Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2009, 19:53   #16
BHPian

awesome choice dante time to MOD it now
Old 12th December 2009, 21:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

congrats buddy and im very very sure you will absolutely love it.
Do post updates of any engine modifications on the car
Old 12th December 2009, 21:59   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Brilliant choice ! Congrats ! Have read reviews that the new cayman is equal if not better than the 911 in most cases. What did the OTR price come up to?
Old 12th December 2009, 23:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Dante, I remember when you told me you're getting a Porsche soon. I am extremely happy for you and something tell's me we are going to meet very soon!
Old 13th December 2009, 00:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Dante & great choice I must say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetik View Post
awesome choice dante time to MOD it now
Arrey Kinetik, let him at least enjoy her in stock form first.
Old 13th December 2009, 01:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

Well done Dante! Drive her well and keep safe!

Oh and...

:P
Attached Thumbnails
My Porsche 987 Cayman S Gen II-thread-useless-without-pichers.jpg  

kbk_75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2009, 11:38   #22
BHPian

Thanks a ton guys. Thank you very much.

Earning a Porsche wasn't easy. I had to work my b*** off. The waiting period was a big pain as well.
I ordered my cayman S in the month of April. Second installment was given at the end of may, since i was told that production only starts in the month of june. But since i gave my advance, i was told that i would get the delivery of the car before sep 7th. So waiting period was 4 months. But then i get the news that the germany production plant is closed in the month of august and then the car is delayed not for 1 month but 2 months!

Many conversations happend between me and Porsche but what best could i have done else than waiting? Many false commitments, sometimes i was assured delivery before 15th Nov then some else date. Finally i got my car after 7 and half months in December.

Porsche has very strict terms and conditions.
The dealer does not guarantee the delivery date of the vehicle. (So even if they delay it for an year you couldn't do a damn to them, you can't argue, there's nothing you can do but just sit and pray that the car arrives soon)
60% has to be paid as advance and 40% on confirmation of VIN number, not on delivery, mind you.
After all 100% payment has been made, car goes in shipment and is deliverd after a month.

The cost of the car can be changed without prior notice, as such in the case of civil war, natural calamity, etc. (that did feared me)
The car can only be cancelled within 7 days of booking, after that not even a single penny would be refunded.
(so if the car is delayed by lets say 3-4 months, you cannot threaten them to cancel the car.

Last edited by Dante : 13th December 2009 at 11:39.
Old 13th December 2009, 12:44   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
Awesome! Now some pics please. What colour is your S?
Thank you. As soon as i get the delivery i'll post the pics. The color is Speed yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
Congrats on getting one of the best handlers!! does this have a DCT? do update us with an initial impressions report.
Thank you. No DCT but pdk (Porsche Doppelkupplungsgetriebe).

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
wow! Congratulations! The Cayman S is a brilliant car and is easy to drive too. The 2010 model also looks better. You seem to be a Porsche fan but didn't you look at other options like the M3?
Eagerly waiting for the pics!
Thank you very much. M3 - Not really. Even though i was getting the M3 for a lesser price at around 75L i opted for Cayman S. Albeit there is only 0.3 secs difference in 0-100 in Cayman S and M3. Its not always about straight line accleration, it's about fun. And i had much fun in Cayman S than M3, but then again M3 is a great car no doubt. Plus i never needed four seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
congrats dante! Really a great car you've got yourself there
Did you consider buying the M3?
Also, will this be a daily drive or?

Can't wait for the pics!
Thannk you sir. Your M3 answer is above
No daily drive. Mostly at night when i come back from office and on weekends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Congratulations Dante, an excelent choice made . The Cayman S is a wonderful car to drive and the handleing is as good or better than any bigger sports cars, plenty of mods available for it. One of my favourites and a car i would prefer to own from the porsche stable. The Cayman i would call a sports car worth the money spent.
Could we have more details as to the colour both external and interiors with the options chosen etc?.
Thank you very much brother. Yes i know there are tons of mods available for it. TPC racing is the best. With little mods like a IPD plenum, Exhaust and ECU remap it can transform.
I would write the details at the end of the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
4 more days before you get it in your hands, well how are you going to sleep these days

congrats on one of the finest machine, are the interior options customizable ?
Thanks a lot. 4 days? Imagine i have waited for 7 and half months.
Yes every option is customizable from seat stiching to brake calliper colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL View Post
Congratulations! What colour?
Thank you. Its speed yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Wow!!! Whoa!!! Awwwwweeeesome Dude!!!

I told you I will say that

Congratulations, I thought it was already delivered yesterday and that you must be having great time with the car that you did not post it.

We are in for a treat if Dante is available online
If its tough to wait then search for Dante's posts at other threads he has already mentioned part of his car spec.

Have a great time.
Thank you very much brother. You can come for a ride anytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
congrats buddy and im very very sure you will absolutely love it.
Do post updates of any engine modifications on the car
I want to mod it, but very busy u in my business itself so i don't think i'll do it anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Brilliant choice ! Congrats ! Have read reviews that the new cayman is equal if not better than the 911 in most cases. What did the OTR price come up to?
Thank you sir. Thats the reason i chose it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Congratulations Dante, I remember when you told me you're getting a Porsche soon. I am extremely happy for you and something tell's me we are going to meet very soon!
Thank you my friend. Please do come any time.

The interior is beige. Now i know many of you won't approve of me on my choice but i have seen the combination and when i post the pics you'll have the idea. The car would look pretty much like this : -

P.S. - I would be more than happy if anyone wish to have a ride in my car. You all are more than welcomed. Give me a call anythime.
Thank you.

My Porsche 987 Cayman S Gen II-02-yellow-gorgeous.jpg

Last edited by Dippy : 19th October 2010 at 19:17. Reason: On request
Dante is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2009, 13:40   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Dante, I'm sure she'll look sweet! Have fun!

P.S. Just curious, why not the manual?
Old 13th December 2009, 15:05   #25
Senior - BHPian

And what's not to approve in that? That Cayman looks sweet! BTW, what's the Ex-showroom cost on the Cayman S? How much does the PDK add to the base price?
Old 13th December 2009, 15:18   #26
BHPian

Congrats! Will the India imports have higher GC vis-a-vis counterparts for the developed world and are there any india specific mods for the Porsches?
Old 13th December 2009, 18:04   #27
BHPian

Congratulations Dante. One exclusively exclusive choice. My pick also from the Porsche stable.
Old 13th December 2009, 18:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy brother. And does the interiors get hints of Yellow ?, Can't wait for the pics.
Old 13th December 2009, 19:44   #29
BHPian

Hey Dante, AWESOME choice man! Amazing color as well, Speed Yellow. It'll make your car stand out in the crowd. Eagerly waiting for more pics! If you don't mind, can you post a detailed list of all the options you ticked for your car?
Old 13th December 2009, 19:53   #30
BANNED

Terms and conditions for booking looks like VW's Sokda division has taken over Porsche.

Apologies for a very dumb question, but the fact is that I do not spend too much time on what I cannot afford; but what did Porsche launch at Dubai within last 5 days? I am told that there was some "launch mela" and a large number of customers were given test drives of the newly launched Porsche.

The big question - around 40 nos of the newly launched model were driven for several hundreds of KMs in a single day, by prospective customers. What happens to the TD vehicles?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks