Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2010, 14:03   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-e-ok View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...-years-77.html

Check this link to check the model of BMW yuvi has or had. It was sure a head turner and road burner.
Yes Yuvi had a E46 M3 which was yellow in colour but i think he has the E90 M3 Cabrio now.Red in colour.
Old 20th January 2010, 17:22   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Jesus my friend, all we are saying is that you do not have to say roadster, because SL/SLK implies roadster in itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baleno7811 View Post
Bro all Ecks and Scorcher are trying to educate you is that all the SLKs are convertibles ( Roadsters) and hence there is no need to use the term Roadster.What we are trying to say is that you do not call a Maser Quattroporte a Maser Quattroporte saloon as all Quattroportes are saloons.Hope you get the pointAnd about Google and yahoo searches ,they are not reliable mate,as we all know just about anyone can contribute information to it.
Of course I learnt that with Scorcher's original post on that. Did you not read? I also just said that my doubt had arose from the fact that some websites also call it roadster.

Not an exciting topic to continue with. Please.

Last edited by Gurpartap Singh : 20th January 2010 at 17:23.
Old 20th January 2010, 20:46   #48
BHPian

Punjab Exotics

Exotics in Punjab can be seen everywhere even in small town like Bathinda we can see German mean machines on road or parked infornt od lavish houses.

Some of the cars i seen in Bathinda past month.
1. Audi Q7 white owned by a MLA
2. BMW 530D silver owned by transpoter
3. BMW X5 black
4. Toyota Prado white owned by a punjab singer
5. Mercedes C Class
6. Lexus Lx 570
Old 20th January 2010, 21:02   #49
BHPian

This picture of Maybach is from Punjab. As u can see on Number plate. The owner of this Maybach is from Ludhiana. A Namdhari spent about 5.50 crore on this car. And now he is takin full care of this baby. Note the Marble finished flooring and the glass wall. Special room for this special car.

Punjabi Nahi kise to Kat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Few years back I saw a maroon Merc ML350, a black Hyundai Grandeur, a silver Toyota Prado TZ, a red Toyota MR2 (or may be Celica, not sure) and a black BMW 7-series in my short stay of a few hours at Amritsar. In those days, Mercs were the most desirable cars on sale and BMW had zero presence. Considering that I saw so many imports within a few hours, I wonder what would have been the situation now specially in Ludhiana, which is often regarded as the Merc capital of India. Punjab sure has lots of exotics. Now we need some pics on this thread to prove it.

I agree with you, Ludhiana as heard is known for Mercedes. Once read in Economics Times that City had maximum number of mercedes cars compared to any city in India as per people ratio.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Punjab-image0236pl.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Punjab-mercedes_maybachbt000171_623310.jpg  

Last edited by tsk1979 : 21st January 2010 at 10:50. Reason: Removed "sikh" as requested
Old 20th January 2010, 21:04   #50
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Few years back I saw a maroon Merc ML350, a black Hyundai Grandeur, a silver Toyota Prado TZ, a red Toyota MR2 (or may be Celica, not sure) and a black BMW 7-series in my short stay of a few hours at Amritsar. In those days, Mercs were the most desirable cars on sale and BMW had zero presence. Considering that I saw so many imports within a few hours, I wonder what would have been the situation now specially in Ludhiana, which is often regarded as the Merc capital of India. Punjab sure has lots of exotics. Now we need some pics on this thread to prove it.
Old 20th January 2010, 21:24   #51
BHPian

We can see the Trend of cars and BMW demand from this video

LandRover's In Punjab
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Punjab-2722790542_8d7dc62682_b.jpg  

Attached Images
File Type: bmp untitledp.bmp (109.6 KB, 1716 views)

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th January 2010 at 23:07. Reason: You have been already informed, please take time to compose the post and avoid "BACK TO BACK" posts! Thanks
Old 21st January 2010, 10:28   #52
BHPian

We also have a team-bhp member's Jalandhar registered Rangie.

The thread's here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diecast View Post
Sorry for the concern...I would take care of it.

Last edited by Gurpartap Singh : 21st January 2010 at 10:29.
Old 21st January 2010, 11:30   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[left]This picture of Maybach is from Punjab. As u can see on Number plate. The owner of this Maybach is from Ludhiana. A Namdhari spent about 5.50 crore on this car. And now he is takin full care of this baby. Note the Marble finished flooring and the glass wall. Special room for this special car.
Pheww ! Atlast, a pic of the Maybach other than the second pic. Good find buddy, i've been seeing the other pic for ages.

AFAIK, the owner(some baba i guess) did'nt spend a penny on the car, as it was gifted to him by a 'very' pleased devotee.
Old 21st January 2010, 12:09   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Pheww ! Atlast, a pic of the Maybach other than the second pic. Good find buddy, i've been seeing the other pic for ages.

AFAIK, the owner(some baba i guess) did'nt spend a penny on the car, as it was gifted to him by a 'very' pleased devotee.
Yea,It was gifted to him by his follower.I have heard somebody left the car in front of his place with the keys and papers. Thats what i have heard.
But this is something i want to see in flesh but never came across. especially the back seat with a glass partition where you can control the transparency and how opaque the partition glass will look.And the button to close the door even.Its too long to get the hands on.But still RR phantom will be the choice if given a chance.

Last edited by Car-e-ok : 21st January 2010 at 12:13.
Old 21st January 2010, 22:26   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Exotics in Punjab can be seen everywhere even in small town like Bathinda we can see German mean machines on road or parked infornt od lavish houses.

Some of the cars i seen in Bathinda past month.
1. Audi Q7 white owned by a MLA
2. BMW 530D silver owned by transpoter
3. BMW X5 black
4. Toyota Prado white owned by a punjab singer
5. Mercedes C Class
6. Lexus Lx 570
These are in no way called as exotics. And from Punjab we are not expecting these. I am sure there will be lots of biggies
Old 22nd January 2010, 02:36   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post

Yes its the head of the Namdharis Baba Jagjit Singh.

Also on the GT Road (driving from Ludhiana) there is an unofficial Mercedes workshop near Phagwara. Always lots of Mercs parked there for a service.

Jazzy B also has some sort of Hummer at his home in Nawansher district.

Last edited by bigman : 22nd January 2010 at 02:37.
Old 23rd January 2010, 01:06   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Yes its the head of the Namdharis Baba Jagjit Singh.

Also on the GT Road (driving from Ludhiana) there is an unofficial Mercedes workshop near Phagwara. Always lots of Mercs parked there for a service.

Jazzy B also has some sort of Hummer at his home in Nawansher district.
Yes you are right my friend.Jazzy b owns yellow Hummer.There has been plenty of videos posted already on youtube.
Old 23rd January 2010, 02:08   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
It wouldn't be wrong to say that this workshop also contributed to the number of mercedes sold in the region in last 2 decades+. They hardly have time to revive some of the beauties shattering in their workshop for years.

Also a very very good place for old merc hunters.
Old 23rd January 2010, 03:07   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
These are in no way called as exotics. And from Punjab we are not expecting these. I am sure there will be lots of biggies
Satan, we are talking about bathinda there is a small town and is said to be the most backward area in Punjab. these cars are big there.
Old 26th January 2010, 14:26   #60
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is a pic of a Nissan pick-up (don't know which model) that I first spotted in Jalandhar-Pathankot highway and again in the Pathankot city but finally snapped it in Jammu.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Punjab-dsc01548.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks