Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2010, 23:01   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Dir Shankar -> Black 5 series
Shankar owns a 7 series not a 5 series and it's number is & i think so.
Old 18th January 2010, 08:54   #32
BHPian

Do South movie stars mean just the Tamil ones?

Anyway, I'll add my knowledge of the Telugu stars:

Power Star owns a Q7.

Stylish Star recently bought a black X6.

Yuva Samrat is a known car lover, and owns everything from Beemer's to Porsche's to Ferrari's to superbikes.

Yuva Rathna owns a 7 series.

Megastar owns an S class.

Young Tiger is another known car lover. He owns an X5, a 911, a 7 series, a Cayenne, possibly an X6 and a collection of superbikes.

Collection King owns a Range Rover, a Porsche Cayenne and an Audi A8.

Angry Young Man owns a couple of Toyota Landcruisers and an E-Class.

Real Star owns a HUGE vanity van that is always parked outside his house. Apart from that, he also owns an old Merc, and a Landcruiser.

Crazy Star owns an A6. All his vehicles have the same colour and number.

Rebel Star, Prince and Victory are relatively quiet on the cars scene.

The 100% success record director owns a Land Rover, while the director who shaped the career of Crazy Star and delivered the biggest hit of the industry (at the time) owns a Q7.

The remaining heroes either own regular non-exotic cars or are beyond my knowledge. I'd be surprised if anyone knows all the owners of the above titles, so have fun guessing (and discovering!).
Old 18th January 2010, 09:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

@f450- whoa ! Dude, south stars defenitly include Telungu stars. But that does'nt mean we'll be aware of the nick names of your stars buddy ! I'm from Kerala and i got no clue whom all are you mentioning to, but know names of numerous stars. Please look into it.

Nice finds though !
Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2010, 09:54   #34
BHPian

All I got from that post was Star.
Karthik-zza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2010, 09:57   #35
Senior - BHPian

What does Allu Arjun of the A-Ante fame drive ?
Old 18th January 2010, 11:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hey f450, you guys from Hyderabad may know the nicknames of all your stars, but what about others. So please reveal their names and post the same list once more.
Old 18th January 2010, 11:44   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
@f450- whoa ! Dude, south stars defenitly include Telungu stars. But that does'nt mean we'll be aware of the nick names of your stars buddy ! I'm from Kerala and i got no clue whom all are you mentioning to, but know names of numerous stars. Please look into it.

Nice finds though !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Hey f450, you guys from Hyderabad may know the nicknames of all your stars, but what about others. So please reveal their names and post the same list once more.
Same opinion; interesting collection, but since you haven't revealed their name we can't understand who own which!
Old 18th January 2010, 11:48   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
Do South movie stars mean just the Tamil ones?

Anyway, I'll add my knowledge of the Telugu stars:

Power Star (and discovering!).
I am seeing stars after your post. Please put down their names.
Old 18th January 2010, 15:20   #39
Senior - BHPian

@bivin- afaik,Only well off mallu director to own to own relatively flamboyant set of wheels is Priyadarshan. He owns a SL500, Had a Beetle(sold to b'lore).

And the only director i know with army background is only 3 films old and dont think he can afford such extravaganzas(that is strictly from the film industry pov, maybe he is quite loaded otherwise) and his elder brother is a asst. Director.
Old 18th January 2010, 15:49   #40

Quote:
@bivin- afaik,Only well off mallu director to own to own relatively flamboyant set of wheels is Priyadarshan. He owns a SL500, Had a Beetle(sold to b'lore).

And the only director i know with army background is only 3 films old and dont think he can afford such extravaganzas(that is strictly from the film industry pov, maybe he is quite loaded otherwise) and his elder brother is a asst. Director.

I agree with Scorcher. Knowing the mallu industry's compensation scheme very well when it comes to both artistes and technicians, it isnt a surprise to not see directors with luxury vehicles - let alone actors. Infact the number of mallu actors with luxury vehicles in Kerala is way lesser than neighbouring states.

Director Joshi has been an exception right from the beginning. He had a Honda Accord in the 80s, followed by an E-mercs.But then again, he did come from a wealthy background.

Director Shaji Kailas used to have an E-class.Not sure if it still around.

Actor Rahman used to come to the shooting sets for his very first film in a Mazda.

We need more car afficianados in the mallu industry (excluding the present half-handful).
Old 18th January 2010, 17:12   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
i guess you managed to figure out who it is after all!! i thought so too, but then this guy goes on to tell me that the person who owns the yellow lambo gallardo SL in chennai is his uncle... im not really sure weather to believe him or not..

there are lots of other stories told by him aswell... he claims he got his 'M3' for a mere 40lakhs!! he says as his dad is ex-army, he gets special discounts and so on an so forth... i know there is such a provision for people in the army, but such a huge discount?? AFAIK th M3 cost about 85-90lakhs...
can you make some sense out of this??

My My ! M3 for 40lacks ? Then im joining army the very next moment ! Or get it on my dad since he is a ex-Airforce person(no such allowances cos he resigned to take on family business). I knew soldiers had liquor/food/housing/home appiliance/low end vehicle allowances, but all that is given to them at a bazaar type set up inside the military camp(i know since i have a milary camp near my place and as mentioned my dad was an airman). I have never seen a M3 in there

And i think the Gallardo SL belongs to a textile mill guy who resides from ECR and is a proper tamilian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh2010 View Post
I agree with Scorcher.

Director Joshi has been an exception right from the beginning. He had a Honda Accord in the 80s, followed by an E-mercs.But then again, he did come from a wealthy background.

Director Shaji Kailas used to have an E-class.Not sure if it still around.

Actor Rahman used to come to the shooting sets for his very first film in a Mazda.

We need more car afficianados in the mallu industry (excluding the present half-handful).

Shaji Kailas lives pretty close to my place, he recently sold his blue Octavia and got a white Sonata Transform.

Rahman is settled in Chennai and drives a White Civic and a Alto for his wife Meher, The civic was featured in Mohanlal flick "Rock'n'Roll". His old Mazda was pretty 'over'loaded for that times and had a television in it, which is said to be caught fancy of even Rajnikant.

Last edited by Scorcher : 18th January 2010 at 17:16.
Old 18th January 2010, 19:46   #42
BHPian

Quote:

Nice finds though !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik-zza View Post
All I got from that post was Star.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Same opinion; interesting collection, but since you haven't revealed their name we can't understand who own which!
Haha, ok. I'll try to relate them to Tamil movies also, because there are so many remakes that go back and forth between the two industries.

Power Star is Pavan Kalyan. He's Chiranjeevi's brother and has starred in films such as Khushi (remade from Khushi), Jalsa and Thammudu (remade into Badri).

Stylish Star is Allu Arjun. Nephew of Chiranjeevi and son of Allu Arvind (producer of Hindi Ghajini). Has starred in Arya (remade into Kutty), Arya 2 etc.

Yuva Samrat is Nagarjuna. Son of Akkineni Nageshwara Rao. Also owns a posh restaurant in Hyd. Pillar 1 of the Telugu film industry.

Yuvan Rathna is Balakrishna. Son of legendary NTR. Pillar 2 of the Telugu film industry.

Megastar is Chiranjeevi, but everyone probably knows who he is. Chief of a political party now. Pillar 3 of the Telugu film industry.

Young Tiger is Jr. NTR. Grandson of NTR. Has starred in Aadi (remade into Jai), Simhadri, Yamadonga and the latest Adhurs.

Collection King is Mohan Babu. Very senior actor in the industry, and now both his sons are heroes too. Younger son may be familiar to Tamilians as the hero of the movie "Yennai Theriyumma", in which Simbhu sang a song.

Angry Young Man is Dr. Rajasekhar. Has also acted in a few Tamil movies, I think.

Real Star is Srihari.

Crazy Star is Ravi Teja. Has starred in movies such as Idiot (remade into Dhum), Khadgam, Kick (being remade into Thillalangadi) and Amma, Nana O Tamil Ammayi (remade into M Kumaran S/O Mahalakshmi).

Rebel Star is Prabhas, nephew of actor Krishnam Raju. Has starred in Varsham (remade into Mazhai), Chatrapathi, Billa (remade from Billa) etc.

Prince is Mahesh Babu, son of actor Krishna. Has starred in movies such as Okkadu (remade into Ghilli), Pokiri (remade into Pokkiri) and Athadu.

Victory Venkatesh is son of producer D. Ramanaidu. Pillar 4 of the Telugu film industry.

Hope that helps!
f450 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2010, 20:29   #43
Senior - BHPian

@f450- I alredy knew most of them,

Allu Arjun(really famous in here, dubbed versions of almost all his movies have done pretty well in here)
Nagarjuna (did mallu movies long ago) i think he had a grey Cayenne and Blue CBR 954.
Chiranjivi (did mallu films)
Mahesh Babu, the original Pokkiri boy and husband of Namrata Shirodkar.

Heard of Pawan Kalyan, Ntr, Jr.Ntr, Prabhas n Ravi Teja too.

Thanks for the update buddy, would have much easier for us if you did this in the main post.
Old 19th January 2010, 13:44   #44

I was told that Mr. Kamal Hassan has a silver Landcruiser Cygnus. Can anyone of our Chennai members clarify this ?
Old 19th January 2010, 20:24   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh2010 View Post
I was told that Mr. Kamal Hassan has a silver Landcruiser Cygnus. Can anyone of our Chennai members clarify this ?
I really dont thing so. I know for sure he has a prado white one and a hummer h2.
His hummer h2 actually got featured in a local magazine and he also mentioned of his prado but nothing of the cygnus.

Most Viewed