.

Last edited by Dante : 16th February 2010 at 14:57.
Dante is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2010, 15:11   #189
BHPian

The pics from Thane, one is from Korum mall and the other from Neelkanth Woods right?
Old 16th February 2010, 15:13   #190
BHPian

Yes prateekm, one is from korum mall, don't know about the other place.
Old 16th February 2010, 21:41   #191
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
@Dante - Sir, can you please throw some light on the ride quality of the car in detail. as I have read a lot about the rawness of Porsche cars and the ride being really hard and spine crushing on our roads. so how far are all those statements true and whether at all a Porsche is worth buying here.. for say a city like mumbai. and can you use it as your daily car?

and I know that this might sound stupid but I cant resist asking.. how is the handling really? comparing to something like BMW cars.. maybe an M3. or if you compare Porsche's own models like the Boxster and the 911.

and the last thing, did you compare it with any other cars before buying? like Porsche's own Boxster, 911 or the BMW Z4, M3 and the Audi TT.

Thank you. and I must say that the yellow colour looks the best on Cayman. very striking. like a sports car should look!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
@magikrider - Yes ride quality is harsh offcourse! What can you expect from a Porsche? Its a sports car. Porsches has always been about raw feeling. They make hardcore cars which deliver optimum performance even from a six cylinder engine which compares to V8s.

May it be Bombay or Delhi its a harsh ride. You feel every bump, pothole, you feel as if you are stuck to the ground, sitting only 4 inches above. In any urban city it can't be a daily drive atleast not in India. Beacause the road quality is not good. Although you can use it for daily drive, if you want to.
As far as i can tell if you are driving for a continuous period for around couple of hours, lower back starts paining and the pain starts to grow more. Though better than a 911 turbo. But if you are a car lover you'll ignore it.

Is Porsche worth buying? (Suhaas, buddy are you listening?) If you drive it once you'll fell in love with it. Handling is superb, alomost telephatic. Its so much fun, it never lets down. Many a times i turn by a diversion at around 100km/h and it leaves the ground.
If you love it, its worth every piece of it!

Its been awarded as one of the best handling car. I won't compare it to other brands as it creates debates. But i had only Cayman S in my mind, no boxster, because i am not into convertibles. But i did compare it other ones before buying.

Hope it helps.
I've never owned or driven a Porsche. And that's how it's going to be for sometime! I'm still a student you see. But there is one thing that I can vouch for. And that's that Porsches are the best handling cars on this planet. Period.

Yes, there are cars like the Lotus Elise, the M3 and even some serious exotica, but nothing comes close to the sensation that a Porsche can deliver. I've been driven in one in Thailand and it's a feeling that I'll never forget. Taking a car around a corner at a hundred miles is one thing. Sticking to the line while doing so without so much as a twitch is something else. And you can keep doing it day in and day out and it will do the drill without a squeak!

Yes Dante, I'm listening!
Old 11th March 2010, 18:14   #192

Dante,

Did you consider the aftermarket exhausts? I have heard about Borla and Capristo exhausts but not sure if they are available in India and can be fitted well onto the car by someone here
Old 31st August 2010, 18:05   #193
Senior - BHPian

Hi Dante,
Its been a longtime since your last update. I am sure you are having fun with car rather coming online and discussing about it.

We are all ears for your moments with the car.

Cheers!
Old 3rd September 2010, 15:57   #194
BHPian

Hello snip3r.

Cayman is doing great. 9 months and not even 5000km yet!

Bad news is a couple of weeks ago had a tire break down. Was doing 120k something and after a turn suddenly heard wobbling noises and i knew i had a tire flat.

Got down only to realise tire was cut in to two pieces! Had to call a pallet truck, towed it back to house around 3 at night!
I saw a nail in the tire. But was shocked as such thing can happen.

High speeds, low ride and engine noise makes it difficult to catch a flat in a sports car.

I had no idea how it happened. But i guess very low air and pressure created due to high speed, tore apart the tire.

Having no spare tire is horrendous and now it is a nightmare for me.

Last edited by Dante : 3rd September 2010 at 16:04.
Old 3rd September 2010, 16:36   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Hello snip3r.

Cayman is doing great. 9 months and not even 5000km yet!

Bad news is a couple of weeks ago had a tire break down. Was doing 120k something and after a turn suddenly heard wobbling noises and i knew i had a tire flat.

Got down only to realise tire was cut in to two pieces! Had to call a pallet truck, towed it back to house around 3 at night!
I saw a nail in the tire. But was shocked as such thing can happen.

High speeds, low ride and engine noise makes it difficult to catch a flat in a sports car.

I had no idea how it happened. But i guess very low air and pressure created due to high speed, tore apart the tire.

Having no spare tire is horrendous and now it is a nightmare for me.
Doesnt the cayman has TPM's to monitor flat tyres?

I had a flat tyre on the Z4 yesterday and the TPM showed that up. And guess what it wasnt even a nail. The puncture was due to a small stone (maybe half a inch or smaller) . And there were many other noticable cuts on the tyre due to stones.

On the low profile i beleive the rubber is very thin compared to conventional tyres. From the tyre i saw yesterday i think i will need to replace all 4 tyres every 6 months.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks