Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2010, 16:02   #46
BHPian

thanks s3va.havent driven it much in traffic yet,hope it doesent disappoint me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
so majestic ! congrats Nandish, glad that you followed your heart, ignore other comments ! indeed it is a very beautiful car in the mercs' stable ! I hope the BLR b2b traffic doesnt bother you much
Old 8th January 2010, 16:52   #47
BHPian

That is a great car you have bought, congratulations , i was offered a similar model in Madurai, but with a very high cost, so had to back out. Drive the car well and it will serve you well.
Old 8th January 2010, 20:49   #48
BHPian

Neat car. Congrats. Can you tell me what the Economy meter is for? The one at the bottom, left side cluster.
Old 8th January 2010, 23:03   #49
BHPian

Thanks bro!
To be frank its an aukaat meter :-)
if you push the accelator hard the meter goes into the red zone & tells the owner take it easy otherwise its going to be heavy on your pockets.
Helps alot to get a better average.as you wouldnt push the accelator hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Neat car. Congrats. Can you tell me what the Economy meter is for? The one at the bottom, left side cluster.
Old 14th January 2010, 15:28   #50
BHPian

guys,the AC in my car wasn't cooling so i got it checked the other day & the mechanic told me the compressor had to be replaced as it was not used for a long time,he said the pipes the oil seals ,packing & all other related parts needed overhaulling.but for the compressor he said it needs replacement.i was at office & was very busy with work.he called me & gave me a quotation of 8k which includes filling the gas,overhaulling of the complete set up & replacement of the compressor(geniune mercedes which he had in stock but used).i have taken back the original compressor which was there in the car.
now the cooling is much better than what i had when i bouhght the car BUT it cools down more only after it is driven for a couple of kms.
what i want to know is,is this normal or it needs attention?also 8k for this kind of services is expensive or reasonable?
please advise as i want to bring back everything in shape.
Old 26th January 2010, 02:56   #51

W126

Hello! Congratulions!!! You know what?? I joined team BHP just to send a reply to your thread! An ardent fan of the W126. Got a 300 SEL and a 560. IT IS THE BEST ENGINEERED CAR IN THE WORLD!! Believe me, I have collected so much literature about the car and all of it suggests that this is the best!! Its a timeless beauty. The more I look at it..... The more I fall in Love with it.. You are lucky to be driving around in a W126 in India. All the very best!!! Give my love to the beauty. :-).

Taj
Mercedesforever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2010, 16:34   #52
BHPian

thanks taj,did you read the thread by searching it on google?
i am very happy with the car.recently a lot of upgradation has gone into my car.the seats have been re furbished to factory settings & trust me a great job done on them.thanks to imperial sa to suggest me the right man.had a small crack on my front windsheild which has been replaced by an original SEKURIT (saint gobain) glass for mercedes.
the service & over all check up is due but i am taking my sweet time to note down all the niggles.
thanks again & do write about your ownership experience in a new thread.
Old 26th January 2010, 19:56   #53
Senior - BHPian

Hey Nandish, what a surprise. Congratulations anyway!
Hope the Forester bug has gone for good and the owners will be spared (you know what I mean )
Old 27th January 2010, 11:05   #54
BHPian

Thanks guna!no the bug has not gone.I drove a couple off suvs last week & my love for forester has grown even more.no owners will be spared ol:
I hope you know wat I mean
Old 15th February 2010, 14:05   #55
BHPian

after a long time h got the chance to take my car for a long drive.
i had the best valentine day .i did a 150 km drive & made the best of it.i had taken a car for a drive to note all the problems as my car is due for service.the car behaved very well at even high speeds & cornerning,the gear shifting of the auto gear was just perfect & the braking also was very accurate.
the car is going for service at the auhorised mercedes dealer.more updates coming soon.
Old 15th February 2010, 14:16   #56
Senior - BHPian

Ok. I know a lot of people have asked you his. But, I am real curious, can you let us know the price.

We are all entusiasts here. So no worries
Old 8th March 2010, 14:10   #57
BHPian

i am done with all the mechanical work with my 126.got the following done.
1) engine oil,oil filter
2) transmission oil,oil filter & gasket
3) drain the radiator system,fill in new coolant DB
4) have purchased the fuel filter but couldnt replace it as could not find where it was
5)changed the wiper blades to bosch aero twin blade.
6)power steering oil
7)brake pads checked,did not need replacement
8)power seat switches fixed (brand new)
the car is performing much better after the service,specially the transmission.
the only thing i need now is a complete ac check up,
Old 8th March 2010, 15:12   #58
BHPian

got my car polished & got the interior washed yesterday,trust me all the neighbours were standing out & having a look at the beast being polished.
Old 8th March 2010, 15:19   #59
Senior - BHPian

Yo nandish pics of the car after polish dude!! Get at it mate We want to see how she gleams
Old 8th March 2010, 15:34   #60
BHPian

these kind of marks were there all over the body edges,the previous owner used to wash it with borewell water,is what i think.here are two pictures to compare the before & after polish.
Attached Thumbnails
My first gift to myself for the new year's eve! A Mercedes W126..-img00031201003070943.jpg  

My first gift to myself for the new year's eve! A Mercedes W126..-img00034201003071738.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks