Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2010, 23:58   #31
Team-BHP Support

Well, steering clear of controversy :

- Thanks for the pics

- I like that new bumper -- it brings the E92 a little closer to the gorgeous E46.

- Just because some of the mods mentioned aren't "performance" mods doesn't mean that you guys need to be so harsh on garrett_t16 for just listing what is no longer "stock"!

cya
R
Old 17th January 2010, 00:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

Guys the 333km/h story is hogwash.The pic of the instrument cluster posted by garrett is in all probability of a BMW M5 or M6,not of a M3.

All present Beemer M cars have similar instrument clusters.
Attatched below is the pic(claiming it to be a M3) posted by garret.

my first ride in a BMW M3-m6-int.jpg

And now compare this with the instrument binnacle of the M6.Its exactly the same.

my first ride in a BMW M3-29657d1248664495tpicsgaugesinstrumentclusterduringnightfm6dash.jpg
Old 17th January 2010, 00:19   #33
Senior - BHPian

I knew something was fishy!

Next he would come and say that his friend owns an M6 and he lifted this speedo pic from his facebook account with his permission.
Old 17th January 2010, 00:27   #34
BHPian

spotted this M3 quite a few times at ZEN Cafe (cept).
Old 17th January 2010, 00:29   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
I knew something was fishy!

Next he would come and say that his friend owns an M6 and he lifted this speedo pic from his facebook account with his permission.
Dont shoot the messenger!!

Garett never claims to have been in the car which did 333kmph. He says that this was claimed by the owner of the car and the owner of the car has put up this pic on orkut/facebook.

I feel sad for Garett. Poor guy has had an experience most of us just dream off and here we are slamming him and finding tiny loopholes.

Garett, in his excitement might have missed out a few points, but I dont see ANYTHING wrong in what he has posted thus far in this thread.

Sure, some of the mods arent actually performance mods, but do we have to be so pedantic all the time? Cant we understand that an enthusiast just like us has been driven around in an M3, in a convoy consisting of some of the fastest cars in India and wants to share it with the rest of his online buddies?

Give him a break.
Old 17th January 2010, 00:37   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Dont shoot the messenger!!

Garett never claims to have been in the car which did 333kmph. He says that this was claimed by the owner of the car and the owner of the car has put up this pic on orkut/facebook.
Cool down mate!

Quote:
his collection includes
-a gsxr 1000
-2 cbr 600rr's
-a bentley continental (in uk)
-the white M3 (the one i got a ride in)

and a whole lot of other cars which he said he used and sold ...

both pics are with permission so i have not edited the registration plate.
also i have taken 2 pics from his facebook account with permission one of them is when he reached 333kmph ! yes you read that right 333kmph !
He has clearly said that this pic of 333 kmph is of the same M3. While the speedo itself is not of the M3.

His friend's collection doesn't include an M5/M6 either.

See for yourself. Am not taking sides here.

Adios.
Old 17th January 2010, 00:48   #37
Senior - BHPian

Whoa ! Guys, this is going somewhere else. Now please cut the unneccesary talks and stick to thread topic.

To just give my view, i too feel garett should not be put to blame as he was just ferriying the false info he got from some other person. Can happen to anyone of us. @driv3r- And this not the way to respond in a public forum bro, have a chill pill. Cheers !
Old 17th January 2010, 00:54   #38
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
My apologies if my post was offensive. But i was just sharing a similar thought here. Anyways, am out of this now!
Old 17th January 2010, 01:26   #39
Senior - BHPian

garrett_t16 just put up his experience of 'being driven' in an M3 and has clearly stated that the pic was not taken in his presence.
So why are people pouncing on him as if he put up pics of someone else's ride and claimed that he owns it and had achieved 333kmph in it?
A polite reply stating that the pic is too good to be true and the reason behind it would have been sufficient.

Please respect someone who has experienced something wonderful and had the courtesy to share his experience enthusiastically.
Old 17th January 2010, 08:44   #40
Senior - BHPian

@Jayabusa: Exactly my thoughts. Garrett_t16 just wanted to share a wonderful experience with us, which most of us would never get. Why blast him? Can we please put an end to this?
Old 17th January 2010, 09:33   #41
BHPian

Not taking sides here but Garrett_t16 has clearly mentioned what was hear say, what was lifted from FB and what he experienced.

Lets not turn his experience which he plans to remember for his rest of his life turn sour.
Old 17th January 2010, 12:47   #42
Team-BHP Support

I think I owe an apology to Garrett.

I'm sorry dude. I never meant to push you into a corner like that! I set aside your experience and instead of acknowledging it, I gave you brick bats. It's not your ride after all, it is your friends. I should have understood that there was a sense of emotion involved there which not many get the chance experience.

Besides, all you did was convey what you'd heard and that isn't wrong in any way! In the think of it all, you accepted whatever that M3 guy said and you believed it. Which isn't wrong, but don't believe everything someone says! It may not always be true. Anyway..

P.S. It would be great if you could clarify a few things though. The number-plate mismatch is odd. If you can, please find out what's up with that. Everything else is cool!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 17th January 2010 at 12:49.
Old 17th January 2010, 14:09   #43
BHPian

ok no worries guys just that i did not expect such a reply on my first thread.

@suhaas and @driv3r i will surely talk to him about the reg plates and ya apology accepted, no probs. After all we all are family t'bhp family !
cheers
keep revvin !
Old 17th January 2010, 17:06   #44
BHPian

Congratulations on your experience Garrett.

This is the second false-claim of mods on a BMW M3 in Team-BHP if I'm correct. The first one being the grey M3 in Mumbai who member 'evil_46' had bumped into. But what I clearly don't understand is that after already owning an exotic such as an M3, why do these people want to make false claims on mods they've made and the horse-power the cars churn out? Do they think that people who don't own exotics are dumb and that they can make ridiculous claims? If so, then that's pretty ignorant.

I don't mean to disrespect anyone out there. No offesne intended.

Cheers.
Old 17th January 2010, 17:51   #45
BHPian

finally ....

ok guys, the verdict is out ! i just got off talking to my friend and in short this is what HE SAYS !

'' i have removed the rev limiter , the top sped limiter , and he says his car produced 420 bhp on a dyno (i din bother to ask when or where) , and that he has reached 300kmph not once but multiple times , 333 being the fastest , then i mentioned that @ecksreturns has a 600+bhp m3 which looses steam at 305+kmph

.. so he is like Bhp just tells you how fast you can get to a speed not how much speed

so what he meant was my mom's wagonR 1.1L can reach 300kmph but it will take her some years !

and about the registration plates , he said thar the RTO had made a mistake and some days after he got his number plates made he realized that the plates did not match the RC book ..so he got new ones made !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks