Team-BHP - Supercars & Imports : Coimbatore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Supercars & Imports : Coimbatore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/71633-supercars-imports-coimbatore.html)

The racing capital of India should have something to contribute in terms of sportscars and exotics........ There are a couple of cars around worth a mention in Team BHP. The cars here are distributed over the coimbatore city and tirupur areas.Expecting a lot of cooperation from fellow BHPians , please do remember to mention the place where you spotted the car or bike. So lets flag of this thread......

A carrera s , a vintage ford ( dont excatly remember the model ) model-A

spotted the porsche in peelamedu and the model A at gandhipuram.

Since there is now a dedicated thread for Coimbatore, BHPians there might hopefully have sightings of a KA registered new generation Montero or a Chennai registered BMW 530d Highline. Both do rounds around Coimbatore, Salem, Pollachi and Tirupur. Owned by a Kerala based Team- BHPian.;)

I want to see all those Race/Rally prepared Scoobys and Evos on this thread soon....

I think that Ford belongs to the Alankar Group of Hotels. Right?

Its good to see a dedicated thread to Coimbatore's supercars. Nice pics of the Porsche there. I'm sure the thread will have more pics of the Evos and Scoobys soon. I remember seeing a red Supra, few Mercs and BMWs sometime back in Coimbatore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitewheel (Post 1635462)

Yes that car is parked in the entrance of Hotel Alankar

During my last visit, i did spot few Audi A4's/A6's, BMW 3 & 5 Series and Mercedes C, E and couple of S class, all are Cbe (TN 37, 38 & 66) registered vehicles. Also there is a Range Rover Sport which is TN 39 registered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EP. (Post 1635129)
spotted the porsche in peelamedu and the model A at gandhipuram.

I think you might have spotted the Porsche in Lakshmi mills signal/junction, since there is a Hyundai dealer in the background. Also i guess it belongs to Narain Karthikeyan.

Good thread. Hope to see more pictures soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1kram (Post 1635617)
I think you might have spotted the Porsche in Lakshmi mills signal/junction, since there is a Hyundai dealer in the background. Also i guess it belongs to Narain Karthikeyan.

yep that is Lakshmi mills signal.

Does that car belongs to Narain or Leelakrishnan? I thought it was Leela's

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitewheel (Post 1635462)

yup! thats one among the hotel's collection.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1kram (Post 1635617)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kraft.wagen (Post 1635668)

That car belongs to Lakshmi mills , its a Carrea S. Narain's is a dark blue carrera to be precise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kraft.wagen (Post 1635668)
yep that is Lakshmi mills signal.

Heard Narain has a Porsche, not sure about Leela though.

Even way back in 1992, Coimbatore had a large share of Mercs. I've seen some beauties then. Some used to be as I remember them "two doors" with large Benz symbols on the grills. You wouldn't see them often on the road, but since our college was near the Airport, we would see them on the way to the airport or back.

One of the prime reasons for a lot of Mercs in Bangalore was because of LMW. They had a colloboration with German companies. I even remember their calendars would have German in them!

Was there an old Gold plated Rolls there as well? I remember seeing it a long time back!

The brand new X6 in coimbatore. saw it at R.S.Puram. Looks stunning from the front, i hate the backside though.