Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2010, 00:11   #1
BHPian

my first ride in a BMW M3

hi guys ,
i am so excited about sharing my experience with you guys ..
it all started 4 days ago on the 11th of jan .. i will remember that day for the rest of my life..
i am basically from bombay but had planned a short trip to ahmedabad and so reached ahmedabad on the 10th .. i met a few close friends and on the next day my brother who lives in ahmedabad gave me a call and told me to reach a hangout spot if i wanted to have a lifetime experience as he knows i am a car freak

so there i was and i could not believe my eyes .. a navy blue z4 , a black M3 , a white M3 , a black s320 , and my brothers c 220 cdi .
he introduced me to all his friends but i could not stop drooling over the beauties .. people were actually stopping buy to click pics .
so then the owner of the white M3 said lets go for a little drive and he invited me to sit in the M3 , 'no problem' i said as he smiled .. i talked to him about team-bhp and he said he will surely register .

the black m3 left first then the z4 and then behold the monster , the growl of the engine was simply amazing as he had put on a hamann exhaust system tuned his car and had all the performance settings on max mode !!!, we drove around for sumtym getting sum attention as so many cars were rolling together , the guy who had the z4 floored on an empty stretch, so i told him can u floor it and the oomph just pushed deep into my seat, it was amazing ,we reached triple digit speeds in no time, he shifted at 8200k hitting the redline ! ..we reached about 175 in city i dont know exactly as i was too busy hanging on for dear life .. then we neared a corner he went slam on the breaks an i was almost thrown out of my seat, the seatbelt crying for mercy then a quick flick of the throttle and the car was sliding all over the place , the smell of burning rubber was just great !!! he said this was his 3rd set of tyres in less than 1 year .!

i wanted more, but i had just been in an M3 for more than 20 minutes we reached his house and a bid all the beauties goodbye ..

he has the following mods on the M3
-custom made white brake calipers
-hamann exhaust which he claims adds 40bhp
-custom made front bumper
-had just installed new led lights on the bumper the day i met him
-black rims (dont know the make or size but have put up pics)

he claimed his car had in total 420 BHP !!!!!!!

cheers !
keep revvin !

Note from Mods : Please try to use punctuation & capitalization properly. Make sure you take a look at this thread (Expected Posting Etiquette) for details. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
my first ride in a BMW M3-17345_431156435264_676720264_10444263_5947323_n.jpg  

my first ride in a BMW M3-n856035467_5633531_8531.jpg  

my first ride in a BMW M3-12468_356727170264_676720264_9713713_1340867_n.jpg  

my first ride in a BMW M3-11535_331395170264_676720264_9345875_1361109_n.jpg  

my first ride in a BMW M3-17345_431081850264_676720264_10443474_5046702_n.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th March 2010 at 17:31. Reason: Removing owner references as per request
garrett_t16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2010, 08:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

Where was the Bentley? That's a sweet ride! Do you have any more pics?
Old 16th January 2010, 08:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

WOw how is that possible ? 333 from a car which has 420 horses.
Thats lp640 speeds there .
I dont get it.
Old 16th January 2010, 09:45   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
the bentley is in uk !.he studies there ,he is also planning to buy a hummer over there .
Old 16th January 2010, 09:47   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
WOw how is that possible ? 333 from a car which has 420 horses.
Thats lp640 speeds there .
I dont get it.
that is what i asked him !..he had reached that on bombay pune expressway just after he got the new exhaust.
Old 16th January 2010, 09:53   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
i have one of the bentley speedo
Attached Thumbnails
my first ride in a BMW M3-11535_336011340264_676720264_9418545_7976979_n.jpg  

Old 16th January 2010, 10:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

How did he reach 333kmph? Doesn't M3 come with a speed limiter?
Old 16th January 2010, 10:52   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
so there i was and i could not believe my eyes .. a navy blue z4 , a black M3 , a white M3 , a black s320 , and my brothers c 220 cdi .
Hmmm, interesting collection..

Quote:
so then the owner of the white M3 said lets go for a little drive and he invited me to sit in the M3 , 'no problem' i said as he smiled .. i talked to him about team-bhp and he said he will surely register .
Quote:
the black m3 left first then the z4 and then behold the monster
Quote:
the guy who had the z4 floored on an empty stretch, so i told him can u floor it and the oomph just pushed deep into my seat, it was amazing ,we reached triple digit speeds in no time, he shifted at 8200k hitting the redline ! ..we reached about 175 in city
Quote:
i wanted more, but i had just been in an M3 for more than 20 minutes we reached his house and a bid all the beauties goodbye ..
I thought you were sitting in the 'White M3'. How did you shift to the 'Navy Blue Z4' all of a sudden? Am I missing something here?

Quote:
he has the following mods on the M3

-custom made white brake calipers
The colour of the brake calipers is not going to improve the braking abilities of any car. So how does 'Custom white brake calipers' figure in the mods list?

Quote:
-custom made front bumper

-had just installed new led lights on the bumper the day i met him
Again, how does a 'Custom made front bumper with LED lights help in any way? I don't get it? Considering that you've mentioned later in your post that it's capable of some serious speeds (Which I will get to in a bit)

Quote:
-black rims (dont know the make or size but have put up pics)
Those are stock 18" BMW M3 wheels as far as I'm concerned. Just powder coated black with a white lip.

Quote:
he claimed his car had in total 420 BHP !!!!!!
420 horses? An M3 in stock guise makes around 414 horses I believe. And taking into consideration the Hamann exhaust that pushes out 40 horses, how does it make only 420 in total? Seems like you've got your math wrong.

Quote:
-the white M3 (the one i got a ride in)

and a whole lot of other cars which he said he used and sold ...
Which 'White M3'? Looking closely at the pictures, I see two white M3s. One bearing the registration number: GJ 1 KB 8055 and the other one bearing the number: GJ 1 HR 8055.

One can recreate the above by using PS.

Quote:
them is when he reached 333kmph ! yes you read that right 333kmph !
also attached is a pick before he got his new bumper.
So before he installed the 'New custom bumper' he managed 333km/h! I wonder how much more he could have pushed it after he got the new bumper!

333km/h achieved in an M3 with a Hamann exhaust and a custom bumper? Oh and custom white brake calipers and LEDs? This doesn't add up! There are certain individuals in this forum who have supercharged M3s and supercharged 911 Carreras and I'm sure that it would still be a struggle for them to reach such speeds.

I'm sorry. I do not believe a single word of this. And I speak for a few others as well!

And the different number plates enforce this feeling!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 16th January 2010 at 10:55.
Old 16th January 2010, 11:12   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

So before he installed the 'New custom bumper' he managed 333km/h! I wonder how much more he could have pushed it after he got the new bumper!

333km/h achieved in an M3 with a Hamann exhaust and a custom bumper? Oh and custom white brake calipers and LEDs? This doesn't add up! There are certain individuals in this forum who have supercharged M3s and supercharged 911 Carreras and I'm sure that it would still be a struggle for them to reach such speeds.

I'm sorry. I do not believe a single word of this. And I speak for a few others as well!

i dont know about the 2 white m3s but i do know a thing or 2 about photoshop and that 333kmph picture sure looks like its photoshopped. the speedo dial and the digital speedometer. why 333? since its easy. he could have been at 23kmph in real life and he just copied the one three and pasted it in two other places.

id be glad if i were proved wrong.
Old 16th January 2010, 11:52   #10
Senior - BHPian

Lucky you, got a ride in M3! The front bumper looks good with those LEDs. Can we have more pictures of the car?
And there's something wrong with that 420hp you qouted. If you say the Hamann exhausts add 40hp, then the total should come up to 454hp! As a stock M3 churns out 414hp.
And what is so 'custom' about those white calipers? Further you said there was one white M3. But in those pictures, as Suhaas said, i see two M3s with different reg plates.
It'd be great if you clarify our doubts garret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i dont know about the 2 white m3s but i do know a thing or 2 about photoshop and that 333kmph picture sure looks like its photoshopped. the speedo dial and the digital speedometer. why 333? since its easy. he could have been at 23kmph in real life and he just copied the one three and pasted it in two other places.

id be glad if i were proved wrong.
+1 It's impossible for the M3 to reach 333kph with just one Hamann exhaust mod. May be ecks can give us a better answer. He's got more mods in his Jerez M3.

Last edited by theragingbull : 16th January 2010 at 11:57.
Old 16th January 2010, 12:16   #11
Senior - BHPian

First of all , this isn't about Garret here. He just relayed what he heard. Its more about 'Mr Hamann M3' . So let me clear the air here .

As per Garret he has the following mods on the M3
-custom made white brake calipers (Nothing custom made about them. Just painted white , and they look terrible IMO)

-hamann exhaust which he claims adds 40bhp (You correctly used the word 'claimed' , as it is only a 'claim' . There is no info on the Hamann website that indicates a gain like that)

-custom made front bumper(Nothing custom made here too. Just a standard , tacky hamann front lip)

-had just installed new led lights on the bumper the day i met him(That came with the lip)

-black rims (standard 18" rims that are badly powdercoated)

he claimed his car had in total 420 BHP(thats stock power there)

As for the 333 speed picture. It may or may not be PS'd. He would need an ECU tune to get the speed limiter removed and then have the RPM limiter raised to 8700 . But as Garret says that the shifting was taking place at 8200(stock limit , I think) , it may be photo shopped.

No disrespect to Garret or his M3 friend. Its just that I modified my M3 to 600 + hp levels , so I know a thing or two about this.
Old 16th January 2010, 12:26   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett_t16 View Post
hi guys ,
k
!!! he said this was his 3rd set of tyres in less than 1 year .!

!
Is it True?Does he have poor braking skills or something.btw no offences bro 333 is very hard to believe with just a hamann exhaust.However i can believe if it was being towed by lambo at that time.
Old 16th January 2010, 12:30   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Hmmm, interesting collection..

I thought you were sitting in the 'White M3'. How did you shift to the 'Navy Blue Z4' all of a sudden? Am I missing something here?

The colour of the brake calipers is not going to improve the braking abilities of any car. So how does 'Custom white brake calipers' figure in the mods list?

Again, how does a 'Custom made front bumper with LED lights help in any way? I don't get it? Considering that you've mentioned later in your post that it's capable of some serious speeds (Which I will get to in a bit)

Those are stock 18" BMW M3 wheels as far as I'm concerned. Just powder coated black with a white lip.

420 horses? An M3 in stock guise makes around 414 horses I believe. And taking into consideration the Hamann exhaust that pushes out 40 horses, how does it make only 420 in total? Seems like you've got your math wrong.

Which 'White M3'? Looking closely at the pictures, I see two white M3s. One bearing the registration number: GJ 1 KB 8055 and the other one bearing the number: GJ 1 HR 8055.

One can recreate the above by using PS.

first of all i was always in the m3 ..the z4 was ahead of us ...when he floored it i told my friend driving the m3 to floor it ,get it now ?

his calipers were stock before ..were looking great in white so i have attached pics ..i know they dont improve braking abilities but just included them as they are not stock ..

the rims i specially mentioned i didnt know about ,good to know that they are just powder coated !

i did not go out to a dyno and check the bhp ..i have just mentioned what he told me when i asked him about the bhp..maybe i got my math wrong and did not know it produced 414 bhp i thought it had 380

i got a ride in the KB 8055 m3 , i have mentioned that the other picture is lifted from his facebook account , not clicked by me so i dont know about that .. i will surely ask him when i meet him online ! did not notice that

i did not want to argue with him about the top speed ..knowing it is limited and that he could not have possibly reached that speed i just believed what he said ..(lol) so have posted the picture ..looks authentic but maybe it is photoshopped ,
then what would explain 7th gear and the speedo needle ?
please explain

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th January 2010 at 23:59. Reason: 2 smileys max per post -- please make sure you look at the Team-BHP rules in the announcements section before continuing.
Old 16th January 2010, 12:36   #14
BHPian

could we please See the Rest of The Beauties

M3 - Black
S320 - black
Z4 - Blue
Old 16th January 2010, 12:47   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
First of all , this isn't about Garret here. He just relayed what he heard. Its more about 'Mr Hamann M3' . So let me clear the air here .

As per Garret he has the following mods on the M3
-custom made white brake calipers (Nothing custom made about them. Just painted white , and they look terrible IMO)

-hamann exhaust which he claims adds 40bhp (You correctly used the word 'claimed' , as it is only a 'claim' . There is no info on the Hamann website that indicates a gain like that)

-custom made front bumper(Nothing custom made here too. Just a standard , tacky hamann front lip)

-had just installed new led lights on the bumper the day i met him(That came with the lip)

-black rims (standard 18" rims that are badly powdercoated)

he claimed his car had in total 420 BHP(thats stock power there)

As for the 333 speed picture. It may or may not be PS'd. He would need an ECU tune to get the speed limiter removed and then have the RPM limiter raised to 8700 . But as Garret says that the shifting was taking place at 8200(stock limit , I think) , it may be photo shopped.

No disrespect to Garret or his M3 friend. Its just that I modified my M3 to 600 + hp levels , so I know a thing or two about this.
i have mentioned before that he has gotten his car tuned(or thats what he told me ) , he was using the gear knob to shift , and he shifted at exactly 8200k.. does the m3 have a rev bouncing sound because i did not hear it at 8200k ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks