Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2009, 00:58   #61
BHPian

when did you approach them, was it a few days / months or years back , companies keep changing their strategies today vw owns porsche , a few months back porsche was trying to buy them. today porsche is thinking of facing out the cayenne and the panemera and make it a sports car company onlty, things keep changing
if they make one in rhd (may be at a much higher price), they will increase the market share and most importantly awareness for the big daddy vw
like its ridiculous to buy a beetle at 23 lacs, but still they found suckers, they could find buyers for the veyron at lets say 7crs plus conversion 3 crs sell for 20 crs instead of lets say the original 16 crs . the guy who will want to buy a 16 crs car will buy it at 20 if thats the only way
Old 27th December 2009, 02:30   #62
Senior - BHPian

@ml - I think what ecks is stating is just a fact(till last update) that veyrons are'nt available in a RHD spec. And afaik our country have'nt relaxed the norm. It must either be on Carnet or RHD converted aftermarket(not sure if possible). So as you seem to have a link to the DC guys, would'nt it be possible for you to clarify with them ?

And did you mess up with numbers a bit in there ? 7cr + 3cr for conv. = 20cr ?? Was the import duties included ?

No clue as of where "Underestimation of Indians" and stuff came into the scene. Indians rule !
Old 27th December 2009, 08:14   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
@ml - I think what ecks is stating is just a fact(till last update) that veyrons are'nt available in a RHD spec. And afaik our country have'nt relaxed the norm. It must either be on Carnet or RHD converted aftermarket(not sure if possible). So as you seem to have a link to the DC guys, would'nt it be possible for you to clarify with them ?

And did you mess up with numbers a bit in there ? 7cr + 3cr for conv. = 20cr ?? Was the import duties included ?

No clue as of where "Underestimation of Indians" and stuff came into the scene. Indians rule !
point 1.no comments
point 2. i guess it takes a while for you to understand 20 cr aprox came up after the duty
point 3. i would prefer making positive comments about others comments and would choose to reply carefully if i disagree with someone . but i guess you dont understand this too
Old 27th December 2009, 11:16   #64
BHPian

I hope "BUGATTI" is revealed in AUTOEXPO 2010 in Delhi.
Old 27th December 2009, 15:17   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Right. I know a very very famous Indian business tycoon who has a Veyron , amongst other cars and he brings his veyron to India every now and then. So no where am I doubting the fact that an Indian can get a Veyron and bring it to India. Coming from a respectable member like your self, I have no doubt whatsoever. I only contest the fact that Bugatti won't make a RHD veyron because when we approached them , they clearly said that it was not viable.
wait..someone got a veyron to india before?? when and where did this happen?? did you get to see her??
Old 28th December 2009, 10:06   #66
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

There was a rumour of a wine red Veyron in Mumbai. Was this the same one?
Old 4th January 2010, 19:13   #67
Senior - BHPian

Here is the reply from Bugatti HeadQuarters. Mlcarrera, I am not at all saying that you friend can't get a Veyron , but getting a RHD Veyron was and still is impossible. So please, before you start being all confident and start declaring our argument immature and 'start taking pleasure' in proving us wrong , think about what all of us are saying. We all would love to see a Veyron in India , but the simple fact that a RHD veyron did not/does not exist, still holds true. Hope you get the point. Here is the reply :

"Dear Mr,

First of all thank you for your interest in our Brand and product.

Just to stop all these rumors, you must know that we don't produce right hand drive cars.

Best Regards.

Sincères salutations // Sincerely yours // Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Thomas FISCHER

Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S.

Marketing Sales

Tel. +33 (0) 3 88 04 80 98

Fax. +33 (0) 3 88 04 80 99

email : thomas.fischer1@bugatti.com

Adresse
:

Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S.

1 Château St. Jean

Dorlisheim

F-67120 Molsheim

www.bugatti.com"
Old 4th January 2010, 19:28   #68
Senior - BHPian

Thanks ecks.

So until someone gets some concrete proof, this rumor oops I mean thread will remain locked.

Thread Closed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks