Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2010, 18:24   #1
BHPian

Supercars & Imports : Punjab

No surprises about why there isn't a thread for this already. The teens here are dedicatedly busy on Facebook.

Mercedes? I have seen all the range available in a single day: C, E, M, S (or ML?), SLK 200K. kk, I just meant to complete the list, and probably C, or even E is not considered an exotic anymore on tbhp. And it was not the showroom where I saw them.

Two days back I saw an almost cherry red SLK55 AMG Roadster in Hoshiarpur. Registered in the same city with a VIP number. O it was more pleasing when I saw it with the roof down than it was with it being up. But I wasn't in a situation to take a picture. No problems. I'm close to where the machine is. Some day soon.

Audis.. not a lot actually. A few Q7s and an A8 is all that I have seen "in" the state. I know a few others but I haven't seen.

Beemers, similar story as merc but in lesser population.

There is a sort of argument between merc and bmw being the better. The snob value arguments with zero real world proven reason.

Regarding others, I have seen a Jalandhar registered red H3 in the same city. Then a couple of H2s. Can't remember off my head what else I'm supposed to mention. But I'm glad what the state has despite being a very small one.

So.

What have you seen?

EDIT: Oh, I did it. My first thread on the forums. lol.

Last edited by Gurpartap Singh : 16th January 2010 at 18:29.
Old 16th January 2010, 18:53   #2
BHPian

My Brother is in ludhiana

His rides include

The 730 Ld , 520d , M3 Coupe , Audi A4 , Audi Q7 , Mercedes E240 , S320 CDI , BMW 650 i .

Buying another sportscar soon !
Old 16th January 2010, 21:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalhotra_93 View Post
My Brother is in ludhiana

His rides include

The 730 Ld , 520d , M3 Coupe , Audi A4 , Audi Q7 , Mercedes E240 , S320 CDI , BMW 650 i .

Buying another sportscar soon !
Oh thats a cool collection. Anyways that garage does need a super car ?
Which car is coming in ?
Old 17th January 2010, 00:49   #4
BHPian

Dont forget the unlimited amount of land cruisers,LX470's. Anyways how can we forget the mighty maybach.
Old 17th January 2010, 07:36   #5
BHPian

Yeah, most of the cars are bought with some level of practicality in mind. Have never seen or heard of a hypercar here.

Oh, and I saw a black M3 old gen in Phagwara few weeks back and an old-style-vip-number-plated black Prado in Jalandhar.

Last edited by Gurpartap Singh : 17th January 2010 at 07:38.
Old 17th January 2010, 07:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

So sad I was expecting a lot of photos in this thread.

Photos speak more than 1000 words.
Old 17th January 2010, 12:05   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurpartap Singh View Post
Yeah, most of the cars are bought with some level of practicality in mind. Have never seen or heard of a hypercar here.

Oh, and I saw a black M3 old gen in Phagwara few weeks back and an old-style-vip-number-plated black Prado in Jalandhar.
errr....you are rather new to TBHP i believe. there is a lambo lp640 in punjab and its owner is a member of Tbhp too!! check out his garage...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...my-garage.html

cheers!!
Old 17th January 2010, 18:17   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
errr....you are rather new to TBHP i believe. there is a lambo lp640 in punjab and its owner is a member of Tbhp too!! check out his garage...

cheers!!
I bet Mr. Gurpartap already knows about it .
Old 18th January 2010, 01:07   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post

cheers!!
Wait for some time when ecks is shifted to delhi,then he can use the statement again.Because then lambo wont be exotic hailing from punjab anymore.Unless we start categorizing by registration plates.
Anyways this thread is looking a bit iffy without pics i must say.

Last edited by Car-e-ok : 18th January 2010 at 01:09.
Old 18th January 2010, 01:30   #10
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Car-e-ok. This thread badly need some pics. I think major issue is the well known exotics in PB which are Ecks garage and the silver M6 have their own thread and got nothing to post in here.

As CH is a part of PB, and PB dont have any mentionable imports/exotics other than the Chandigarh ones, then why do we need two threads ?
Old 18th January 2010, 01:53   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
I agree with Car-e-ok. This thread badly need some pics. I think major issue is the well known exotics in PB which are Ecks garage and the silver M6 have their own thread and got nothing to post in here.

As CH is a part of PB, and PB dont have any mentionable imports/exotics other than the Chandigarh ones, then why do we need two threads ?
To be honest scorcher buddy, punjab has plenty of mentionable exotics . I mean if you got to ludhiana you will find mercedes more often then a maruti.Its like punjab Bhpians are not really into clicking pics spree these days looks like . I visit many cities in punjab often and see heaps of exotics however i am not in the india at the moment.

Last edited by Car-e-ok : 18th January 2010 at 01:54.
Car-e-ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2010, 13:52   #12
BHPian

Punjab and Chandigarh are different . Though it is considered to be a part of Punjab but Chandigarh is a Union Territory .
Old 18th January 2010, 14:00   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalhotra_93 View Post
Punjab and Chandigarh are different . Though it is considered to be a part of Punjab but Chandigarh is a Union Territory .
Glad you wrote it. I so really wanted to write it but i was like leave it . This will invite more discussions and arguements. And thread will loose its meaning.
But this thread is more or less like a blog or chatroom now. Not even a single pic as of now.
Old 18th January 2010, 14:01   #14
Senior - BHPian

@smalhotra- Thanks buddy for clarifiying. Thats what even i was wondering its CH instead of PB. A similar case is Pondycherry(PY) in Tamilnadu(TN).
Old 18th January 2010, 16:07   #15
BHPian

yeah . its the same case .

@ Gurpartap : Buddy , get some pics as you start thread . The first or the 2nd post should be accompanied by atleast a couple of pics . No offence meant but just a piece of advice .

Most Viewed