Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2009, 15:39   #31
BHPian

dcs: its a public forum and we can write ehatever we want to. so please dont tell us when to refrain from writing. If what we write is wrong dude correct us. This is the process of LEARNING.
I did not have a slightest clue about prices of boats. My bad. Now i checked it out and found out it costs 11.5 lakhs. so if i have caused anyone to cancel his plan of buying a bayliner by telling them 20 times its cost i am sorry. and BTW if you believed that i doubt you had plans to buy it.
and dcs next time please read the entire thread. then you will know where both the figures 85lakhs and 2 cr came from.
Old 15th December 2009, 19:17   #32
R.D

IMO 85 lakhs for the 300C is a complete waste of money!! :P u cud get so much better for that much. The Purple alcantara was a tad much.... especially for a "CEO" haha

Love the Rolls
Old 15th December 2009, 21:17   #33
BHPian

Thanks dcs for answering my question before it was actually uploaded.Just wish the tone of this entire thread had remained a little more pleasant and conversational rather than militant and demeaning to most of those who ventured to voice their opinions.
Old 15th December 2009, 23:37   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Bayliner just 22L ? i suspect, Remember seeing a ad. in some automag for a boat(maybe slightly bigger) for + 2cr.
Well there are several models in bayliner, I guess this model name is discovery (even in discovery there were several sub models) and when I checked in the net for the price, it was around $23k. I got a brochure from the stall containing all the models. This one was the basic model I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
thanks for sharing the pics buddy!!
i heard Magus cars were also taking part.. was the 300C part of their stall???
Yes, 300C was part of the Magus cars stall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioAbraham View Post
Hi schugun,

Thanks for the pics.

I gate crashed but to save from further embarrassment, quietly turned, back when the guy in front of me was asked to pay 2k if he didn't have an invite. Any idea on how does one get invited? Obviously i am not in there target audience ; )
Yes 2k was the fee for registration if you don't have a pass. My dad got an special invite as he works in TTK. I believe the CEO lifestyle show was hosted by Mr. TT. Rangarajan (part of family owning TTK group)
Old 15th December 2009, 23:45   #35
Senior - BHPian

Chill guys! It can get irritating to hear people say wrong stuff about something you like.

Relax! But 'DCS', you could have just told us all that a bit before and we could have avoided the small argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.D View Post
IMO 85 lakhs for the 300C is a complete waste of money!! :P u cud get so much better for that much. The Purple alcantara was a tad much....

@ RD

Its for 70 lacs and has black coloured dash.

Last edited by Dippy : 16th December 2009 at 17:01. Reason: Lets keep the Hindi lingo out please. Thanks.
Old 15th December 2009, 23:53   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs View Post
@ Akshay: Blame the guy who clicked the pics. The interior of the car aint like that as it shows in the pic. But Ugly or Not- Ugly is a very subjective and debatable topic based on personal Choice!

Thats Alcantara Leather.

You made a guess on the price of the boat, it was just for 15 Lac.
And you made a bad guess again on the Chrysler, that was NOT for 85 Lac.

Thats True, Magus Cars showcased Range Rover Vogue and Chrysler 300C at the Exibition.

What beauty was priced at 2 Cr. there? I could figure none!

Very True, you are free to YAP!

From where did you get this strangely atrocious quotes??? Who quoted the Chrysler @ 88 Lac. If you think that the PURPLE interior looks UGLY, you know who to blame it for. It was NOT purple.

That's True, its Alcantara!
Atleast I mentioned that the price Rs.22 Lacs for the boat was my estimate.
By the way, the price Rs.85 Lacs of Chrysler 300C was not my guess. I asked the sardar of Magus cars who was at the stall about the On-road price of that model 300C and he said it was Rs.85 lacs.

I really don't know from where you got the figure of 70 lacs my friend but it is so wrong. I wouldn't post information If I am not sure of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
Nice pics Schugun and nickatnite.
85K for a bike seems to be the highly ovepriced.
Thanks Sudan_NFS

Quote:
Ok, The Chrysler 300C was for 70 Lac only. The Colour of the interior is Black. What you were seeing in the pic could be due to the Mercury Lights.

The cost of 300C in the stall was Rs.85 Lacs on-road price (as told by the Sardar of Magus cars in the stall)

And I know all this because I was there at the Exhibition for all three days.

No comments.

All Cheers Again!
Old 16th December 2009, 13:59   #37
dcs
BHPian

@ Ess You Wee: Its ok Mate. I am not offended. but you comment for R.D left me laughing. No He wont get hurt, atleast not by me!

@ Schugun: Well, I got the price of 70 Lac because I was there, Telling everyone that it was for 70 Lac only. In other words, I work with Magus Cars and for sure I am not a Sardar Guy. Dont know whom you spoke to.

@ All: All peace!
Old 16th December 2009, 14:48   #38
R.D

My bad but still, 70 Lakhs for a Chrysler 300? so many better cars to choose from in that price range
Old 16th December 2009, 16:05   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
interiors of the 300 look so ugly. are they by any chance covered with velvet or something?
Phantom looks disproportionate as always.
love the boat. how much did that cost??
Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Ha! Cheap car that Chrysler.

What more can you expect for 88 lacs? Purple suede is all you can get for this much.

Wow! The Phantom has almost as much rear leg room as the new Indica Vista.

Who in their right mind would buy that watch? Don't you have a cellphone or something.

The Boat is good! The bike too expensive for a non-motored vehicle. I don't care even if Britney Spears spent the last year hand making it.

Oh yeah! I can yap!
These posts made me laugh so hard, my neighbours had to tell me to pipe down!

Both of you sound like prospective customers and CEOs yourselves.. walking around the stall, pointing at different things and saying "Oh, that's okay.. oh that's ugly.. oh that's nice I would buy that.. oh that's hideous who'd want to buy that!" Haha!!! Absolutely hilarious! Sorry guys no offense, it was just that the tone of your posts were very funny!

EDIT: Sorry for going OT. Nice pictures guys. Thanks for posting!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 16th December 2009 at 16:07.
Old 16th December 2009, 16:43   #40
Senior - BHPian

:P

Absolutely nothing I could get offended at!

@DCS

Got more pics of the Chrysler's interiors?
Old 18th December 2009, 01:23   #41
BHPian

Quote:
@ Ess You Wee: Its ok Mate. I am not offended. but you comment for R.D left me laughing. No He wont get hurt, atleast not by me!

@ Schugun: Well, I got the price of 70 Lac because I was there, Telling everyone that it was for 70 Lac only. In other words, I work with Magus Cars and for sure I am not a Sardar Guy. Dont know whom you spoke to.

@ All: All peace!
@dcs, well if you are not a sardar guy, then I don't think I saw you anywhere near that chrysler in that show. The sardar spoke to my dad and myself, gave me the brochure, CD and exchanged business cards. When I asked the price of the chrysler, he told its Rs.85 lacs. If you are working with Magus, may i know your name?
Old 18th December 2009, 04:09   #42
Senior - BHPian

I dont think that asking any ones name on here is a good way. but still let me post some pics of the same car.
Attached Thumbnails
CEO LifeStyle 2009 at Chennai Trade Center-img_0019.jpg  

CEO LifeStyle 2009 at Chennai Trade Center-img_0020.jpg  

CEO LifeStyle 2009 at Chennai Trade Center-img_0022.jpg  

Old 18th December 2009, 12:08   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

I do dislike those metallic central fascia finishes.

But hey, just about everything is customisable on a Bentley, so I won't have to have one on mine!
Old 18th December 2009, 12:10   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
so I won't have to have one on mine!

That is exactly what the Bentley must be saying about you. :P
Old 18th December 2009, 12:50   #45
Senior - BHPian

Did you just mistake the chrysler for the bentley?

Most Viewed