Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2009, 23:25   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Congrats Dante & great choice I must say.

Arrey Kinetik, let him at least enjoy her in stock form first.

Arrey sorry yaar, after reading ecks posts I think all cars should be moded and individualized as soon as purchased :P
Old 13th December 2009, 23:51   #32
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Dante!

Why haven't you opted for a manual? I thought that was your initial intention?
Old 13th December 2009, 23:57   #33
BHPian

Good stuff Dante. Did you opt for any of the Porsche exclusive bits? Why'd you get the PDK?

Let's compare notes when you get the car.
Old 14th December 2009, 12:12   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Congratulations Dante, I'm sure she'll look sweet! Have fun!

P.S. Just curious, why not the manual?
Thank you. Did i wrote by mistake that i have pdk? I'd like to correct, i have ordered manual tranny. I love manuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
Congrats! Will the India imports have higher GC vis-a-vis counterparts for the developed world and are there any india specific mods for the Porsches?
Thanks. The problem is Cayman S even lower ground clearance than Base carrera. I am pretty worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyMan View Post
Congratulations Dante. One exclusively exclusive choice. My pick also from the Porsche stable.
Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Congrats on the buy brother. And does the interiors get hints of Yellow ?, Can't wait for the pics.
Thank you brother. No hints of yellow. Beige gives so much luxury feel. I find black kind of dull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
Hey Dante, AWESOME choice man! Amazing color as well, Speed Yellow. It'll make your car stand out in the crowd. Eagerly waiting for more pics! If you don't mind, can you post a detailed list of all the options you ticked for your car?
Thanks alot. I'll post such exotic pics that have never been clicked on T-bhp. I'll write down my options at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Terms and conditions for booking looks like VW's Sokda division has taken over Porsche.

Apologies for a very dumb question, but the fact is that I do not spend too much time on what I cannot afford; but what did Porsche launch at Dubai within last 5 days? I am told that there was some "launch mela" and a large number of customers were given test drives of the newly launched Porsche.

The big question - around 40 nos of the newly launched model were driven for several hundreds of KMs in a single day, by prospective customers. What happens to the TD vehicles?
Sorry sir. I don't know of such thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Congratulations Dante!

Why haven't you opted for a manual? I thought that was your initial intention?
Thanks. Offcourse i have manual tranny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Good stuff Dante. Did you opt for any of the Porsche exclusive bits? Why'd you get the PDK?

Let's compare notes when you get the car.
Thank you. I have optioned manual transmission.

Exterior color - Speed yellow
Interior - Beige

Options -
Floor mats
Sound package plus
Universal audio interface
wheel center set
sport shifter

I didn't opted for pdk because i love manuals. I would have got pdk, if porsche had given proper paddle shifters instead of the lousy buttons for shifting on steering wheel.

Not even single rupee of discount from Porsche. Not even complimented floor mats.

Sound system is crap. Even bose which is optional for 1.5L is crap with mainly bass but no mid-range punch.
So i opted for sound package plus which was Harmon cardon and is cheaper and added 9 speakers, since i'll swap in a 4 channel amp in order to get a good sound.

The standard seats have manual adjustment control! The standard seats do not have the comfort of heating or cooling effect, it is optional. No xenon lamps, because they are optional. In short you just get a car with an engine and name Porsche for all those money, everything else is optional.

I wanted to paint the wheels black because it transforms the car to a very mean looking machine.
But i found it a tad expansive since Porsche quoted me a 1.5L for it.
In a couple of weeks i'll paint the wheels to black. May be from Navneet motors. If you guys know someone better who could be good with painting the wheels please tell me.

And in next four-five months i am thinking of adding a exhaust system, maybe Borla or remus. Have heard borla adding 15-20+ hp. I even love Capristo but it would be very loud, travelling in city would annoy everyone and attract unwanted attention. So Capristo is a no-no.

Last edited by Dippy : 19th October 2010 at 19:18. Reason: On request
Old 14th December 2009, 12:27   #35
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Dante. Your's must have been a very longggg waiting. Do post ton of pictures.

and BTW, I don't think you even need to change your avatar pic.
Old 14th December 2009, 12:37   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Congrats Dante. Your's must have been a very longggg waiting. Do post ton of pictures.

and BTW, I don't think you even need to change your avatar pic.
Hey thanks alot. Ya waiting for very long. May be i'll upload my car pic when i click it.
Old 14th December 2009, 12:38   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Thank you. Did i wrote by mistake that i have pdk? I'd like to correct, i have ordered manual tranny. I love manuals.

Thanks. The problem is Cayman S even lower ground clearance than Base carrera. I am pretty worried.

Thank you very much.

Thank you brother. No hints of yellow. Beige gives so much luxury feel. I find black kind of dull.

Thanks alot. I'll post such exotic pics that have never been clicked on T-bhp. I'll write down my options at the end.

Sorry sir. I don't know of such thing.

Thanks. Offcourse i have manual tranny.

Thank you. I have optioned manual transmission.

Exterior color - Speed yellow
Interior - Beige

Options -
Floor mats
Sound package plus
Universal audio interface
wheel center set
sport shifter

I didn't opted for pdk because i love manuals. I would have got pdk, if porsche had given proper paddle shifters instead of the lousy buttons for shifting on steering wheel.

Not even single rupee of discount from Porsche. Not even complimented floor mats.

Sound system is crap. Even bose which is optional for 1.5L is crap with mainly bass but no mid-range punch.
So i opted for sound package plus which was Harmon cardon and is cheaper and added 9 speakers, since i'll swap in a 4 channel amp in order to get a good sound.

The standard seats have manual adjustment control! The standard seats do not have the comfort of heating or cooling effect, it is optional. No xenon lamps, because they are optional. In short you just get a car with an engine and name Porsche for all those money, everything else is optional.

I wanted to paint the wheels black because it transforms the car to a very mean looking machine.
But i found it a tad expansive since Porsche quoted me a 1.5L for it.
In a couple of weeks i'll paint the wheels to black. May be from Navneet motors. If you guys know someone better who could be good with painting the wheels please tell me.

And in next four-five months i am thinking of adding a exhaust system, maybe Borla or remus. Have heard borla adding 15-20+ hp. I even love Capristo but it would be very loud, travelling in city would annoy everyone and attract unwanted attention. So Capristo is a no-no.
Yeah that is Porsche for you. How do you think they maintain the image that there cars have already maintained a steady price? Lolz. It's because a base Porsche is just an engine and a steering wheel.

And please do not take offense of what I say, but have you done some research on the mods for the Porsche? The brands you mention are not even the premier / recommended brands for modding a Porsche. Lemme know if I can be of any help.

Last edited by Dippy : 19th October 2010 at 19:19. Reason: On request from the thread starter
Old 14th December 2009, 12:45   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Yeah that is Porsche for you. How do you think they maintain the image that there cars have already maintained a steady price? Lolz. It's because a base Porsche is just an engine and a steering wheel.

And please do not take offense of what I say, but have you done some research on the mods for the Porsche? The brands you mention are not even the premier / recommended brands for modding a Porsche. Lemme know if I can be of any help.
I havn't said of ay brands as yet. May be you are talking about exhaust? or the plenum or the TPC racing kit? I've been on sixspeedonline and planet-porsche. And you can find TPC all over the place. There are no Hamann or eismann exhausts for cayman S as far as i know.
Old 14th December 2009, 12:47   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

@Dante: Get your alloys painted from Mazda Motors in Tardeo. I got my BMW's alloys painted from them few months back, excellent job. Rs.1000 per rim.
He is known for painting high-end cars, while I was there he had a Bentley and Cayanne getting repaired too.
Old 14th December 2009, 12:48   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Terms and conditions for booking looks like VW's Sokda division has taken over Porsche.

Apologies for a very dumb question, but the fact is that I do not spend too much time on what I cannot afford; but what did Porsche launch at Dubai within last 5 days? I am told that there was some "launch mela" and a large number of customers were given test drives of the newly launched Porsche.

The big question - around 40 nos of the newly launched model were driven for several hundreds of KMs in a single day, by prospective customers. What happens to the TD vehicles?
i think your talking about the boxster spyder.

congrats dante on your cayman. it sure will be fun to drive with the manual tranny.
Old 14th December 2009, 12:53   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
@Dante: Get your alloys painted from Mazda Motors in Tardeo. I got my BMW's alloys painted from them few months back, excellent job. Rs.1000 per rim.
He is known for painting high-end cars, while I was there he had a Bentley and Cayanne getting repaired too.
Thanks for the info. I read somewhere GTO refering Mazda motors. Hey do you have any contact number i can use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i think your talking about the boxster spyder.

congrats dante on your cayman. it sure will be fun to drive with the manual tranny.
Thanks for the wishes.
Old 14th December 2009, 13:06   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
I havn't said of ay brands as yet. May be you are talking about exhaust? or the plenum or the TPC racing kit? I've been on sixspeedonline and planet-porsche. And you can find TPC all over the place. There are no Hamann or eismann exhausts for cayman S as far as i know.
Glad you took it in the exact manner I intended it not to be. I was talking about Techart/GMG/Fabspeed/cargraphic/AWE/Tubi. They are also on 6speed. I too am on 6sp and it is a great site for Porsche information.

Last edited by ecksreturns : 14th December 2009 at 13:13.
Old 14th December 2009, 13:18   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

That would be for the road show of the New Cayman and Boxster. Porsche plans to have one in Bombay too and i presume it would be at the same venue as last time. I got a call from Porsche asking where should my invite be sent.

The TD cars if on carnet are taken back or else used as display cars or if cleared then sold at discounts.
Old 14th December 2009, 13:25   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Glad you took it in the exact manner I intended it not to be. Heard of Techart/GMG/Fabspeed/cargraphic/AWE/Tubi? They are also on 6speed. I too am on 6sp and it is a great site for Porsche information.
Karan is right Dante. There are plenty of amazing options available but then again it depends on your budget!

I'm glad you've gone in for the traditional floor shifter! It's the best thing!

Techart offers brilliant packages in case you're interested. GMG/Cargraphic/AWE make fantastic parts for the Cayman.

However, I suggest you try Tubi exhausts. They transform the sound of the exhaust completely and they're not too loud either!

Techart kits might prove to be too loud, but the intake/exhaust bits they provide are pretty good. Here are some pictures that may help you:
Attached Thumbnails
My Porsche 987 Cayman S Gen II-1_09_tn.jpg  

My Porsche 987 Cayman S Gen II-2_02_tn.jpg  

My Porsche 987 Cayman S Gen II-4_01_tn.jpg  

My Porsche 987 Cayman S Gen II-6_02_tn.jpg  

suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2009, 13:29   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Glad you took it in the exact manner I intended it not to be. I was talking about Techart/GMG/Fabspeed/cargraphic/AWE/Tubi. They are also on 6speed. I too am on 6sp and it is a great site for Porsche information.
No offence taken.
Yup offcourse i know about techart. It's my avatar pic. They are good. But the high performance engine mods are by TPC racing. You must have heard Cayman Turbo, Cayman GT. Actually they are all named by their owners itself lol. But they all do it through TPC.

Fabspeed/AWE/Tubi are equally good as Borla and remus, trust me. Borla and remus have a bit of drone, while AWE and Tubi don't. I have been lingering on Cayman mods for last 6 months on such sites.
Softronic ECU remap, GT3 throttle body.. blah blah.. Or even sharkwerks.

May be i would PM you from where do you buy if i have to get a exhaust sometime later. Or from where do you get it installed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks