Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2010, 16:40   #196
BHPian

suvm,

I didn't opt for TPMS (Tire pressure management system) because i never thought it would be so useful.

I replaced both rear tires.
Old 3rd September 2010, 17:21   #197
BHPian

Was just reading from page 1-14 in one stretch! I am supposed to be working but then when I saw it was a Porsche, I just couldn't resist but read/drool! The car like most of them have mentioned looks stunning in yellow. Every day the burning desire to own a Porsche grows stronger and stronger (ofcourse reviews like this add more fuel), even though I don't know when I'll actually sit behind one and call it mine.
Old 3rd September 2010, 17:42   #198
Senior - BHPian

Busting tyre is horrifying I am sure it was the chassis stability that kept you from flying. You must check the tire pressure everytime you want to have fun. Peace of mind is most important . TPM is most definitely a must have feature on bad roads. Dante I am sure they can fit one during car service. It will save car's alloys and expensive suspensions also time, energy and life.

We want more happy write ups soon bro.

Suvm: Tire surface temperature increases dramatically on Indian cheese-grater roads, combine it with high temperature of road, softer than regular street shoes of the performance tires and sharp objects littered on roads is a highly potent mix for deflation.

Cheers!
Old 3rd September 2010, 19:27   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjabraham View Post
Was just reading from page 1-14 in one stretch! I am supposed to be working but then when I saw it was a Porsche, I just couldn't resist but read/drool!
Hey Dante, I somehow ended up on this thread.. and like vjabraham, find myself on the 14th page, having read the entire thing from page 1 in one go

I had seen your car on nasik roads sometime back and I was quite amazed at how the nasik car scene has picked up!

Shame about the tyres, but you were lucky to get away with just busted tyres. Best thing to do with these Z rated tyres is to replace them, you just don't have the peace of mind with them at high speeds on a fixed tyre.

Happy drivin!
Old 3rd September 2010, 23:09   #200
Team-BHP Support

That's terrible news, and that too, after a long time, Dante! So are you going to install the TPMS when you go for the next service? And how's the Croc doing now?
Old 5th September 2010, 13:08   #201
BHPian

@ horn_ok_plz nice honda there..

@ sn1p3r yes brother i do check the tire pressure. But these days due to rains i don't take her out much. So after a long time at that night, i skipped checking the tire pressure and it was my mistake may be. Albeit the tire was not flat before.

@ suhaas i guess i will install TPMS. Croc is fine now. No worries.

But have a look at this, you'll be shocked.
My Porsche 987 Cayman S Gen II-001.jpg

My Porsche 987 Cayman S Gen II-002.jpg
Dante is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2010, 14:20   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
@ horn_ok_plz nice honda there..

@ sn1p3r yes brother i do check the tire pressure. But these days due to rains i don't take her out much. So after a long time at that night, i skipped checking the tire pressure and it was my mistake may be. Albeit the tire was not flat before.

@ suhaas i guess i will install TPMS. Croc is fine now. No worries.

Attachment 418434

Attachment 418435
Bad shape man. Any damage to the rims?

Were you able to source the replacement tyre spec in naski or were they sourced from Mumbai?

You may want to consider installing TPMS asap , not sure if it can be easily installed now by the dealership. I assume they should be able to.
Old 6th September 2010, 00:15   #203
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Attachment 418434

Attachment 418435
Holy mother of God! That looks horrible! I cannot imagine what you probably went through when this happened! I'm very sorry about the incident, Dante!

Glad to know that she's fine now!
Old 6th September 2010, 17:10   #204
Senior - BHPian

thats scary, glad it came to halt on time without any fuss.

Quite surprised to hear that the car doesnt has a stepney !
Old 6th September 2010, 17:19   #205
Senior - BHPian

That is some serious stuff Dante :( We are glad that you and the car got through this ordeal.

This seriously reflects what our roads are but nothing cheese graters.

OT: I scrapped the front alloy seriously while negotiating a puddle [crater lake] also in a separate incident we were able to slow down and steer in the rain to avoid collision with a stationary auto without any hazard lights in the overtaking lane on NH8 bang opposite Shiv Shakti statue, but the speeding cab Innova was not able to steer and our A6 lost its half boot. Thankfully mother was not injured only minor neck sprain. Mom is cool she uses seat belts even in the rear.

Thus I conclude, safety equipment on Indian roads is must but so is Luck and you were lucky my friend.

Drive safe and enjoy.
Old 7th September 2010, 18:39   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvm View Post
Bad shape man. Any damage to the rims?

Were you able to source the replacement tyre spec in naski or were they sourced from Mumbai?

You may want to consider installing TPMS asap , not sure if it can be easily installed now by the dealership. I assume they should be able to.
No damage to rims.

Sourced the tires from out. Lucky they were available.

I'll Porsche Mumbai if they can fit TPMS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Holy mother of God! That looks horrible! I cannot imagine what you probably went through when this happened! I'm very sorry about the incident, Dante!

Glad to know that she's fine now!
Yes very horrible! I went through a heavy pain. Sleepless nights.
Damn its so hard to live with your porsche in such a bad shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
thats scary, glad it came to halt on time without any fuss.

Quite surprised to hear that the car doesnt has a stepney !
Where would you keep the stepney my friend?

Sports cars are ment to go fast, and they do it best when they shed weight. Even one kg matters. So why to add the extra weight of wheel.
Plus i tried putting one, but no space!

But i will buy one spare donut tire. Coz i am not going for long drive without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
That is some serious stuff Dante :( We are glad that you and the car got through this ordeal.

This seriously reflects what our roads are but nothing cheese graters.

OT: I scrapped the front alloy seriously while negotiating a puddle [crater lake] also in a separate incident we were able to slow down and steer in the rain to avoid collision with a stationary auto without any hazard lights in the overtaking lane on NH8 bang opposite Shiv Shakti statue, but the speeding cab Innova was not able to steer and our A6 lost its half boot. Thankfully mother was not injured only minor neck sprain. Mom is cool she uses seat belts even in the rear.

Thus I conclude, safety equipment on Indian roads is must but so is Luck and you were lucky my friend.

Drive safe and enjoy.
I hope your mother is in her best shape. Indian roads are like its politics.

Anyway, driving carries such kinds of hurdles but it won't stop the adrenaline for spirited rides!
Old 7th September 2010, 18:54   #207
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Dante, she is fine and the car is back in shape as well.

A spare? How do you propose to store it and which one will fit thats a bigger question?

It will change the weight ratio on the car as well.
Old 20th October 2010, 01:00   #208
BHPian

As promised some pics of my car with powder coated wheels which were recent development.

My Porsche 987 Cayman S Gen II-dsc01173.jpg

My Porsche 987 Cayman S Gen II-dsc01174.jpg

My Porsche 987 Cayman S Gen II-dsc01179.jpg

My Porsche 987 Cayman S Gen II-dsc01172.jpg
Dante is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2010, 01:16   #209
Senior - BHPian

Dante, your Porsche looks beautiful as always. Sorry to hear about puncture incident. It feels good to see her back on road.

Just one suggestion for you on alloys (If you don't mind), yellow lip on the wheels could be a bit thinner! May be half of what you have now.

Other than that, Yellow Porsche running on black wheels... mmmmmm!

And how come one rear view mirror is yellow and the other is yellow/black?
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2010, 02:52   #210
BHPian

That looks great Dante. Looks like you also got the right RVM and the spoiler painted.

Were these mods done through Porsche or by a third party? And what is Porsche's attitude towards third party/after-market mods?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks