Old 16th December 2009, 03:14   #46
Senior - BHPian

Oh Gwaad !!!!

Bugattiiiiii !!!!! that to in India

Where do we see it driving ?
Old 16th December 2009, 11:46   #47
Senior - BHPian

Buggati Veyron - Available in India

Rejoice all car lovers, we will now have a chance to see the monsterous Veyron in India.

Volkswagen is planning to sell the Veyron in India, next year, touted to be priced at around 8 Crores.

Source : Bugatti Veyron To Set Indian Roads Ablaze

Cheers,
ac
Old 16th December 2009, 12:26   #48
Team-BHP Support

So have they made a few RHDs then? Whatever it is, it would be really nice to see one in India! Even if VW is bringing it only for display purposes
Old 16th December 2009, 12:51   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
So have they made a few RHDs then? Whatever it is, it would be really nice to see one in India! Even if VW is bringing it only for display purposes
A good idea and why can't they display it in Auto expo and do a private show in chennai race track as Lambo did.

we Bhpian can see it
Old 21st December 2009, 12:46   #50
BHPian

I tend to agree with Ecks on this topic- even if Bugatti DID (outside chance of it) launch here, who would buy an LHD car for 16CR? What would the laws be regarding its ownership? Would the IT dept have a homing device attached to its license place to track who buys it and conduct widespread, simultaneous raids on the new owner? And these are questions which would be hard to answer even before we get down to the ownership 'experience' and costs- which fuel, which roads, servicing, repairs (esp to the undercarriage im sure) etc etc etc... All in all the only sense i can make of this is that someone at VW probably said they are planning to bring it to the Expo in Jan and the reporter thought this was equivalent to launching it here!
Old 26th December 2009, 20:11   #51
BHPian

for all the immature responce of naming this thread as waste, let me take the pleasure of informing that the first order for bugatti has been placed, i will not disclose the name of the person but just mention the city....AND ITS HYDERABAD
Old 26th December 2009, 20:25   #52
Senior - BHPian

Heard that claim quite a few times on tbhp ML. So pardon me if I scoff at it. Sometimes its hyd , other times its mumbai or bangalore. When you have pictures of it in India , in right hand drive(as the LHD can be brought down in India, technically, on CARNET) , please post here , so that we can all be put to 'shame' for our immaturity

Last edited by ecksreturns : 26th December 2009 at 20:39.
Old 26th December 2009, 20:45   #53
BHPian

will post it for sure..with a lot of pleasure
Old 26th December 2009, 21:26   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcarrera View Post
for all the immature responce of naming this thread as waste, let me take the pleasure of informing that the first order for bugatti has been placed, i will not disclose the name of the person but just mention the city....AND ITS HYDERABAD
well ill give the benefit of the doubt to you. but buddy how will it be driven here? will it be converted to rhd or brought on carnet?
Old 26th December 2009, 21:37   #55
Team-BHP Support

MLcarrera,

That's great news! Fantastic! Could you disclose a little more information (before you post a photo) to keep our senses tingling? The colour of the car, perhaps?
Old 26th December 2009, 23:39   #56
Senior - BHPian

@mlcarrera: Coming from you, I'm inclined to believe it! Could we have some more info please?
Old 27th December 2009, 00:09   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
@mlcarrera: Coming from you, I'm inclined to believe it! Could we have some more info please?
well thanks for putting it like that, i generally dont comment on anything that i am almost sure of. well if i say some thing more..like the group that is buying owns the highest no of bentleys in the country(may be in the world..may be) will be an easy guess . cos the person who told me specifically spoke about the article to the buyer and the reply was..I HAVE ALREADY ORDERED IT

there was a time 10 years back when spotting an slk or a z3 was a big deal then a few years back it was a porsche or a lambo of late maseratis, phantoms whatever

with the power of india and its individuals one should not underestimate its capacity, you could be the owner of several supercars or just the owner of a tvs 50 , one should not under estimate the power of another fellow indian..simple

10 years back we could not have imagined that an indian would own jaguar. today its a reality, so why this doubt on bugatti , i will not be suprised if one day a brand like that could be bought by an indian..SIMPLE
Old 27th December 2009, 00:18   #58
Senior - BHPian

Nobody underestimates the purchasing power of an Indian now-a-days. I just fail to believe that Bugatti would make a rhd car for the Indian market. Period. And I shall come back with proof from Bugatti this time , and this is not to under-mine DC's buying power( i mean, come on, he has the most B's in India and loads of other supercars) or to show I am right , just to confirm that Bugatti won't make a rhd veyron. I shall also forward Bugatti's reply to ET and ensure they correct this rumor, if indeed it is one.

Last edited by ecksreturns : 27th December 2009 at 00:32.
Old 27th December 2009, 00:31   #59
BHPian

well i guess your missing the point buddy..its too early to say its pointless, i dont care what bugatti has replied to et, all i am saying that some one has ordered in hyderabad , so if you manage to get a reply from bugatti saying that there are no indian orders that will be something , not some stupid reply
Old 27th December 2009, 00:35   #60
Senior - BHPian

Right. I know a very very famous Indian business tycoon who has a Veyron , amongst other cars and he brings his veyron to India every now and then. So no where am I doubting the fact that an Indian can get a Veyron and bring it to India. Coming from a respectable member like your self, I have no doubt whatsoever. I only contest the fact that Bugatti won't make a RHD veyron because when we approached them , they clearly said that it was not viable.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks