Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2010, 20:11   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
The mustang is a 6 cylinder not a V8. The GTR is not a V12 my friend.
speedy i know the GTR is not a V12. what i meant was that the lp 640 and GTR sounded best of the lot.
and thanks for telling us about the mustang.
Old 1st February 2010, 20:13   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
How come your name is not there in the list. Or ya didnt take your Turbo?
was there buddy , had a blast ,since i did not bring my car my name was not on the list , but nice of hormaz to put me with his son in the 370 z..will post pics soon
Old 1st February 2010, 22:02   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcarrera View Post
was there buddy , had a blast ,since i did not bring my car my name was not on the list , but nice of hormaz to put me with his son in the 370 z..will post pics soon
Oh you were there in 370Z..thats great Ml.Waiting for pics.

@Dippy: Those snaps are just too good man!!

Last edited by Dippy : 2nd February 2010 at 13:57. Reason: Correcting ya = you
Old 1st February 2010, 22:04   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
well in that case, how was the Can-Am aloowed?? its not even a car for starters!!
Do I look like the organizing committee of the Supercar Club of India?? Probablly because of its Rarity I guess. And BTW, Neither is it a Bike, So....

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 1st February 2010 at 22:05.
Old 1st February 2010, 22:06   #170
Senior - BHPian

who else was there in the 370Z ? who was driving ?
Old 1st February 2010, 23:33   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
well in that case, how was the Can-Am aloowed?? its not even a car for starters!!
haha agreed. On the same perspective, how was the Segway allowed inside ?
If rarity is a criteria then i dont see any reason why the mustang was rejected

Quote:
Oh so it was you who asked me "how much does your car do after conversion?".. (I was driving the M3 modded by hamann)
Do you have any photos of the m3 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
Hormaz's son Nikki.

Last edited by evil_e46 : 1st February 2010 at 23:39.
Old 1st February 2010, 23:35   #172

Did the Segway take part in the Parade?? No. Need I say more.
Old 1st February 2010, 23:42   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Did the Segway take part in the Parade?? No. Need I say more.
It entered the premises as a vehicle? Yes. Only super-cars by definition were allowed inside. Need i say anymore?
Old 1st February 2010, 23:47   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
it was nikki , hormaz's son though didnt care much for the 370 (pretty expensive for what it offers) , i enjoyed the whole experience and the drive on sealink , 4 lambos were doin 200 neck to neck ..almost like fighter jets during a republic day parade

it was nice meeting other tbhpians..spiff, dippi,dante and a few others

and last but not the least went on 2 horses instead of the usual 480 at the gate way of india
Old 2nd February 2010, 00:26   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
it was nikki , hormaz's son though didnt care much for the 370 (pretty expensive for what it offers) , i enjoyed the whole experience and the drive on sealink , 4 lambos were doin 200 neck to neck ..almost like fighter jets during a republic day parade
I thought Hormazd had given strict instructions to be within the speed limit at all times as there are cameras on the sea link
Old 2nd February 2010, 00:58   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_e46 View Post
haha agreed. On the same perspective, how was the Segway allowed inside ?
If rarity is a criteria then i dont see any reason why the mustang was rejected
The Segway belongs to G.S. and was not inside the venue, but kept at the Parx little booth. The only time it made it inside was when G.S. was on it. For starters he sponsored the event.
The mustang (any of them) is by no means a supercar, it never was in the 60's and is not one even today, they were muscle cars. This perticular car is a 6cyl small block that most of the classic car guys would not even call it a pure muscle car. There was a year cut off as well otherwise N.P. would have got his mustang which definately is capable of knocking the socks off some of the cars at the event.
The Can AM was allowed as it is neither a bike nor a car and also it is the only one in the country. The mustangs are rare to purchase but plenty in the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_e46 View Post
It entered the premises as a vehicle? Yes. Only super-cars by definition were allowed inside. Need i say anymore?
It entered the premises as nothing but a fun element for G.S. It was not registered for the run nor was it claimed to be a supercar or any other thing.
Unfortunately you driving J.P.'s M3 was also not allowed into the premises but did join the drive when the cars left the premises. So now was it because the orginisers had something against the M3 you were driving while 5 or 4 others stood inside. Plain simple you did not register for the event. I did not consider some of the cars inside as supercars but as long as everyone had fun and it was a treat to see some fabulous cars, there are no complains.
Lets leave the mustang out of the discussion for the event and talk of cars that were there.
Old 2nd February 2010, 07:06   #177
Senior - BHPian

Guys where are the videos that were taken during the event ? I'm sure there were lot of videos taken .Please post the videos as soon as possible.
Waiting to listen to the beasts especially the vantage v8 and the lp640.
Old 2nd February 2010, 11:25   #178
Senior - BHPian

Super Cars in Action - Video

We got back from an adventure trip to Kelva Beach at 8 in the morning and were in 2 minds abt going for the Super Car Rally. And finally we decided that whoever wakes up will go, no one confirms.

With great difficulty we got out of our beds after just 2hrs of sleep and got to Bandra reclamation by abt 11:15am. Finally it was just 2 of us, nitrox and myself.

Bandra Reclamation - We chose this location as it was the only spot where these guys were gonna be able to go all out. Abt 600 meters of fresh/flat/smooth road, with complete visibility, no corners and no traffic. Perfect drag strip for these mean machines.

So here we are at abt 11:30am...right at the center points of the 600 meter patch waiting for the demons to arrive. Just then a swift turns up with the event officials in it. What luck!!! we ask them if we can get some passes and here you go..."how many of you guys need them?" we say 4, and at the next moment we are all set to have a close look at the cars. We felt that God had rewarded our efforts and sleep sacrifice.

And then far away at the starting point we see some bright white headlights just a few inches above the road level...the first set of cars, 4 Lambos turn up at the start point. They wait for each other to line up........... And then all HELL broke loose the roar of the Lambos gave us goose bums standing 300+ meters away. It was an unbelievable spectacle to watch those bulls flyby….what a start, it gust cant better than this. In a few seconds we had the Ferraris, the Porches, the Bentleys….flyby and within 4 mins all the cars had cleared.

Event: Mumbai Super Car Sunday - 31st Jan 2010. Pics and full Report on pg. 8/9-img_2796.jpg

Event: Mumbai Super Car Sunday - 31st Jan 2010. Pics and full Report on pg. 8/9-img_2797.jpg

Event: Mumbai Super Car Sunday - 31st Jan 2010. Pics and full Report on pg. 8/9-img_2798.jpg

We then decided to head for the Vidhan Bhanvan to check out the cars in detail. But believe me the 4 mins at bandra reclamation were just unbelievable.
Now I am gonna let the videos do the rest of the talking.......

Old 2nd February 2010, 12:03   #179
BHPian

Speedy i know GS sponsored the event and the likes and he has discretion over what he wants inside and I solely put up those points in regard to cyrus' opinions. Its not like im against anyone.
At the end of the day all of us had fun and thats what matters right.

Keeping in mind all that you said about the mustang, how did the 635csi become part of the SCI?

Also guys, I was wondering what happened to the 911 Carrera with the Aero Body Kit that Boney Chhabria owns. It featured in the promotional video taken on the wednesday before sunday but didnt turn up at Vidhan Sabha on Sunday?

Last edited by evil_e46 : 2nd February 2010 at 12:14.
Old 2nd February 2010, 12:32   #180
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

The Segway entering the venue :

Event: Mumbai Super Car Sunday - 31st Jan 2010. Pics and full Report on pg. 8/9-dsc03014.jpg

Most Viewed