Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2009, 09:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

The dashboard looks more like confusion. Is it just me?

OT: Now we know why CEO is one reason why the biggies are falling.
Old 14th December 2009, 13:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
interiors of the 300 look so ugly. are they by any chance covered with velvet or something?
The 300's interior(over the dashboard) looks like it's covered with alcantara.
Old 14th December 2009, 14:36   #18
dcs
BHPian

Quote:
interiors of the 300 look so ugly. are they by any chance covered with velvet or something?
Phantom looks disproportionate as always.
love the boat. how much did that cost??
@ Akshay: Blame the guy who clicked the pics. The interior of the car aint like that as it shows in the pic. But Ugly or Not- Ugly is a very subjective and debatable topic based on personal Choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
thats suede not velvet.
Thats Alcantara Leather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
I dont think thats 'Velvet' its most probably 'Suede'
Quote:
Originally Posted by schugun View Post
It's suede. I guess the boat would cost around Rs.22 Lacs, I didn't ask though. In abroad the same boat costs $23000.

Costs of the items in the pic

1. Rolls Royce Phantom - Rs.4.5 crores
2. Chrysler 300c - Rs.85 Lacs
3. Bayliner Boat - Rs.22 Lacs - my estimate
4. Handmade bike 27 speed gearing - Rs.85,000
5. Full Diamond Studded Timond watch - Rs.7.5 Lacs
You made a guess on the price of the boat, it was just for 15 Lac.
And you made a bad guess again on the Chrysler, that was NOT for 85 Lac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
thanks for sharing the pics buddy!!
i heard Magus cars were also taking part.. was the 300C part of their stall???
Thats True, Magus Cars showcased Range Rover Vogue and Chrysler 300C at the Exibition.

Quote:
my bad. waise bhi be it velet or suede its ugly.
2cr sounds about right for that beauty.
What beauty was priced at 2 Cr. there? I could figure none!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Ha! Cheap car that Chrysler.

What more can you expect for 88 lacs? Purple suede is all you can get for this much.

Wow! The Phantom has almost as much rear leg room as the new Indica Vista.

Who in their right mind would buy that watch? Don't you have a cellphone or something.

The Boat is good! The bike too expensive for a non-motored vehicle. I don't care even if Britney Spears spent the last year hand making it.

Oh yeah! I can yap!
Very True, you are free to YAP!

From where did you get this strangely atrocious quotes??? Who quoted the Chrysler @ 88 Lac. If you think that the PURPLE interior looks UGLY, you know who to blame it for. It was NOT purple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
The 300's interior(over the dashboard) looks like it's covered with alcantara.
That's True, its Alcantara!
Old 14th December 2009, 14:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

Those of you who don't fancy the interiors of the 300C above(me included), do have a look at the stock interiors....will make you wonder if it's even worth 8.5 lacs. It's American, 'nuff said.

BTW I guess it costs 1/3rd the price in the US of A.
Old 14th December 2009, 14:57   #20
BHPian

Yes, I have driven 300C in US a couple of times. I liked the car's power, pulling that heavy car and you can feel the surge. But its not worth 85L. Looking at the way the doors are opening for this 300, its probably modded a lot, but still 85L for a 300 is something not a wise CEO would want to do it. I guess it starts from 30k USD in the US (or probably less as well).
Old 14th December 2009, 15:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car&me View Post
Yes, I have driven 300C in US a couple of times. I liked the car's power, pulling that heavy car and you can feel the surge. But its not worth 85L. Looking at the way the doors are opening for this 300, its probably modded a lot, but still 85L for a 300 is something not a wise CEO would want to do it. I guess it starts from 30k USD in the US (or probably less as well).
Agree with you buddy, but the thing is, these are imported from the UK(RHD) and are more expensive than their US counterparts, add to that custom duties, taxes, shipping expenses et al and that gives you the OTR price in India. And BTW, I feel Rs.80-85 lakh would work out to be the base price without the Lambo doors and other mods.
Hence I said it costs approximately 1/3rd the price in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs View Post

What beauty was priced at 2 Cr. there? I could figure none!
Take it easy bro. Akshay Mahajan probably mistook the Bayliner for a yacht and thought it was worth Rs.2crore.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 14th December 2009 at 15:33.
Old 14th December 2009, 16:58   #22
BHPian

Nice pics Schugun and nickatnite.
85K for a bike seems to be the highly ovepriced.
Old 14th December 2009, 17:04   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Agree with you buddy, but the thing is, these are imported from the UK(RHD) and are more expensive than their US counterparts, add to that custom duties, taxes, shipping expenses et al and that gives you the OTR price in India. And BTW, I feel Rs.80-85 lakh would work out to be the base price without the Lambo doors and other mods.
Hence I said it costs approximately 1/3rd the price in the US.
Wow, could not imagine 300 in that range. You are probably right, when some of these land in Indian shores (corolla's and civic's and plenty other too) they are all luxurified for Indian market and hence they are different that what we would see in US. And top it off with duties and other sarkar incomes.

Last edited by v12 : 14th December 2009 at 17:07.
Old 14th December 2009, 17:15   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

What... no red vacuum cleaners? No massage chairs?

I thought those companies where permanent fixtures at CTC. Surely they make diamond-studded models?

Rs.2000 entrance (nobody is going to invite me)... I'll stick to the Inside-outside exhibition!
Thanks for the pics and reports... As an exhibition addict, I had wondered what was there!

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 14th December 2009 at 17:23.
Old 14th December 2009, 17:32   #25
BHPian

300C interior quality is absolutely disappointing. Friend had it for 2 months and sold it. Btw why is so expensive in India? 5 times the price in Australia..
Old 14th December 2009, 22:05   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

From where did you get this strangely atrocious quotes??? Who quoted the Chrysler @ 88 Lac.

Ooh snap! Did I bump the price up by 3 lacs and hurt some sentiments.

Sorry fellas! I meant that is all you get for 85 lacs.

Quote:

If you think that the PURPLE interior looks UGLY, you know who to blame it for. It was NOT purple.
Err... No I don't. Whom?

Looks purple to me.
Old 15th December 2009, 13:43   #27
dcs
BHPian

Quote:
Ooh snap! Did I bump the price up by 3 lacs and hurt some sentiments. Sorry fellas! I meant that is all you get for 85 lacs.
It is way too less than that My Dear ESS YOU WE.
When we post on a public Forum, we should post either the correct information or refrain ourselves from posting. My dislike for a particular commodity does not give me the right to post and spread wrong information. And I hope, you know this thing way better then me.

Quote:
Err... No I don't. Whom? Looks purple to me.
Well, scroll up a bit and you will see that one of my mate posted the pic, I myself don't know his name. If it looks purple then yes, its because the Camera wasn't too capable to catch and reproduce the right color tone. I would have appreciated your comments if you would have seen the entire car/ range in flesh. Key board wars are not my cup of tea but I don't appreciate people making not-so-wise comments without slightest of the idea that it shows their grey matter too.

@ The Moderator: I know I have gone way over the board and I dont mind getting an infraction or a life time ban from you people, but I think I have to have the right to say what is right before hearing the verdict.

All Cheers!
Peace!
dcs
Old 15th December 2009, 14:16   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schugun View Post
2. Chrysler 300c - Rs.85 Lacs

This is where I got the figure of 85 lacs.

No, I had not been invited to the expo. Therefore I have no way of knowing the supposed price.

Quote:
It is way too less than that My Dear ESS YOU WE.
When we post on a public Forum, we should post either the correct information or refrain ourselves from posting. My dislike for a particular commodity does not give me the right to post and spread wrong information. And I hope, you know this thing way better then me.
Okay again refer what I wrote a few lines up there. That is where I got the figure from. If you know what it is, how about you let us all know instead of telling us we are wrong.

Quote:
Well, scroll up a bit and you will see that one of my mate posted the pic, I myself don't know his name. If it looks purple then yes, its because the Camera wasn't too capable to catch and reproduce the right color tone. I would have appreciated your comments if you would have seen the entire car/ range in flesh.
Err... so if I haven't seen it in flesh, I can't comment on it? :'(

See... I might be color-blind but I saw it again... its still Purple!

Quote:
Key board wars are not my cup of tea but I don't appreciate people making not-so-wise comments without slightest of the idea that it shows their grey matter too.

@ The Moderator: I know I have gone way over the board and I dont mind getting an infraction or a life time ban from you people, but I think I have to have the right to say what is right before hearing the verdict.

All Cheers!
Peace!
dcs
Ohho! Chill man. No one is gonna fight here!

You won't get infracted either. This isn't imperialist India... :P
Old 15th December 2009, 14:50   #29
dcs
BHPian

Ok, The Chrysler 300C was for 70 Lac only. The Colour of the interior is Black. What you were seeing in the pic could be due to the Mercury Lights.

And I know all this because I was there at the Exhibition for all three days.

All Cheers Again!
Old 15th December 2009, 15:02   #30
BHPian

@dcs, since you seem to have all the info on the Chrysler down pat, why dont you post photos which show the real colour of the dash as well as clarify the price for all of us to avoid further confusion.
Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks