Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2013, 21:24   #136
BHPian

Re: My first gift to myself for the new year's eve! A Mercedes W126..

Hi Nandish, do you still have the W140. If so, how's it treating you. How's the maintenance and reliability been so far? Thanks.
Old 15th April 2013, 12:00   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshiviv View Post
Hi Nandish, do you still have the W140. If so, how's it treating you. How's the maintenance and reliability been so far? Thanks.
joshiviv,i very much have the 140 ,its been a 3 years of trouble free ownership,
it costs me less than 20k to pamper it with utmost care per year.
i have made the purchase of AMG monoblocks 18",it shall soon be added to the car.
Old 15th April 2013, 22:33   #138
BHPian

Wow that is very impressive. I was leaning towards the W124, but recently have been tempted to get a W140 myself, The only issue is that these cars are rare and hard to come by, W124s seem to be more readily available, but also tend to be a little more abused. Can you guide me on some things to watch out for on a used W140?
BTW what kind of fuel consumption are you seeing in city/highway?
-Vivek

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
joshiviv,i very much have the 140 ,its been a 3 years of trouble free ownership,
i have made the purchase of AMG monoblocks 18",it shall soon be added to the car.
Old 15th April 2013, 23:24   #139
BHPian

BTW looking forward to seeing the pics of the car with the monoblocks. The car and rims are made for each other.
-Vivek
Old 29th September 2013, 23:31   #140
BHPian

Quote:

After acquiring a very well-maintained W124, I can't resist my temptation to add a W140 or W126 to the family in an year or two. Which one of the two do you think is more affordable/wise to own. I'm guessing that both might have their own share of troubles when it comes to finding spares. And W126 might be superior to W140 when it comes to reliability, on account of being a simple machine?

Thanks in advance
Old 5th October 2013, 14:24   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Can you guide me on some things to watch out for on a used W140?
BTW what kind of fuel consumption are you seeing in city/highway?
-Vivek
Service history is 1 thing i look for,wiring harness has to be replaced for pre 94 cars,otherwise it lives up by its name, The Tank!!

Quote:
BTW looking forward to seeing the pics of the car with the monoblocks. The car and rims are made for each other.
-Vivek
Havent fixed the wheels yet,My existing stock tyres have 80 % thread remaining ,i like to be practical
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
After acquiring a very well-maintained W124, I can't resist my temptation to add a W140 or W126 to the family in an year or two. Which one of the two do you think is more affordable/wise to own. I'm guessing that both might have their own share of troubles when it comes to finding spares. And W126 might be superior to W140 when it comes to reliability, on account of being a simple machine?

Thanks in advance
Depends on your age completely,i have gone through the same trauma,i love the 126 for its design,robustness & a gangster look but i love love the gizmos & gadgets more of the w140.i can assure you of 1 thing,if you ever buy a clean w140 you will never love another car more than her!
nandishpal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2013, 20:56   #142
BHPian

Quote:
can somebody here help me with a workshop service manual of Mercedes Benz W126.i have the owners manual but that is not of great help.any format will do.
model of my car is 280 S , W126 shape , 1985 manufactured
would appreciate the help
Absolutely drooling while reading this thread

Lovely machine and top quality! I myself own the w201, 1.8l petrol in navy blue. They are built like a tank except for the missile launcher!

Regarding a workshop manual try www.haynes.com

They have manuals for almost every car in the world. I have had the manual for many years now and had the braking system, fuel system and distributors serviced by following the step by step instructions from it. Parts were sourced from England.

Just like yours, the hood ornament is stolen from mine. I see in subsequent pics that you have got a new one. Where from please..I would like to put it back. I'm also going to need the one for the trunk lid as well. Both have been stolen.
Old 8th October 2013, 13:16   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
Just like yours, the hood ornament is stolen from mine. I see in subsequent pics that you have got a new one. Where from please..I would like to put it back. I'm also going to need the one for the trunk lid as well. Both have been stolen.
today the dealerships are affordable,you will be surprised that a dealer who imports & the official dealership have a difference of around 10%,if i were you i would just order 1 from the dealership.
nandishpal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 15:06   #144
BHPian

Quote:
today the dealerships are affordable,you will be surprised that a dealer who imports & the official dealership have a difference of around 10%,if i were you i would just order 1 from the dealership.
Alright, I'll get the ball rolling soon. Did you check out the website I mentioned www.haynes.com? Believe me their instructions for any job go down to the last hidden screw. An amazing help in my opinion
Old 26th June 2015, 20:15   #145
BHPian

Hi Nandish,

After following threads like yours, I had been on the lookout for an old Mercedes. Finally ended up buying a W126 280SE. It definitely needs a lot of work done on it and I plan to get it fixed completely.

Initially i would want to get the mechanical sorted, the engine doesn't idle very smooth and the transmission doesn't seem to shift up well. Any suggestions on a good Mercedes mechanic who can change the fluids and check whats basically wrong with car?

I would love to get some pointers from you and the others on this page on how to go about it, where to go and other pointers.

Note from Support: Post edited for grammar & spell-check.
a_nan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 10:32   #146
Senior - BHPian

dear a_nan ,

Whenever Akshara Motors (opp RVCE) next invites Mercedes owners for a free wash cum check-up, please pay them a visit after an appointment. Even if their repair estimate scares the living daylights out of you, be courageous and analyse the same ,and work on your project with them or another mechanic, issue by issue , until you're done one day.

The w126 is a great machine. sooo beautiful . True blue Mercedes.

& please post pics of your car!

Vinay
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nan View Post
Hi Nandish,

After following threads like yours, I had been on the lookout for an old Mercedes. Finally ended up buying a W126 280SE. It definitely needs a lot of work done on it and I plan to get it fixed completely.

Initially i would want to get the mechanical sorted, the engine doesn't idle very smooth and the transmission doesn't seem to shift up well. Any suggestions on a good Mercedes mechanic who can change the fluids and check whats basically wrong with car?

I would love to get some pointers from you and the others on this page on how to go about it, where to go and other pointers.

Last edited by vinay kamath : 28th June 2015 at 10:35.
Old 28th June 2015, 13:24   #147
BHPian

Dear Vinay
Will definitely do that. I have already visited sundaram motors and given them the car details to have the history fished out.
I was wanting a preliminary check from some local mechanics to get fluids checked and smaller issues sorted before I went to the authorised garages.
Any idea on who may be able to help out?
You have been an inspiration, I have been following your thread with classics for sale every single day, without fail.
Surprisingly the car is exactly like the one in the clip you attached. I will post pictures shortly.
Thanks!
Old 2nd July 2015, 16:31   #148
BHPian

a_nan welcome to the forum & congrats on your purchase.
If you have decided to spend time with a 126 you sure have some good taste.
Did you buy the grey KA05 MG @#$ car???

I would say before putting in a lot of money, for now just drive the car as much as you can.write down the small niggles,challenges over a period of time.
Read the forum or also some international forums on the subject of your niggles 7 then decide what you want to do.
If you go out spending on the car without knowing where to you will have a bad experience with the car.
These cars are absolutely well built ,just take care of the car with original MB products & you are good.
You should consider joining the Mercedes Benz India Owner Club (MBIO) which operates out of FB where you can find like minded owners with 0 nonsense & in depth knowledge of cars & parts.

Do keep us posted on your car on a new thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nan View Post
Hi Nandish,

Old 7th May 2016, 14:20   #149
BHPian

Have not updated this thread in the longest time. I have parted with My S 320 to a friend of mine a year back as I was going to get into the new path of being a Father.
I had to get myself a Mercedes as I was a member at MBIO & I got myself a very rear W124 E220 German Import, It is a 1995 model.

Its been a year now & I realise that for me a perfect car is only the W140 & nothing else. My 5 years of ownership experience was the best with my S320.

I am on the look out for a W140 S600 v12. Please if anybody who knows an owner who wants to part with it do refer me. I promise to make it one of a kind car.

Till then enjoy some pictures of my existing car w124 & my w140 while it was with me.
Attached Thumbnails
My first gift to myself for the new year's eve! A Mercedes W126..-20151007_212038_1.jpg  

My first gift to myself for the new year's eve! A Mercedes W126..-lostfile_jpg_24925696.jpg  

My first gift to myself for the new year's eve! A Mercedes W126..-lostfile_jpg_24927744.jpg  

My first gift to myself for the new year's eve! A Mercedes W126..-lostfile_jpg_24933376.jpg  

My first gift to myself for the new year's eve! A Mercedes W126..-lostfile_jpg_25006848.jpg  

My first gift to myself for the new year's eve! A Mercedes W126..-lostfile_jpg_25111296.jpg  

My first gift to myself for the new year's eve! A Mercedes W126..-lostfile_jpg_25117184.jpg  

Last edited by nandishpal : 7th May 2016 at 14:22.
nandishpal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 01:14   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Have not updated this thread in the longest time. I have parted with My S 320 to a friend of mine a year back as I was going to get into the new path of being a Father.
I had to get myself a Mercedes as I was a member at MBIO & I got myself a very rear W124 E220 German Import, It is a 1995 model.

Its been a year now & I realise that for me a perfect car is only the W140 & nothing else. My 5 years of ownership experience was the best with my S320.

I am on the look out for a W140 S600 v12. Please if anybody who knows an owner who wants to part with it do refer me. I promise to make it one of a kind car.

Till then enjoy some pictures of my existing car w124 & my w140 while it was with me.
Hi Nandish,

I have to say you have great taste in cars. You W140 looked great and I can totally understand why you want to go back to the same.

Although I did not find a W140 S600 V12, I found this very well maintained S320 W140 on t-bhp classifieds:

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-.../S-Class.html/

Not sure if you may consider upgrading but check this one also:
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-.../S-Class.html/

P.S. I am not a dealer of these cars, just another fellow MBZ Enthusiast.
Merce320 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks