Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2006, 21:55   #46
Senior - BHPian

I bet the lights look decent in person. Gives a cool icy effect on the siler body.
Old 8th November 2006, 00:39   #47
BHPian

There is something icy about those tail lamps. But somehow on a silver car a smoked dark set of tail lamps would have looked better in my opinion. Guess? have you put any mods on the car besides the M6 rims, and other OE options?

Did you guys hear 2007 M5s get a 6 Speed Manual option? That was the only thing I really didnt like about E60 M5. Now its like the good times are back again. I know the SMG is faster shifting and easier in traffic, but still think M5s were known for being honest brute power traditional sports cars in sedan bodyshells, the new one was was just too automated with too many gizmos. Which would mean that many more reliability problems. But then theres the M button. Man!! It would be a dilemma but what a situation to be i... hmm M5 for sure..but stick or SMG... stick..no wait.. Hahaha Id love to be troubled about that decision. Guess you're gods chosen child.
Old 8th November 2006, 01:42   #48
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Did you guys hear 2007 M5s get a 6 Speed Manual option?
Yup, BMW did it in a pretty sly manner. Honestly, its them admitting that the exclusive SMG option was not apt for the worlds most driver-oriented sedan. That, and the fact that M5 SMGs were too unreliable.
Old 8th November 2006, 11:29   #49
BHPian

Well, the 6 speed manual is available as an option BUT NOT due to the reasons stated above. BMW had made the decision to provide one long before the SMG problems became a recurring error for many owners. This was mainly due to pressure from BMW NA customers who were requesting and some holding out for a 6 speed. So what BMW have done is provide a 6 speed ONLY for the Americans. IMO, it doesn't bother me since the 7 speed SMG was the transmission developed to be used solely in conjuction with the M5 and its high revving V10. All the different features of the engine were made keeping in mind the SMG and I'm quite sure some of the charm would be lost by adding in the 6 speed at the last moment. I mean there are a lot of things which are confusing with the implementation. You cannot turn DSC off completely which has pissed off a lot of purists. You cannot access P500 or P500S easily. You have to go everytime through iDrive and change the setting for M Mode and then only can you do so. The 6 speed is apparently the same tranmission which is used in the 550i which isn't really a bad thing.
Old 9th November 2006, 11:10   #50
BHPian

......n i heard the 6speed manual will only make it into M5's sold in the USA as for now
Old 9th November 2006, 17:06   #51
BHPian

Yeah bro this is a vey cool pics! but I have seen this car in Benz park hotel in, T.Nagar, It has a F1 paddel shift gear , a blaupunkt stereo sys with biiiiiiiiiiiiiig bigggggg speakers & woofers , I see the car regularly in the hotel , might be the hotelier's car , chennaitians can c see the car in Benz park hotel , T.Nagar. and u can c a 7 series regularly in boat club house rd. near R.A Puram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks