Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2009, 09:50   #1
BHPian

Bugatti..finally coming to india

The eco times today have metioned the launch of bugatti by vw, and their serious plans for india..GREAT
Old 14th December 2009, 10:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

That's great news if it really materializes
Old 14th December 2009, 10:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

Indeed a great news.

But the first Veyron is going to hit B'lore soon. AFAIK he is planning to bring it down from Singapore!
Old 14th December 2009, 10:12   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Indeed a great news.

But the first Veyron is going to hit B'lore soon. AFAIK he is planning to bring it down from Singapore!
we have been hearing about veyrons for the past few years.
Old 14th December 2009, 10:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Indeed a great news.

that sounds nice, specially since its from you

is singapore lhd or rhd?
will it be on carnet?
Old 14th December 2009, 10:33   #6
BHPian

This is really good news, unfortunately India simply does have any roads, nor a race track where this car can be really enjoyed.
Oh what the hell... for once I am simply forgetting all this & planning to celebrate the coming of this beauty!!!
Old 14th December 2009, 10:41   #7
Senior - BHPian

Such a waste of time, these threads about Veyrons in India. They are not going to be made in rhd, period. Unless the law in India changes, it is a far fetched fantasy. Oh and the 'Executive' from VW requested anonymity , so that say's a lot. As far as I think, this is the much talked about 'Halo Effect'. Launch something extremely expensive, or atleast talk about it, and people think favorably about VW, cuz hey, if they can launch such an expensive car in India and make it work, their other products must be good. Sorry guys, I don't trust whatever a paper says.

Last edited by ecksreturns : 14th December 2009 at 10:43.
Old 14th December 2009, 10:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
we have been hearing about veyrons for the past few years.
I got the information my friend who is mechanic & he maintain this guys all other exotics like the F430, Gallardo, Skyline GT, etc! He was about to take my friend to Singapore to learn about the Veyron, but unfortunetly my friend couldn't go due to some other commitment. Anyway he'll be flying once to learn it!
Old 14th December 2009, 10:59   #9
BHPian

Is there a possibility of the Veyron being showcased by VW at the forthcoming Expo? Any news
Old 14th December 2009, 11:02   #10
Senior - BHPian

I am a bit skeptical about this. As Karan said, this is probably only to help VW make a nice image for themselves! If they do, we'll see!
Old 14th December 2009, 11:06   #11
BHPian

Moreover VW says that the Veyron will be priced at 5-12 Crores, when it hits Indian Shores by the middle of 2010.
I guess they have a sales target of 12 cars a year...
Old 14th December 2009, 11:12   #12
Senior - BHPian

Uhm, preetam,are you ... okay? Even Lamborghini doesn't sell more than 2-4 cars in India per year.
Old 14th December 2009, 11:29   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Such a waste of time, these threads about Veyrons in India. They are not going to be made in rhd, period. Unless the law in India changes, it is a far fetched fantasy. Oh and the 'Executive' from VW requested anonymity , so that say's a lot. As far as I think, this is the much talked about 'Halo Effect'. Launch something extremely expensive, or atleast talk about it, and people think favorably about VW, cuz hey, if they can launch such an expensive car in India and make it work, their other products must be good. Sorry guys, I don't trust whatever a paper says.
, This is just a publicity stunt to take VW into the high end bracket in the Indian consumers mind. We do not have the infrastructure or the large enough sales figures to drive this car in. VW could not manage to drive in sales for the Touareg and the Pheaton and they want to get in the toughest seller the Veyron, what a joke.

Quote:
I got the information my friend who is mechanic & he maintain this guys all other exotics like the F430, Gallardo, Skyline GT, etc! He was about to take my friend to Singapore to learn about the Veyron, but unfortunetly my friend couldn't go due to some other commitment. Anyway he'll be flying once to learn it!
I guess i know who your refering too but i believe he has got another sports car already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
I guess they have a sales target of 12 cars a year...
Your joking right or it was a typo ???? Catch one car or if they get lucky 2 cars in a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Uhm, preetam,are you ... okay? Even Lamborghini doesn't sell more than 2-4 cars in India per year.
Very true Ecks.
Old 14th December 2009, 11:38   #14
Senior - BHPian

It would be really dumb to launch the Veyron in India. How many would they actually manage to sell in the first place? And RHD conversions(if launched) would make the car dearer. Reportedly Mukesh Ambani sent back his Maybach 62 to the UK citing driveability issues on roads out here. So what would be the fate of a Veyron? I mean is there any point in buying the world's fastest street legal uber-luxury car just to slug it out on congested roads with a complete loss of peace of mind for fear of other vehicles brushing it, handling bad roads, speed-bumps with that kinda ground-clearance et al? A Nano would beat the Veyron by effortlessly cutting through other vehicles.

It would be wiser to bring it down on carnet and realise your.... once the honeymoon phase is over.

And I do agree with Karan. 'Halo effect' all the way and possibilities of a launch seem remote.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 14th December 2009 at 11:39.
Old 14th December 2009, 11:41   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post

Your joking right or it was a typo ???? Catch one car or if they get lucky 2 cars in a year.

Very true Ecks.
Sorry My bad
I meant 1/2 cars a year. And it is not a typo here. I am meaning half.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks